• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL Kicks Out GMS

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter what, I think TKL is not politically smarter than him! The only parallel to TKL I can think of is Kenneth Jeya. Both should be twins of each other.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter what, I think TKL is not politically smarter than him! The only parallel to TKL I can think of is Kenneth Jeya. Both should be twins of each other.

Massive ego trip coming up.

Nothing TKL does will impress me. And i dun know why people are so at awe with a ego-manic bully.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS going to HK to work for NGO? Whatever happened to his computer shop business at AMK? Seems like he has lost EVERYTHING! :eek:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has already decide to take a hiatus and spoken about it here. Give the man a break after 10 years of politics. I agree that there is nothing much he can do for the next 2 years as the next elections is 5 years away. Why not spend time with the family and to reflect? He said he will be back after the break.

jw5

Loyal
GMS thanked Mrs Tan for supporting TKL. Hahahaha.............
What did he expect her to do? Not support him? :biggrin:

TKL's comment was even more funny, esepecially the last sentence.
He was saddened that a politician on a non pap ticket had to go overseas to work because of the lack of opportunities in SG.

I think we know what he's getting at (we always know) but did he not know that GMS was (and probably still is) the owner of a computer retail business in SG? And that he probably went to HK to spend more time with his family?
Even if you want to create an angle, at least get the context right.
This advice is free.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS thanked Mrs Tan for supporting TKL. Hahahaha.............
What did he expect her to do? Not support him? :biggrin:

TKL's comment was even more funny, esepecially the last sentence.
He was saddened that a politician on a non pap ticket had to go overseas to work because of the lack of opportunities in SG.

I think we know what he's getting at (we always know) but did he not know that GMS was (and probably still is) the owner of a computer retail business in SG? And that he probably went to HK to spend more time with his family?
Even if you want to create an angle, at least get the context right.
This advice is free.

Haha...I agree there were a lot of platitudes. I pat your back and you pat mine. Lots of the good feel but no substance.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's most likely that GMS got left out in the cold from the top circle of campaign advisers. To save face, he invented some NGO job offering in HK since he's the type who wants to be Indian chief or nothing (refer to his political history at WP and NSP). August is PE month and suddenly in July he got an urgent job abroad? My reading is that, GMS is threatening to withdraw help totally unless TKL persuades him to stay by offering a higher role. TKL basically responded with "up yours" by blasting the email on his blog.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha, it is just too bad that you didn't become Mediacorp's drama script writer! LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

It's most likely that GMS got left out in the cold from the top circle of campaign advisers. To save face, he invented some NGO job offering in HK since he's the type who wants to be Indian chief or nothing (refer to his political history at WP and NSP). August is PE month and suddenly in July he got an urgent job abroad? My reading is that, GMS is threatening to withdraw help totally unless TKL persuades him to stay by offering a higher role. TKL basically responded with "up yours" by blasting the email on his blog.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought you like to know. The community that you will be involved in HK that works with refugees has long links with with Singapore. One of the "marxist" chaps went to work there for couple of years before migrating to Aus. You probably know this.

Haha, it is just too bad that you didn't become Mediacorp's drama script writer! LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thought you like to know. The community that you will be involved in HK that works with refugees has long links with with Singapore. One of the "marxist" chaps went to work there for couple of years before migrating to Aus. You probably know this.

Scroobal,

It is a passion that dies hard. I think my political mission here in Singapore has more or less accomplished and I feel that I should not let the experiences I have accumulated so far to go to waste. That is why I have chosen to look for an NGO of some kind to work for.

It so happens that I read about this organization's job advertisement in Hong Kong. Such opportunities don't come easily. This organization is a pretty new setup and I do not think that the person you mentioned has worked in this organization before. Unfortunately, I may have to start work soon if they confirm my application.

Goh Meng Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal,

It is a passion that dies hard. I think my political mission here in Singapore has more or less accomplished and I feel that I should not let the experiences I have accumulated so far to go to waste. That is why I have chosen to look for an NGO of some kind to work for.

It so happens that I read about this organization's job advertisement in Hong Kong. Such opportunities don't come easily. This organization is a pretty new setup and I do not think that the person you mentioned has worked in this organization before. Unfortunately, I may have to start work soon if they confirm my application.

Goh Meng Seng

When I was much younger I learnt a line from a song sung by Rita Coolidge in one of her solo album, "everybody loves a winner, when you lose, you lose alone".

jw5

Loyal
It so happens that I read about this organization's job advertisement in Hong Kong. Such opportunities don't come easily.

Goh Meng Seng

Aha! But did you apply for this due to a lack of opportunities in SG for politicians on a non pap ticket?
That is the question...................

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When I was much younger I learnt a line from a song sung by Rita Coolidge in one of her solo album, "everybody loves a winner, when you lose, you lose alone".

Err, there are a lot other people losing this elections you... to be exact 84 of them. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Aha! But did you apply for this due to a lack of opportunities in SG for politicians on a non pap ticket?
That is the question...................

Well, it has never crossed my mine, I just choose the one I feel most suitable for me... To some extend, I don't think there would be some "political" NGO in Singapore which could be well funded to have such a setup here in Singapore. This is partly due to the fact that PAP disallows political organizations to receive foreign funding. Most political NGOs in Singapore are working on part time volunteering basis.

Goh Meng Seng