• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$4000 a month also want to complain!!!!

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans are really spoilt brats....$4000 a month and still want to complain!!! so what if you are a consultant! what hr consultant! what skill you got? no company..no business...no workers...no nothing...you got job or not? or start your own job...

and what is wrong with being a teacher? knn! don't know death!!!

HR people are the most useless and redundant people in any organisation. talk cock . last time no HR and things are better.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S$4000 a month is good for someone starting out :biggrin:

Agreed. Even starting out at 1k+ a month I more then 3 triple my pay within 5 years. 4K a month may sound like a lot but I guess most grads would be able to get to 4K within a couple of years. I actually got >3K before I even completed my part time degree. If I can do it, chances are, someone who already started out as a grad and have 16 yrs exp under him would be earning a lot more then that.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agreed. Even starting out at 1k+ a month I more then 3 triple my pay within 5 years. 4K a month may sound like a lot but I guess most grads would be able to get to 4K within a couple of years. I actually got >3K before I even completed my part time degree. If I can do it, chances are, someone who already started out as a grad and have 16 yrs exp under him would be earning a lot more then that.

4k is a lot? You got to be kidding.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do U even know how to read? I said I didn't say its a lot. In fact if you've actually bothered to read my post, you would have realized I that find 4K not high enough for someone with 15-16 yrs of experience

4K month is not alot, unless both husband and wife earn 4K each. BTW HDB cut off is 8K, so anything less than 8K are lesser mortals.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
4K month is not alot, unless both husband and wife earn 4K each. BTW HDB cut off is 8K, so anything less than 8K are lesser mortals.

When govt 8k is a cut off point, it means 8k is a beanchmark. i dun buy that.

I believe a benchmark is set by the individual. My benchmark is to earn a level that you can middle finger the govt and move to stay in the country of your choice.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U can middle finger the government and stay in many countries independent of how much U earn. In most cases its whether you are willing to earn and in some case make sacrifices like starting anew or taking a pay cut

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. yes, teaching is a passion to educate, enlighten and share.
2. and not a second choice or temporary shelter for pmets or anyone who is out of work.
3. in the event the situation picks up again, such grps shall move on to greener pasture again.
4. want more money, try being a doc!
5. coupled with those fts who are out of jobs now joining the teaching profession, i pity those kids under such tuitorship.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest with you $4000 no alot of $$$. My sales girls - 'O' levels only can earn more with sales commission.

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know lots of teacher visit the IMH ?
Just like me ??
Sometime they forget to take their medicine, and still able to teach ?
Just like me ??
Sometime they go crazy provoke by the student ?
Just like me ??

If you are ready to visit IMH, go ahead and join ...
Oop.. sorry for what I type above, I have to go to take my medicine now..

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
When govt 8k is a cut off point, it means 8k is a beanchmark. i dun buy that.

I believe a benchmark is set by the individual. My benchmark is to earn a level that you can middle finger the govt and move to stay in the country of your choice.

Sorry, when your salary is above a certain level, you no longer want to move out (unless it is to a place like Hong Kong) because you will realise that the government does let you keep most of your money.

E.g. if you earn $120k (post releifs) a year, you pay only $9,900 in income tax. Even if you spend 100% of the remainder money on GSTable items, it is only a further 7,200 in GST. Even if you pay another $10k in ARF/PARF/COE/Road Tax/Petrol Tax (and that is a BIG overestimattion), that still leaves you with nearly $95k left.

The percentages get better as your salary goes higher.

Many Europeans will tell you that if you make at least $80k, you will not want to be living in their welfare policied countries. At that point in time, it is to the robin hood governemnts that you will want to show the middle finger to.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me for being ignorant, what is the value of one peanut, these days?:biggrin:

This is pretty hard to define...it really depends on whether you are looking at it at a 'charitable point of view'..or simply viewing at 'as a patron'!:biggrin: