• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Discussion(No TCSS) - FTs, Whats Your Take On Them

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've asked this question in many threads and got no satisfactory reply. The question is "What is Singapore culture?".

Many keep harping that foreigners are welcome provided they "adopt singapore culture". What exactly are they supposed to emulate?

Yes, I agree that a thread "What Is Singapore Culture?" should be open and discussed too. Let me start one then.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
culture kind of means : the way things are practised and done. So Sinkie culture means ...the way sinkies think and the things they do/dont do in sinkiepoor.

Some items comprising sinkie culture

1) people screw you up.....dont say anything but later complain on Stomp ...so if FTs get screwed by locals they should similarly clam up.

Hey BosSam...this is the only trait i could think of

Mebbe others may want to add

I've asked this question in many threads and got no satisfactory reply. The question is "What is Singapore culture?".

Many keep harping that foreigners are welcome provided they "adopt singapore culture". What exactly are they supposed to emulate?

getsmart101

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi there

1. sammy, there is no sinkie culture.
2. every damn thing here is steal, borrowed or what.
3. but there is something very special here: daft sheep! kiasu, kaisee!

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, thanks for all the wonderful input. Even though there are a difference on the view of many people, I appreciates the thoughtful comments. This forum is capable of having a good debate. The surprising thing is, while this thread is running, those who had been making noise that the forum is only capable of streaming out nonsense, did not participate. What irony :rolleyes:
I have seen a few newcomers joining the debate in this thread. Special thanks to all of you. Cheers :biggrin:

I got 2 points :-

1) It is not the fault of the FTs who are working here. Human beings are like cows who move to where there are greener grass to eat. But the situation now is most of the people here just keep attacking the FT with or without any basis. From the term "Foreign Trash " u can roughly judge the level of hatred. Whenever a FT made a mistake, everyone just use machine gun and shoot but didnt they realise that they are black sheeps everywhere. Just because of a small issue, these people stand "united" and "personal" and even condemned the country of the FT. It is as if these group of people are saint forgetting that our forefathers had also walked this path before.

2) Our fertility rate is too low. How to replace without immigrants? Many people just offer suggestions like longer maternity leave, more baby bonus, lower COE and better transport infrastructure. But my take is even if all these are implemented, the TFR will still be low. So what other solutions are there besides bringing in immigrants?

Thank You.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1) It is not the fault of the FTs who are working here. Human beings are like cows who move to where there are greener grass to eat. But the situation now is most of the people here just keep attacking the FT with or without any basis. From the term "Foreign Trash " u can roughly judge the level of hatred. Whenever a FT made a mistake, everyone just use machine gun and shoot but didnt they realise that they are black sheeps everywhere. Just because of a small issue, these people stand "united" and "personal" and even condemned the country of the FT. It is as if these group of people are saint forgetting that our forefathers had also walked this path before.

2) Our fertility rate is too low. How to replace without immigrants? Many people just offer suggestions like longer maternity leave, more baby bonus, lower COE and better transport infrastructure. But my take is even if all these are implemented, the TFR will still be low. So what other solutions are there besides bringing in immigrants?

Thank You.

Wahahaha! You got 1 thousand points to quote, LIM BEH also not interested. Apparently, your Phua Chee Bye PAP gaberment's solutions are not popular with many of the locals. Let leave it to the NEW GOVERNMENT after 2016 to solve. The solutions are not for us to come up with. We, commoners just do continue with our daily life, stay healthy and well to vote those MOTHERFUCKERS out when the time comes! :biggrin: And lastly, FUCK YOUR MOTHER PHUA CHEE BYE!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahahaha! You got 1 thousand points to quote, LIM BEH also not interested. Apparently, your Phua Chee Bye PAP gaberment's solutions are not popular with many of the locals. Let leave it to the NEW GOVERNMENT after 2016 to solve. The solutions are not for us to come up with. We, commoners just do continue with our daily life, stay healthy and well to vote those MOTHERFUCKERS out when the time comes! :biggrin: And lastly, FUCK YOUR MOTHER PHUA CHEE BYE!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

i sense a lot of hatred in you. are are ok?
putting political stuff aside, today is Vesak day and I hope that you can find inner peace within yourself .

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
akunei said:

1) It is not the fault of the FTs who are working here. Human beings are like cows who move to where there are greener grass to eat.

Agree with you the fault is not in the FTs but in our Govt that has allowed FTs to come in such large numbers not for replacement, mind you, but to grow the population by 26 % in the past 10 years.

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank You.

Your points 1
its not the fault of the FT, but the planners who let the fake PHD, MBA in without checking, in the first place, do we need them
Fake degrees, poor habits, terrorist, all let in, criminal record people ? are we even safe in singapore ? ,more murders, etc

Aneh FT will bring in all the Aneh etc, the entire company will be a black hole .
Where is the Million dollar planning, we have so many planners and scholars in the PMO office , where is the planning, are we getting value for money ?

Point 2
Fertility rate low, remember the policies graduate mother marry graduate father, stop at 2, this is what you get from the Million dollar planners ?
if they wanted more FT in, they should have planned for this, more MRT trains, More housing, infrastructure ? why was there no planning ?

Suspect by bringing in more FT, it is a money makeing buiz, more FT , more FT levy, more money, that is what the goverment wants , collect more revenue.

Look at the revenue collected from Maids, work permit holders, so profitable ? wow people at the immigration dept will get a big bonus this year and years to come ?

Very simple to improve the birth rate,
CHEAPER HOUSING OR PRIOPRITY HOUSING FOR SINGAPOREANS ONLY, SINGAPOREANS FIRST POLICY, FT PAY MORE
PRIORITY FOR NS MEN FOR SCHOOLING, HOUSING AND MEDICAL
SUBSIZISED SCHOOLING FOR UNIVERSITY
SUBSIDISED CHILD CARE
CHILD CARE NEAR OFFICES AND GOOD LOCATIONS
PRIOPRITY AND CHEAPER MEDICAL FOR NS MEN AND SINGAPOREANS, FT HIGHER TAXES PAY FULL PRICE FOR MEDICAL
FT TO PAY MORE FOR TRANSPORT AS THEY DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY

All FT to pay more , as they did not contribute to society here.

Remove all FT rubbish and fake degrees, check criminal records of all FT properly