• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

It's indeed cold in Taiwan (and humid), but I don't have to wear extra underwear to keep warm. I look at this pic to keep myself HOT instead:)

600full-marsha-wattanapanich.jpg

wow who is she? This marsha chick looks like some Hk actress.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sawasdee krup everybody! I'm still at MacDonalds deciding whether to go to work or not. Sigh . . . . .

After the "great flood" here, which I think officially ended early December although most businesses restarted late November, I noticed till today many people in Bangkok looks pretty glum and bored. Many are expecting another round of flood later this year which I believe will not come. You can sense that the Thais' spirit is very low and I wonder if it will ever recover.

Guess cannot blame them too as after the flood it was one bad news after another like people out of job, economy slowing, political uncertainty, drugs yes drug is very rampant now as last week S$42mil of drugs we found in a house and the case involves the army. Even as a businessman here its really boring to see also these things in a vibrant country supposed to be full of hope.

Sigh

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sawasdee krup everybody! I'm still at MacDonalds deciding whether to go to work or not. Sigh . . . . .

After the "great flood" here, which I think officially ended early December although most businesses restarted late November, I noticed till today many people in Bangkok looks pretty glum and bored. Many are expecting another round of flood later this year which I believe will not come. You can sense that the Thais' spirit is very low and I wonder if it will ever recover.

Guess cannot blame them too as after the flood it was one bad news after another like people out of job, economy slowing, political uncertainty, drugs yes drug is very rampant now as last week S$42mil of drugs we found in a house and the case involves the army. Even as a businessman here its really boring to see also these things in a vibrant country supposed to be full of hope.

Sigh

why so sian.. cheer up lah!!! There are so many nice things to check out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've used True, TOT and currently 3BB services. I have to say TOT is the worst. True in my estate is full so I chose 3BB. I have to say that 3BB is the most popular now and I guess also the most reliable. I am paying 1,400 THB for 12M download / 1M upload speed. I need the speed because I installed a box for my TV which I could watch about 50 channels (mostly Taiwan and some HK) via internet.

In Spore the contract is for 2 years. How long is the contract in LOS:confused: How about the cabling, do the majority of homes have the necessary cabling in place? In Spore, many homes can't support high speeds because of old wires.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Today's news The Nation

BANGKOK CRACKDOWN ON ENTERTAINMENT VENUES
City Police Ordered to Step Up Vice Suppression

BANGKOK: -- A deputy PM has instructed the city police to step up measures to prevent and eradicate drugs and other vices in the area after reports about an increase in Bangkok's entertainment venues with horse racing machines and drug sales.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung delivered drug suppression policies for Bangkok's entertainment venues to commanders and deputy commanders from nine districts under the Metropolitian Police Bureau's jurisdiction.

Chalerm revealed that only 600 of some 1,500 entertainment venues in Bangkok are licensed.

(unquote)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In Spore the contract is for 2 years. How long is the contract in LOS:confused: How about the cabling, do the majority of homes have the necessary cabling in place? In Spore, many homes can't support high speeds because of old wires.

TRUE uses satellite dish most of the time (problem is when bad weather can block signal) pretty reliable. I believe contract is only one year. If living in apartment or condo its easy to install by them. If on landed property it can be a problem as limited in each estate/village, so if all lines taken up then no more or got to wait for someone to unsubscribe.

TOT is the telephone service provider in Thailand and uses telephone line. Service sucks, signal speed sucks like you pay for 10M you get 100k if lucky.

3BB is the best and requires cable but should not be a problem. Like their service and speed is reliable. I think contract is 1 year.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

at MacDonalds deciding whether to go to work or
can sense that the Thais' spirit is very low and I wonder if it will
as a businessman here its really boring to see also these things in a vibrant country supposed to be full of hope.
Sigh
Joetys, take heart -sun comes up (inevitably) after rain. There's a lot going for LOS, will pass.

Blxxdy weather taken worse here, wet -before I hit T2 to catch evening plane to Bangers. Rain check next time, as u-turn tomorrow evening. No lobang, as with boss (maybe he shy to ask me to go Nana hehe).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Finally waited for massage to open after macdonalds. Just woke up from 5hrs of sleep, massage and some beer. Stay for another hour then go home like just finished a hard day's work.

Joetys, take heart -sun comes up (inevitably) after rain. There's a lot going for LOS, will pass.

Blxxdy weather taken worse here, wet -before I hit T2 to catch evening plane to Bangers. Rain check next time, as u-turn tomorrow evening. No lobang, as with boss (maybe he shy to ask me to go Nana hehe).

Have a safe trip buddy.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally waited for massage to open after macdonalds. Just woke up from 5hrs of sleep, massage and some beer. Stay for another hour then go home like just finished a hard day's work.

Hi, obviously its seems like LOS is very laid-back MAI PEN RAI(MPR) lifestyle; which I very much favoured too for retirement;
having explored W.Malaysia n the Philippines.
And that u, Chonburi, Narong, KYP,johnny,etc are MPR ambassadors/dictionaries. ..... I hv couple of ???

1. What website do u know of in search of Thai Music(Lukthung) open-air concerts in Provinces(not BKK).

2. Buying property/condo in provinces without Thai partner.

Tks

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any bicycle enthusiasts in this thread ?

I'm getting this 'mini' racer, built by Giant, model MR4. It's only 9.6 kg in weight, and it's fold-able.

2533662350_9c2a410db2_o.jpg

Do you think it's cool ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi, obviously its seems like LOS is very laid-back MAI PEN RAI(MPR) lifestyle; which I very much favoured too for retirement;
having explored W.Malaysia n the Philippines.
And that u, Chonburi, Narong, KYP,johnny,etc are MPR ambassadors/dictionaries. ..... I hv couple of ???

1. What website do u know of in search of Thai Music(Lukthung) open-air concerts in Provinces(not BKK).

2. Buying property/condo in provinces without Thai partner.

Tks

Hi melzp. 1st question I think I can answer tomorrow when I ask my Isaan staff. 2nd question will be a little difficult but I will try.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I'm getting this 'mini' racer, built by Giant, model MR4. It's only 9.6 kg in weight, and it's fold-able.

Do you think it's cool ?

I think its damn cool. How much?

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was in this Track(velodrome use) bike be in teenage years. Now Im looking/search at them again; eg. Frejus, Legnano Edddy Merck, Carlton, etc.
Not those FIXIES (fm Taiwan), very colorful popular in BKK(about 7500B). If u do know of those I mentioned, kindly share.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think its damn cool. How much?

It's about NT$20,000.

I cycle around my neighbourhood, but at the moment I'm riding a very old student bike loaned to me by my RoC friend. I visit the bank very often, and now that more and more in the neighhourhood are beginning to know me (and what I do for a living), I feel I have to cultivate a proper image.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was in this Track(velodrome use) bike be in teenage years. Now Im looking/search at them again; eg. Frejus, Legnano Edddy Merck, Carlton, etc.
Not those FIXIES (fm Taiwan), very colorful popular in BKK(about 7500B). If u do know of those I mentioned, kindly share.

I don't know any of the brands you mentioned. In RoC, the most famous brand is GIANT followed MERIDA. My RoC who loaned me his old Giant bike rides a Ferrari bike himself:

ferraribike010907_468x256.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

It's about NT$20,000.

I cycle around my neighbourhood, but at the moment I'm riding a very old student bike loaned to me by my RoC friend. I visit the bank very often, and now that more and more in the neighhourhood are beginning to know me (and what I do for a living), I feel I have to cultivate a proper image.

Should be a good image on this cool bike afterall Taiwanese is very 环保. Look out for neighbourhood MILFs.

Last edited: