• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Fuxx more important is you get to manage YOUR OWN cpf and not some farkers
Have not contribute anything to CHEAT PEASANTS FUND (CPF) long ago liaoz. :biggrin:

Anyway, I have very little in CPF, so just treat it as a tax or protection money.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thank You. Yes. food do stuck between my teeth too at the wisdom area, i have to floss it out almost daily. haha.

Maybe you are right. i have to take it out sometime in the future.

where do you usually hang out in Thailand, if you are in Bangkok? Any fun place to recommend? I like it there so much that i might want to stay there.. i always feel happy when i make a trip there.

Yes I'm in Bangkok. I guess most happening place here is the restaurant bistro Wine I Love You in CDC. Most people will know CDC area. Food and wine is great and like half the price compared to downtown and the crowed is very beautiful I mean many beautiful people think its a cool place to hang out here. I dine here at least once a week as its near my place and anyway when it first started I was there already before it got so popular so I get preferential treatment there.

You come here often, what's your favourite places here?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well, life is all about solving problem. The more problems you solved, the better your life would be. I meet friends for drinks and meals and usually the topic will zoom into their problems they encounter. so i see life as a way for people to solve problems. Kind of sianzzz if you think it this way but if you are the challenging type you can challenge yourself to how much problems you can solve in a week or a month. That will make it like a fun way to deal with life. just my humble opinion.
Hehehe. Was once a "on the bola" guy. Now, prefer to slow things down a little bit and see how the world goes by.

Hehehe, think I want to drop by at Walking for a short beer session. Nice way to end the week. See you guys! :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hehehe. Was once a "on the bola" guy. Now, prefer to slow things down a little bit and see how the world goes by.

Hehehe, think I want to drop by at Walking for a short beer session. Nice way to end the week. See you guys! :wink:

And you're leaving me alone, call this friend . . . . . seriously my chicken rice look ok?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

OK guys. Before I get mao. I still looking for the swee zha boh foto leh. If she need to runroad LOS, maybe I can find her a job in LOS. :wink:

Just wondering what is her expected salary? That's what I call TALENT and it's SG TALENT!

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes I'm in Bangkok. I guess most happening place here is the restaurant bistro Wine I Love You in CDC. Most people will know CDC area. Food and wine is great and like half the price compared to downtown and the crowed is very beautiful I mean many beautiful people think its a cool place to hang out here. I dine here at least once a week as its near my place and anyway when it first started I was there already before it got so popular so I get preferential treatment there.

You come here often, what's your favourite places here?

Care to give me the exact address for that bistro restaurant? would love to check it out.

Not very often lah.. maybe few times a year... just go there to rest and take my mind off. The more i go there, the more i like it. I am convinced that life should be like that and i love it when Thai people talk nicely to each other. Sgeans do not talk in a way to make others feel comfortable..maybe it is the culture.

no particular place to hang out.. just see a pub that looks nice and go in to check it out. hope you guys can recommend more so i can learn more from your Thai experiences. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And you're leaving me alone, call this friend . . . . . seriously my chicken rice look ok?
Your Khao Man Gai 害我, now I feel hungry again and must go find food liaoz. Going walking now. :wink:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

you guys talk like you are in MSN... haha..unique

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway guys today I did this:

View attachment 3639

errrrr chonburifc and yinyang, I think that night I drunk and slipped my tongue by mentioning a secret ingredient in this. Please keep to yourself please please please my future depends on this secret. Thanks.

Today we ordered home delivery from thaitogo.com.sg abd it was not a good experience. They delivered and collected $70.70 cents according to our order but after checking, found one packet of Pineapple Rice missing. Call them up and they said they will deliver. After 10 minutes, they call up again to tell us that the delivery will take another 45 minutes. WTF, why need to call up as it was already agreed.

They delivered 45 minutes later but the rice was very very oily and the oil was dripping so much from the container. The food was very salty and the Tom Yom more sour than any I had ever tasted. This was what we ordered:

1. 2 x small of Yum Talay Woon Sen (Glass Noodle Salad with Seafood)

2. 1 x Laab Gai (Traditional Thai Chicken Salad)

3. 3 x Everyone's Favourite Pineapple Rice

4. 1 x Thai Sambal Fried Rice with Chicken

5. 3 x Tom Yum Prawn

My family said this was not the same as their first time which was good. Anyway we will not bother ordering again.:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Johnny. Was hoping you can join us for the small gathering. Anyway, there's always opportunity. Guess next gathering location will be in BKK or CMX? Suggestions?

Here's my THB2 on doing business in LOS: Half the salary, half the rental, half the expense, half the effort BUT TWICE the profit.

Sorry I'll have to take a rain check. The last time I was in LOS was when there was a coup :biggrin:

I haven't been to LOS since then because of health reasons. I know you have to do lots of walking whether in BKK or Pattaya. This year I feel good enough to go travelling again.
However I was thinking of visiting Hatyai, after I visit KL. Haven't been there for 10+ years. Then I might go further north. I really want to take a look at Changmai.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand is good due to the cost of living that is relatively cheaper.. much cheaper if you compare to Sg standard.

You really do not have to worry about bills and expenses as much as in sg.. and i do really agree that life should be like this.. There is more in life than just paying bills..

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Care to give me the exact address for that bistro restaurant? would love to check it out.

Here you go buddy, http://www.wineiloveyou.com/

PM me where you come la, let me buy you a nice bottle of red at Wine I Love You.

The 'guan swee' and 'diao kwei' are missing.

Hey bro, don't get the mean leh, knn you in ROC too long already is it?

Sorry I'll have to take a rain check. The last time I was in LOS was when there was a coup :biggrin:

Wow buddy its been a long time then . . . anyway please allow me to welcome you back to Thailand. If you ever pass by Bangkok please let me and wife bring you to the best seafood in Bangkok (mostly locals go).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today we ordered home delivery from thaitogo.com.sg . . . . . Anyway we will not bother ordering again.:biggrin:

I hate it when businesses starts to compromise and inconsistency creeps in. I will spread among my contacts to avoid this thaitogo join. Thanks for the feedback.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hate it when businesses starts to compromise and inconsistency creeps in. I will spread among my contacts to avoid this thaitogo join. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't know about their business but maybe it is because of CNY. However there is no excuse for bad service and lousy food that is worse than what we get in kopitiams.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My family said this was not the same as their first time which was good. Anyway we will not bother ordering again.:biggrin:

These happen all the time even in Pattaya/LOS/SG. A lot depends on the chef/cooks. Sometimes, I get different taste of the same dish in the same restaurant. That's because it is prepare by different cooks. BTW, Thai food in Pattaya sucks! And the reason is because they cook it to satisfy foreigners' taste.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I haven't been to LOS since then because of health reasons. I know you have to do lots of walking whether in BKK or Pattaya. This year I feel good enough to go travelling again.
However I was thinking of visiting Hatyai, after I visit KL. Haven't been there for 10+ years. Then I might go further north. I really want to take a look at Changmai.
Take care, bro. Actually, BKK not really walking place. Most attractions are quite far from each other. Pattaya, maybe possible. I still drive/ride most of the time in Pattaya. A friend introduce me to cycling but I did not take up cycling. :p

You really do not have to worry about bills and expenses as much as in sg.. and i do really agree that life should be like this.. There is more in life than just paying bills..
No lah, still have to worry about bills and expenses even in LOS. The petrol price is almost same as SG. It's THB 40 for a litre of Benzine 91. One good thing is the food prices are quite low.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey bro, don't get the mean leh, knn you in ROC too long already is it?

I spoke in Hokkien lah.

The vege on top of the dish is 'guan swee' and the cucumber is 'diao kwei'.

Also don't forget your tomato slices.

hainanese-chicken-lg-691.jpg

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, still have to worry about bills and expenses even in LOS. The petrol price is almost same as SG. It's THB 40 for a litre of Benzine 91. One good thing is the food prices are quite low.

This will take care of your petrol:
250px-Toyota_Prius_III_20090710_front.JPG

And it's still cheaper than a Suzuki Swift in Singapore.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Take care, bro. Actually, BKK not really walking place. Most attractions are quite far from each other. Pattaya, maybe possible. I still drive/ride most of the time in Pattaya. A friend introduce me to cycling but I did not take up cycling. :p

You can cycle in Bangkok? There isn't even enough pavement to walk.. haha..

Well, if you drive.. yes.... if you are not driving , the expenses can go down quite a bit.