• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL Kicks Out GMS

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the reason why I used the word community. I know the scene. You will enjoy the work. Food for the soul and you will be a better person for it. I will give you 1 year to realise that the vast majority are economic refugees and cannot qualify. But it is best handled by NGOs who have passionate about these things.

By the way, thanks for leaving us with TKL.

This organization is a pretty new setup and I do not think that the person you mentioned has worked in this organization before. Unfortunately, I may have to start work soon if they confirm my application.

Goh Meng Seng

jw5

Loyal
Well, it has never crossed my mine, I just choose the one I feel most suitable for me... To some extend, I don't think there would be some "political" NGO in Singapore which could be well funded to have such a setup here in Singapore. This is partly due to the fact that PAP disallows political organizations to receive foreign funding. Most political NGOs in Singapore are working on part time volunteering basis.

Goh Meng Seng

Bro GMS, u know why I asked that question right? Not I say one hor, read my earlier post. :o

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours whatever they may be. We may not know each other personally, but over time in this forum and the delphi predecessor, you have shown yourself to be a straightforward and honest person who says what he thinks and tries to do his best for Singapore as an opposition politician.

You deserve a break from politics and more time with your family, that's for sure. Hope to see you back in SG again and keep in contact via this forum. :smile:

And hope also that you can see when there is an "angle" and when there isn't. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thats the reason why I used the word community. I know the scene. You will enjoy the work. Food for the soul and you will be a better person for it. I will give you 1 year to realise that the vast majority are economic refugees and cannot qualify. But it is best handled by NGOs who have passionate about these things.

By the way, thanks for leaving us with TKL.

Well, there will be more economic refugees in the coming decades due to climate change. Most of our parents or grandparents were either economic refugees or political refugees or war refugees in the past. Imagine if they were not given the opportunity to reset their lives, resettle and relive their lives in Singapore, Malaysia or Hong Kong, we won't be what we are today.

I know you have your biasness against TKL, Scroobal but take a step back. It has never been easy to persuade good people to step into opposition politics as a means of public service. I have tried for the past decades with very few success. It is even MORE DIFFICULT to convince one of those 300 or 1000 people who qualified to be Presidential candidate to step forward to stand as a "non-PAP endorse" candidates, for fear of all backlash and such. The last one who dare to step out of line was quickly smeared and thrashed!

Those 1000 people who can qualify as Presidential candidates aren't saints either. I think you can find more dirt in them than anyone else.

TKL isn't a bad candidate after all, though he may not be the perfect saint we are deluded to look for. To be able to stand up and be counted as independent candidate from the ruling party is the most important criteria which I am looking for. TKL is the best among the three, IMHO.

Goh Meng Seng

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL isn't a bad candidate after all, though he may not be the perfect saint we are deluded to look for. To be able to stand up and be counted as independent candidate from the ruling party is the most important criteria which I am looking for. TKL is the best among the three, IMHO.

Goh Meng Seng

Sir, if you truly believe that TKL is the best of the three, why then are you dumping him now? You are a bit contradictory. Jobs can wait three months. Even if this is the job that you want, they will wait for you if you are the man!

But EP is only once in 6 years. Come the next election, TKL may be too old to run. What talking you, GMS?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err, there are a lot other people losing this elections you... to be exact 84 of them. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Not the 84, you!, where eyes were on you & the hope was on you! that is when you lose you lose alone, nobody remembers a loser, that is life. But one does not expect to win all the time. What have you done & left behind that had an indelible mark on people's mind? of course not the juiscy stuff for the tabloids, but something that people can reflect back & say, even he loses , we remember him.
'when you lose, you lose alone'!

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought you like to know. The community that you will be involved in HK that works with refugees has long links with with Singapore. One of the "marxist" chaps went to work there for couple of years before migrating to Aus. You probably know this.

What's the name of that NGO?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are really contradicting yourself actually. You are the one who keep remembering me, you know! :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Not the 84, you!, where eyes were on you & the hope was on you! that is when you lose you lose alone, nobody remembers a loser, that is life. But one does not expect to win all the time. What have you done & left behind that had an indelible mark on people's mind? of course not the juiscy stuff for the tabloids, but something that people can reflect back & say, even he loses , we remember him.
'when you lose, you lose alone'!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, TKL has a good team of people helping him out at the moment. I am still supporting him wherever I am, just that I won't be able to be physically present during the campaigning. It might be good for him as well, not to be seen as "opposition endorsed" candidate, so to speak.

Goh Meng Seng

Sir, if you truly believe that TKL is the best of the three, why then are you dumping him now? You are a bit contradictory. Jobs can wait three months. Even if this is the job that you want, they will wait for you if you are the man!

But EP is only once in 6 years. Come the next election, TKL may be too old to run. What talking you, GMS?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are really contradicting yourself actually. You are the one who keep remembering me, you know! :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

I keep remembering you is when you have a presence here & make reply. When i go to bed, i don't & tomorrow, there is no recollection, now I am going to bed.:biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, TKL has a good team of people helping him out at the moment. I am still supporting him wherever I am, just that I won't be able to be physically present during the campaigning. It might be good for him as well, not to be seen as "opposition endorsed" candidate, so to speak.

Ah ha...just as what I've guessed, TKL has enough people and doesn't need you anymore. :rolleyes:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, TKL is at least smart enough to kick GMS out.
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2011/07/message-from-goh-meng-seng.html

Perhaps TKL realised that GMS is not committed to change as he has not donated to TKL yet? Recall TKL "SHOW ME YOUR MONEY":

2011 Jun 30: TKL believes Singaporeans are just waiting for others to donate, views the fundraising as an indicator of Singaporeans' "commitment" to change. He urged, "If you want to make a change you must be prepared to step forward with your time, with your money and with your commitment."
source: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....sing-with-Intimidation&highlight=intimidation

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps TKL realised that GMS is not committed to change as he has not donated to TKL yet? Recall TKL "SHOW ME YOUR MONEY":

2011 Jun 30: TKL believes Singaporeans are just waiting for others to donate, views the fundraising as an indicator of Singaporeans' "commitment" to change. He urged, "If you want to make a change you must be prepared to step forward with your time, with your money and with your commitment."
source: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....sing-with-Intimidation&highlight=intimidation

Singapore electoral politics are nothing like all the US unlimited multi-billion campaigning donation and spending for crying out loud. There's a a limit expressly stated in $X per voter. For nationwide presidential election, I think it's about half a million per candidate.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who spent his career in NTUC and enjoyed it's benefits in exchange for political loyalty cannot just walk away after retirement. He has blood on his hands. Even TT and TCB had their own source if income and were a success in their field.

If he was truly a changed man he would have stood as an opposition candidate in the recent GE. The President's office does not do anything. He is clearly an egomaniac.

I know you have your biasness against TKL, Scroobal but take a step back. It has never been easy to persuade good people to step into opposition politics as a means of public service. I have tried for the past decades with very few success. It is even MORE DIFFICULT to convince one of those 300 or 1000 people who qualified to be Presidential candidate to step forward to stand as a "non-PAP endorse" candidates, for fear of all backlash and such. The last one who dare to step out of line was quickly smeared and thrashed!

Goh Meng Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who spent his career in NTUC and enjoyed it's benefits in exchange for political loyalty cannot just walk away after retirement. He has blood on his hands. Even TT and TCB had their own source if income and were a success in their field.

If he was truly a changed man he would have stood as an opposition candidate in the recent GE. The President's office does not do anything. He is clearly an egomaniac.

They all have 'blood on their hands', need only to count their ways. A similar content in three different pakaging.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well there is one of the 3 that managed to convinced the gullible and the ignorant that the President's office allows him to make a difference executive wise.

One clown here actually read the constitution and still thinks he has power. So to allow him to sleep nights I said that an SC agreed with him.

TKL is either a meglomanic or smart enough to know that there more idiots who can tell the difference between all 3. Note his constant claim that he is independent.

Take GMS for example. Familiar with politics and still cannot work it out.

Ever wonder why TT and TCB did not make such claims? They are no angels.

They all have 'blood on their hands', need only to count their ways. A similar content in three different pakaging.