• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegetarian eating what is your views?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No i don't. My stomach dun produce too much acid in order to clean the veggies.

It takes time for your body to get used to it. If you are willing to try out a plant based diet, Make a gradual change rather than do a cold-turkey to let your body get used to it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
some serious questions:

1. Any improvements in health have u observed after 7 years?
2. I would hv agreed on veg as healthy staple in days of old. Today, with so many chemicals in our veges, is turning veg really better? Unless u'r into organics.
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows. Is there any reason why we shld stay away from meats other than compassion, and toxins, which may also be present in vegs?

I think this site here answers all your questions:

http://www.ourultimatereality.com/vegetarian-diet-and-the-bible.html

The bible:

Genesis 1.29: God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.

Genesis 9.4: But flesh with its life, its blood, you shall not eat.

Your God say one, i didn't say that.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the purpose of Vegetarian eating? For health reasons? Then I believe many people do not do proper reading up.

Veges consist of different forms and some may content high carbohydrate content. Then let me ask is high carbohydrate good?
Different people need different type of food. Not say you convert to a vegetarian means you are going to be very very healthy.

Talking about fruits. Does anyone know for people on diet, fruits should actually not be taken due to high sugar in it. Plus certain fruits are high in carbohydrates and these will add to your calorie intake.

Vegetarian or Meat is the same if one does not look at nuitrition. vegetables more nutritious than meat, who say so? Balanced diet is most important. :cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vegetarian diet represent a diet that usually people who has a higher awareness ability will adopt. They understand that killing of animals for the human consumption is never right.

But of course, there are people who are ignorant and does not know anything at all and still try to act intelligent and pass on as someone who knows a lot. Be humble and so you will learn.

Instead of asking question, a fool will always think he is right. Well, not all people are of the same quality level.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows. Is there any reason why we shld stay away from meats other than compassion, and toxins, which may also be present in vegs?

The first couple Adam and Eve were vegetarians.

If you believe in God as your creator, then you should lay off meat. God made us, our teeth for grinding and chewing. Not tearing. God did not create man to survive on meat.

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first couple Adam and Eve were vegetarians.

If you believe in God as your creator, then you should lay off meat. God made us, our teeth for grinding and chewing. Not tearing. God did not create man to survive on meat.

Why do you start bringing God into the picture? Do you mean to say all people who eat meat do not believe in God?

loeggusder

Alfrescian
Loyal
I run better in long distance, i seldom visit doctors. Non for any sickness except for some rare external problem like cuts or eye irritations. That happen once in a blue moon. Nothing related to fever or colds. I save a lot on medical fees per year.I can work longer hours and have stamina.

It is always one of the reason that non-vegetarians talk about chemicals on veggies that justify their conscience in meat-eating. There isn't any conscience in meat eating at all. Yes, for people who are into it, organics is the way.

But if you compare to eating plants that are non-organic and compare to meat eating that involves the action of killing animals, plant eating is a more humane diet.

Look into your bible, there is a phrase where god says that all herbs and plants are for consumption. Your god didn't say anything about meat-eating for humans.

a longer intestine simply means that we can digest both meat and veges efficiently. How about our canines? Besides I thought that it was the other way around. That 'hard' meat required a longer time and 'softer' veggies required a shorter time for digestion.
And the machinery sure is developed for digesting hard meat. Acidic stomach, bilious juice etc etc.

Last edited:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vegetarian diet represent a diet that usually people who has a higher awareness ability will adopt. They understand that killing of animals for the human consumption is never right.

But of course, there are people who are ignorant and does not know anything at all and still try to act intelligent and pass on as someone who knows a lot. Be humble and so you will learn.

Instead of asking question, a fool will always think he is right. Well, not all people are of the same quality level.

yes bro, silver fox and scrobal r two of the fuckers who try to act intelligent. anyway i was once a meat eater, surround my friends majority meat eaters, but they jolly well know it is not correct to eat meat regardest of health or moral issue, they simply admit they eat meat just because the taste is good(after heavy cooked) and not ready to give up. unlike some of the fuckers not admitting their urge but give all sort of excuses, just like those jackasses pappies!

those fuckers also like to link vegetarian diet with religion, vegetarian applied to everyone, no link to religion. everybody can be a vegetarian for the sake of better environment, the video made by vegetarian society had clear cut explain everything. anyway the choice is individual.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes bro, silver fox and scrobal r two of the fuckers who try to act intelligent. anyway i was once a meat eater, surround my friends majority meat eaters, but they jolly well know it is not correct to eat meat regardest of health or moral issue, they simply admit they eat meat just because the taste is good(after heavy cooked) and not ready to give up. unlike some of the fuckers not admitting their urge but give all sort of excuses, just like those jackasses pappies!

those fuckers also like to link vegetarian diet with religion, vegetarian applied to everyone, no link to religion. everybody can be a vegetarian for the sake of better environment, the video made by vegetarian society had clear cut explain everything. anyway the choice is individual.

i eat meat and vegetable. I seriously think vegetarians like you have a problem of acting saint and thinking you are 1 up among the rest who eat meat.
If you really want to start talk about sake of better environment, please stop talking. Have you been saving the earth, not driving, not using plastic bags?? You might as well don't cook your vegetables and just eat them raw. Like that 100% save the earth.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
i eat meat and vegetable. I seriously think vegetarians like you have a problem of acting saint and thinking you are 1 up among the rest who eat meat.
If you really want to start talk about sake of better environment, please stop talking. Have you been saving the earth, not driving, not using plastic bags?? You might as well don't cook your vegetables and just eat them raw. Like that 100% save the earth.

ur reply show u how shallow u r, typical pap behaviour.:cool:

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we eat meat of livestock, we become part of the cycle that contributes 80 million metric tons of methane per year into the atmosphere. Methane is one of the greenhouse gases and is 20 times better than carbon dioxide in trapping heat. Each of us can help lower the emissions by lowering the intake of livestock meat. Seafood, soy and veges will good enough for us. Toufu or tsunami? Pick one.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh no, tonychat, when did you login with this nick? :rolleyes:

typical like to sinkie here sinkie there, maybe eat too much vegetables the root of your sickness?:(

look how shallow u r, talk load of nonsense, oh ya this is typical pappies behaviour.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes i went totally vege for one year- and I put on so much weight man. I was eating cheese everyday

not everyone can be vege, now when i go out and eat, i seperate out the meat and vega, and then eat all the meat and throw away the vega.

so i do not think i can be vege.

do you know in the past, when ape start to walk upright when they go down from tree. they are some who are vege, some are meat eater.

well you all know, the meat eater survive up to today, and the vege die out.

ditto.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This post is not to pick a fight or to claim moral high ground, just to share some of my thought processes.

To begin, I am not vegetarian - in fact, I partake in most meats. I think the issue of whether or not to eat meat is severalfold.

Moral Concerns
  • Consumption of meat requires the killing of a sentient being which results in pain and suffering
  • Consumption of meat is less efficient than of grains and thus speeds up climate change

Both concerns result from a current understanding of reality and habits. For example, if you avoided meat so as to prevent suffering, what would you do if you found out that plants release a stress / fear hormone similar to cortisol in animals when they are cut up or uprooted? What is your stand on animals with no apparent central nervous systems like the sea cucumber?

Also, how would deal with food like the cordycep which really a larvae which has been consumed by a fungus. And indeed would you treat fungus, which processes food like animals but which is usually stationery like plants, as a vegetable?

If the climate changing aspect of meat consumption bothers you, would the consumption of say kangaroos assuage your conscience. Kangaroos are after all 'pests' whose farts contain very little methane. Indeed, how would moral vegetarians react if they knew that increased grain consumption results in the clearing of more land which in turn results in having to kill off more pests (kangaroos, rabbits, snakes, rodents), etc.

Health Concerns
I think that over-consumption of meat is clearly bad for health and I have tried to maintain a level of meat consumption commensurate with the physical circumstances I am in. But I also think that it is unhealthy to avoid readily digestible sources of protein, and to vegans, calcium.

Second, a few words about the long vs short intestines argument. Our 'longer' intestines are often cited as a reason why meat is not good for us. Even if I accepted the argument that meat stays much longer in our digestive system than among other carnivores, the often forgotten fact is that the meat we eat is usually cooked (or at least treated) and would therefore behave differently from those that travel through the gut of other carnivores.

So, to those who have chosen the vegetarian / vegan path, I genuinely applaud your decision, but you might want to look at the assumptions that led to your choice.

I have been a vegetarian for 7 years and turn vegan recently.

There are so many myth regarding vegetarianism and staying away form meat-eating. I have been away from meat eating for nearly a decade, will do a decade celebration when i reach that.

Please ask any questions on that if you have any.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the climate changing aspect of meat consumption bothers you, would the consumption of say kangaroos assuage your conscience. Kangaroos are after all 'pests' whose farts contain very little methane. Indeed, how would moral vegetarians react if they knew that increased grain consumption results in the clearing of more land which in turn results in having to kill off more pests (kangaroos, rabbits, snakes, rodents), etc.

I would like to touch on this point. The clearing of lands for the growing of crops, the most of it is to feel the animal livestock, if these food are used to feed humans, the world hunger problem is solved.

Methane is produce from the waste of the billion of livestock that is reared and killed. It is much more than the produced by all the transportation of the world combined.

That is why if the majority of the human race can turn veggie for the sake of the environment, the green house gases emission will be reduced and the earth would be saved and repair itself. Only 3 years left for the ice caps to be completely melted if the current green house emission is still maintained.

Sea level will rise and sink many lands ( currently 19 island has sank under the sea, 6 m underwater another 2000 island on the line).

Methane are said to be absorbed in the sea water and ice cap as well. Due to the world temp rises, seawater evaporate rate goes up and methane in it will be release into the air in massive amount killing humans.

Killing begets killing. Please avoid supporting the demand of meat as a way to discourage animal livestock rearing and also leads to the avoidance of killing.

This is the way to reduce the killing karma of the world so that the planet will be saved.

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
first of all, I would like to congratulate you tonychat for being a vegetarian. It means you are not a total arsehole.

I am working towards being a vegetarian eventually. I think my diet is almost 66% vegetarian leow.

secondly, I am not really surprised that you are a follower of some cult like suprememaster. It explains your weird views.