• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happen to the Sam coffeshop?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must have missed that. When I first came here about half a year ago, he did put up an avatar of his own picture, A bit small and dim lighting, but could tell his not a bad looking fellow. Anyway, that's his business. :wink:

he was using this famous guy's pic lah.

867xilige.jpg

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No not that one. A dimly lit room window backdrop, with him in dark suit and a back kempt hairstyle and one leg on lech, gangster style. I remember forummer Jixiaolan verified that he was the photographer.

Yes. I also saw the dim avater. Seems that he is awfully short !!:o:o

jw5

Loyal
No not that one. A dimly lit room window backdrop, with him in dark suit and a back kempt hairstyle and one leg on lech, gangster style. I remember forummer Jixiaolan verified that he was the photographer.
I remember that photo, apparently taken in Genting Highlands some more. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember that photo, apparently taken in Genting Highlands some more. :biggrin:

I understand Jixiaolan was police regular police with him too. That they went Genting together is nothing out of the ordinary. It all adds up. But to be fair, Jixiaolan is not very frequent poster, but very fair, reasonable and moderate when he posted. Sound very amicable and credible.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the dark, you can see anyone is handsome? You have great imagination.

Dark equals handsome man? Reminds me of an incident 20 years ago. Visited a lar sarp bar along Geylang. Very very dark. Sat near the door leading to toilet to get some light when door pushed open to 'bio' the gal.

Thought I very lucky. Rabba a 'pretty' charbor. Then jio her to hotel nearby, along Geylang Rd about 100 steps away from bar. Told my friend to book room for me. He came back passed me room key. Told charbor I go ahead first and she leave 2 minutes later. Was afraid of being spotted coz it was about 6pm.

Waited in room. Someone knocked on door. Opened the door and saw a charbor. Asked her who she was. Knna, was the one I jioed. She was not the same as the one I rabba in the bar. Had a hard time hormat. Didn't compete the job. She even asked me why I could not perform!

So, RT, you are right. In the dark, all men handsome, all gals chio.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see. Thanks for the info. I heard a summary something like that from Ramseth too. I was no Dephi veteran in old Sammyboy days. But navigating through Delphi in the past week, I think it's alright. Not as glossy as this (of course, it's free) but it's alright, servicing all basic purposes of forumming. I tried 3in1Koptiam @ Delphi too. It imposes moderation and waiting time for new forummers. That's why I started the new backup.

Good work on your part to create a backup.

3in1kopitiam degenerated because Kojak was not swift enough to remove spams and other very disruptive forummers. That was why his traffic fell very badly in 2009-2010.

Moderation is not an easy job. You've got to be quite ruthless at times to keep the trouble-makers at bay. Some people will not like it, but at the end of the day, if you get the traffic no one will complain.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup. I heard of the flame wars between LTB and 4Gang. I don't hold anything against them though.

LTB and Gang were children. Ill-mannered trolls, but could not bring down a forum by themselves.

The real trouble makers were the plethora of nicks who associated themselves with Wayang Party. Once the banning of nicks started, it was downhill for Sam's delphi forum. Leongsam saw the benefit immediately of moving house. I guess the trigger point was when credible nicks like Scroobal was also banned.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTB and Gang were children. Ill-mannered trolls, but could not bring down a forum by themselves.

The real trouble makers were the plethora of nicks who associated themselves with Wayang Party. Once the banning of nicks started, it was downhill for Sam's delphi forum. Leongsam saw the benefit immediately of moving house. I guess the trigger point was when credible nicks like Scroobal was also banned.
Sounds eerily similar to the Bahrain situation now. :eek:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm Scroobal was so influential that even a cynic like Sam Leong listened to his advice.

Leongsam actually floated the idea way back in 2006 or 2007. Just when the flame wars were about to intensify and the dirty behaviour from LTB's and Wayang Party's entourage got out of hand. Scroobal supported the move. He later made an effort to convince Leongsam to act fast when he found that the forum was falling apart.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam actually floated the idea way back in 2006 or 2007. Just when the flame wars were about to intensify and the dirty behaviour from LTB's and Wayang Party's entourage got out of hand. Scroobal supported the move. He later made an effort to convince Leongsam to act fast when he found that the forum was falling apart.
Leongsam's forum nearly went down because of adult links posted by spammers. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The funny thing about LTB is that he every day fuck CSJ this and that 24-7-365 but he don't have a political agenda against CSJ, those bullshits were aimed at his enemies who were SDP supporters.

Chee Soon Juan really damn Suai to get his reputation smeared here like this for nothing. :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Leongsam's forum nearly went down because of adult links posted by spammers. Correct me if I am wrong.

That is only a very small factor.

Adult links were famously posted by two nicks -- one was PMonkey10 who posted big breasts before the 2006 elections. He was later revealed to be associated to a prominent political website in Singapore.

Another was LTB who posted pictures of anuses. Delphi management actually logged in to see if something needed to be done about the forum.

But the more damaging nick was Robox who actually made a police report (or so he claimed) about threads that he regarded as being racist or discriminatory against Indians or homosexuals. I remember Leongsam was fucking mad.

It was banning of nicks and the dwindling traffic that convinced Leongsam to move house.