• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegetarian eating what is your views?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dun follow any cult , i just stumble upon that website few months ago and the environmental message that they sent is very true.

It had scientists to proof the fact that the earth is in danger now due to the massive green house emission from livestock rearing and undesirable human habits.

That is the method that they recommend to save the earth, is to reduce the demand of meat by turning veg plus all the green effort in it.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we eat meat of livestock, we become part of the cycle that contributes 80 million metric tons of methane per year into the atmosphere. Methane is one of the greenhouse gases and is 20 times better than carbon dioxide in trapping heat. Each of us can help lower the emissions by lowering the intake of livestock meat. Seafood, soy and veges will good enough for us. Toufu or tsunami? Pick one.

I agree with you bro on this. Lowering the intake but not by striking it off entirely. I remember there was this cartoon by Pixel which was on the Bee. The Bees think that they should not collect pollen, and in the end the greens in the world start dying.

So if everyone in this world stop eating meat, will the greens survive. It's a cycle effect where 1 thing affects the other.

The problem with most people when they say they want to lose weight, stay healthier adopt a healthier lifestyle, they say convert to vegetarian, this is not wrong, but they do not read up on what kind of veges is actually good and what is bad.

Eg, people say steer clear from oily food, but there is good fats and bad fats, trans fat, saturated fats. If oily food is bad, why do people eat fish oils?

Yes, you say eat soy, seafood, but I read before health forums where there were people who posted reports that says eating soy products too many is not good for health. seafood contains cholesterol, but there are also good and bad cholesterol.

So far up till what I read, at least you point out the methane part, but the rest of the "vegetables" here have done nothing much except to say i feel healthier, i can run longer distance, bullshit, you can do that even if you eat meat. Some vegetables are high in carbohydrates, and if one is in a sedentary lifestyle, eating too much vegetables with carbohydrates content can even get fat and heart failure one day.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
first of all, I would like to congratulate you tonychat for being a vegetarian. It means you are not a total arsehole.

I am working towards being a vegetarian eventually. I think my diet is almost 66% vegetarian leow.

secondly, I am not really surprised that you are a follower of some cult like suprememaster. It explains your weird views.

A vegetarian can also be an arsehole. :biggrin:
I have nothing against vegetarians, but its lame to just say eating vegetables is healthy. It is healthier than eating a pure meat diet for sure, but people who eat pure vegetables have to find a good source to replenish their protein levels.

Eating certain vegetables can improve a lifestyle but purely dependent on it can deprive a body of other nutrients and fibres. That is why one who wish to stick to a diet should really read up on what content the food has.

tonychat is weird not because he follows the cult suprememaster. It's in his genes. :o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you feel hungry all day

because i would, if i go vege

Whether you go vege or go meat, if you think you are hungry, you will be hungry. :biggrin:

Actually everyone should eat 5 small meals a day rather than eat 3 main meals.
When you eat, your metabolism in your body starts moving and in turn burns up the fuels in our body. When we see people who wants to lose weight and they start to not eat and diet, this is foolish. Because the metabolism rate goes down and the fuels in the body do not burn, and that is these dieters grow fat.

by eating 5 meals, the body is programmed to think and the metabolism makes your body burn fat 24 hours a day. If you can you can even start eating 6 or 7 small meals. or you eat 5 meals and snack in between. A good form of snack is nuts. To solve your hunger pangs and High in protein.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A vegetarian can also be an arsehole. :biggrin:
I have nothing against vegetarians, but its lame to just say eating vegetables is healthy. It is healthier than eating a pure meat diet for sure, but people who eat pure vegetables have to find a good source to replenish their protein levels.<-- a ToTAL MYTH... So sad there are people still holding such view, seem very primitive.

Eating certain vegetables can improve a lifestyle but purely dependent on it can deprive a body of other nutrients and fibres. That is why one who wish to stick to a diet should really read up on what content the food has.

tonychat is weird not because he follows the cult suprememaster. It's in his genes. :o

Now i know why sinkie has limited knowledge. Well, not everyone is created equal. Nature has its grace that there are pple who can learn and some reject nature's grace and embrace ego and not open to learning. Worse still for some who are so involved in their ego and go to the extend to act intelligent. What a terrible way to behave.

Well, good luck to sinkies..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now i know why sinkie has limited knowledge. Well, not everyone is created equal. Nature has its grace that there are pple who can learn and some reject nature's grace and embrace ego and not open to learning. Worse still for some who are so involved in their ego and go to the extend to act intelligent. What a terrible way to behave.

Well, good luck to sinkies..

I know, you do not have to feel sad that you are not created equal to others, but please don't feel ashamed of yourself. Though a lot of people have been comparing you to an animal, I never think of you as one of their kind, because putting you in their league will be tantamount to an insult to their species.

:p

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody has post this yet?

Easy%20Sunder%20Dinner%20Roast%20Chicken.jpg
oysters.jpg

chilli_crab

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If suprememastertv ask you to eat shit, don't tell me you goin to eat?
You reminded me of the recent ponzi scheme by Sunshine Empire where the followers are worshipping that James Phang as Lao Da. OMG:rolleyes:

Wow.. look at the way you talk.. that is what happen when a person received too much of a sinkie education, education is totally useless to you. Luckily i am not at your level or else i will be totally ashamed of myself.

Why not ask your master to create a tv too call the PAPmasterTV or LKYSupermeEmperorTV. All you sinkie losers can gather there. And also an excuse to dig in the reserve to start it.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you start bringing God into the picture? Do you mean to say all people who eat meat do not believe in God?

I did not bring God in. I was replying to Pia who asked for any other reason.

Originally Posted by pia
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows. Is there any reason why we shld stay away from meats other than compassion, and toxins, which may also be present in vegs?

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to correct some misconceptions on carbohydrates and vegetables. Many vegetables are low carb. The high carbo ones are the starchy ones like potato, sweet potato, yam etc. There's a whole range of low carb veges: Asparagus, green beans, yellow and wax beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage,cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, leafy greens like spinach and lettuce, sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, radishes, and tomatoes. So don't be too put off by carbos in veges.

When I mentioned seafood perhaps I should have been more specific by saying eat more fish. As for soy there're always industrial sponsors who want scientists to sway the opinions of the public. We Asians have been consuming soy products for a looong time. If you want to listen to countries with scary obesity problems, that's your call. All I can say is everything done in moderation is good. Livestock meat is undeniable a part of our natural diet, what we can do is to eat less of it. Although things like steak, french fries, fast food. Well they are not part of the Asian diet.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to correct some misconceptions on carbohydrates and vegetables. Many vegetables are low carb. The high carbo ones are the starchy ones like potato, sweet potato, yam etc. There's a whole range of low carb veges: Asparagus, green beans, yellow and wax beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage,cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, leafy greens like spinach and lettuce, sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, radishes, and tomatoes. So don't be too put off by carbos in veges.

When I mentioned seafood perhaps I should have been more specific by saying eat more fish. As for soy there're always industrial sponsors who want scientists to sway the opinions of the public. We Asians have been consuming soy products for a looong time. If you want to listen to countries with scary obesity problems, that's your call. All I can say is everything done in moderation is good. Livestock meat is undeniable a part of our natural diet, what we can do is to eat less of it. Although things like steak, french fries, fast food. Well they are not part of the Asian diet.

This is what I called enlightening.

Different food have different nutrients, fibres, etc for the human body. So far the people in this thread who advocate for vegetarian eating have not been pointing as to what is in the veges they eat to justify that converting to vegetarian is the right way.
As for saving nature reason, I wouldn't be acting so holy to justify what I eat.

The part on vegetables low in carbo, there are people who switched their diets to pure vegetarian and yet they put on weight, this could partly due to like what 1 nick has said, he felt hungrier and these people start to eat more rice to feel fuller. Don't eat meat, eat vege and have more rice to feel fuller.

This can indulge in a spike in carbohydrates in the body which in turn if the person holds a deskbound job, the carbos can be converted to fats easily and fast.

We see a lot of people in the fitness, nuitrition regime, they lift weights, eat proteins, lots of it, their body fat is very low. Also with more muscles on the body, their metabolism rate is higher. Spec of health is excellent. That is why its not what you do, but its what you eat. I have nothing against vegetarians, but I just find it funny why do vegetarians have to prove that eating meat is lousy to justify their eating vegetables is correct.

To summarise, having a balanced diet is the most important.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
YOu want knowledge then go and research it yourself, Sinkie mindset of expecting people to provide you with answers all the time. No wonder your knowledge are so limited.

First world people will discuss the manner in a proper manner and will not out of sudden expect an answer to be spoonfed. Sinkie is always a sinkie, not world class quality and still want to best of things and even worse , to expect others to spoonfed it to them.

No wonder sinkieland has to act first world rather than be a real first world.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is not really enlightening but a way of some justification of people who cannot accept the fact that veggie diet is the only way for planet salvage and health benefit.

I do expect a sinkie to behave this way as their PAP master who only want to listen to the things that they expect to listen and cannot accept the truth.

Deep sea fishing has cause many dead zone in the sea and ecosystem balance has been disturbed. Just like useless land that cannot grow crops.

Livestock meat is unnatural and if that is so natural why the planet is falling apart because of livestock breeding. If meat eating is so natural , why pple are dying of heart disease and cancer from it.

Natural means good for other and yourself but i do not see any benefit from meat eating, just some egoistic sinkie crying out nonsense without much sustainable fact. The only thing natural i see is plant-based diet as i have experience and seldom need to visit doctor. That is call natural.

If meat eating is so natural , why animals have to cry with tears in their eye and struggle when they get slaughter in the slaughter house.

Moderation to you but animals has to die just because of that moderation that still consist of meat in your plate. Human has no right to eat the meat of other beings and animals have the right to their lives as much as you humans do.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
YOu call this natural?

<embed src="http://www.goveg.com/swf/255-mym.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="255" height="195" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAU9DD24uUk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAU9DD24uUk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If this is natural why people are shock when learn about it.

http://www.8bm.com/diatribes/volume01/011/223.htm

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moderation to you but animals has to die just because of that moderation that still consist of meat in your plate. Human has no right to eat the meat of other beings and animals have the right to their lives as much as you humans do.

I believe in the nature cycle of life. People kill each other. Animals will Kill each other. Life goes on because of this. We shouldn't question or disturb life nature cycle of life.

If I put you together with a tiger. It's almost a certainly that the tiger will kill and eat you up even if you meant no harm. This is life, survival of the fittest. The stronger will defeat the weaker. The stronger ( Tiger ) will have the weaker ( a human ) for food in this case.

Animals eat each other for food. Why shouldn't we eat them? In the big wide ocean, fishes big or small simply slaughter, kill each other for food. They die, their dead bodies decompose on the sea soil and became fertilizers for the sea plants. Without the killing, the sea plants will die.
It's all part of life cycle. Don't disturb that cycle.

Similarly humans killing and eating animals is part of life natural cycle.
Everything in life is linked together by one big web chain. Don't upset that balance of power.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Try putting me together with an elephant, i can drink sugar cane juice and the elephant can have my share. Elephant is stronger and bigger mah, the tiger also dun dare to go near it. You dun see the elephant eat the tiger just because it is bigger.

Killing cycle is for animals , You seems to downgrade humans to be animal, Human has higher senses to see what is right and wrong if those humans knows how to use it. Many humans now are aware of it, it is just that some are aware of it faster.

Dun compare human with animals, compare human with humans, I mean you dun compare yourself with god, right?

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Killing cycle is for animals , You seems to downgrade humans to be animal, Human has higher senses to see what is right and wrong if those humans knows how to use it. Many humans now are aware of it, it is just that some are aware of it faster.

Killing cycle is part of life natural cycle, sad but true.

Back to vegetarian eating. It's good for health but you need the right balances of diet. I seen my mother who was a vegetarian for years cook her meals. She cooked quite a lot of things. She alway told me that it's not only green vegetables. you need some beans, carrots, potatoes and many more.

btw, 素食 can eat eggs. But if you eat ( that term in chinese I don't know how to write ) you don't eat eggs.