• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just after she reached her orgasm, someone knocked on my car door to warn me that smoke was coming out of the bonnet.

in fact I wanted to knock much earlier on but saw you two so engrossed in your activity so I waited a while la

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, uncLe Koh; what's your age now ?..

I am still young.
Don't want our chabor forummers who may be interested in me to think that I am an "Ah Lau"
Be a detective yourself and make enquiries about the old movies, Pigeon cigs at 90 cents, etc....
You will then come to know how "young at heart" I still am.
Please don't tell the other sweet gals on our Forum, ok. Paiseh leh...
Mai ka lang kong, hor...
Have a good day. Fishypie.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, Chico & CharLie; their 1st outLet was at Liat Towers, was it ?..

Yes at Liat Towers, never heard that it ever "ponded" way back then..used to sit at the MacDonald's there, with a cup of Strawberry milkshakes and watch the girls go by!!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also previously chocolate consider a luxury. will only buy during CNY. A tin of Van Houtan Chocolate was a must have at CNY.

Oh, that was my favourite stuff then but had no money to buy even the small pack at 25 cents.

Used to wait for special occassion like New Years, etc... so as to be able to get some.

Besides, Cadbury and Van Houten, there was WINDMOELLEN chocolate.

Don't seems to have it anymore.

Anyway, docs have advised me not to partake chocolate but sometimes I curi curi makan oso.

That is life yaah. A little of anything is OK.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes at Liat Towers, never heard that it ever "ponded" way back then..used to sit at the MacDonald's there, with a cup of Strawberry milkshakes and watch the girls go by!!
Those were the carefree days..and that's was me too.:smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wahlaneh! Someone better tap his knowledge asap. Alternatively, let's encourage him to write a book - The Singapore We Never Read About?
Maybe I should jio him to go on sabbatical to jointly author something for the nation. With Charlie in Toronto and Niagara Falls not too far away, location should provide us the inspiration eh? In Charlie, we trust.

Sir,
I am able, willing and ready to work with all of you to write the book.
I am in my 50's, and grew up in Telok Blangah, Kampung Jagoh, and Kampong Radin Mas (near the foot of Mt Faber).
Those were the good days, although we grew up financially poor.
Cheers.
Charlie in Toronto

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now that i think about it, it the cool fresh air every morning that i miss the most. Now the air quality really bad, especially when indon start forest fire again.:mad:

I am not any geologist or climatologist.
I am just an ordinary person like you good people.
Like you, I too have experienced those days and remember the bearable temperatures even during mid-day.
The mornings that broke cool and crispy.
When water in the brooks were cold to the touch.
When poor mum had to wake us up and we would beg for another minute and then another until we hear her scream.
Having had breakfast we walked to school with only 5 cents each for recess. Still shivering.
Air-cons were unheard of during those comfy days when Nature was by our side.
Why the weather is so different today?
Originality is slowly dying and in its place is coming everything Unnatural.
Our Garden city is not meant for 6 million population which is still increasing.
So many flats and so many people still coming to our shores where they are given PRs instead of disembarkation cards.
In such a crowded environment we are staying
Concrete jungle and what not.
Forget about those good old days when the temperature was right and we could even see mist in kampongs.
Be happy by just recalling the misty breadth that we breathed out then early in the morning.
Can happen again provided we make the population less then 3 million and stop creating unnatural Gardens By The Bay.
It is in our hands.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
green spot

This sparkling orange drink came in a small bottle and a Green cap.

Product of Amoycan or Amoy Canning Corporation.

Factory was somewhere at 7 milestone Bukit Timah Road. Site of present Bukit Timah Plaza.

It was a drink that was offered at almost all Chinese funeral wakes.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same here bro. Parents always promise to buy if you score this mark in test and exam, but always bluff one. In the end, never get a piece of shit even.

Please don't blame your parents.

Poverty was something that affected all of them

Many worries in their inds then.

All they wanted was to see the kids grow up as educated people and

Hence able to get of of the vicious poverty cycle.

A

AKQJ10

Train Ride To Tanjong Pagar Railway Station

<IFRAME height=500 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1wcZn1QD3ws" frameBorder=0 width=900 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okto

Foodage+Reminder+1.jpg

Well, just now ... at 10 pm Okto was showing Foodage of stuff in the 70s where films and photos of the past in colour. You can still catch one at the next stop - the 80s.

[video=youtube;mEaBNdqNNLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEaBNdqNNLM[/video]