• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Discussion(No TCSS) - FTs, Whats Your Take On Them

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why people are so fed up with FT, I list down the following

1)FT coming in with fake qualifications and bullshitting they can do this and that, however once employed hard to sack them
Why we dont have a system to check all the fake PHD, degrees and allow all the rubbish in ?, no one check ?
2)FT come in with different values, dont even know who is LKY etc, all the bad habits, this is due to the culture, and no orientation for them
Some FT i know even show salary slip to everyone, and boast of their pay etc, bad habits , talking loudly on phone, spitting everywhere, think we
invited them to singapore, and without them singapore cannot survive etc ? ungrateful etc, so many to name
3)We should have a system to screen through the PHD, degrees to ensure we get good people , instead of getting rubbish into Singapore.
4)poor attitude and poor hygiene,criminal record ? this has to be screened, Immigration so busy unable to screen all these people ?, why ?whose job ?
5)FT at the higher levels will hire FT and bring whole bunch of their buddies ?
6)good quality FT should be chosen instead of being invited ?, as they become so big headed.
7)Now that we let in all the rubbish we should just flush out all rubbish ? and ensure good quality FT? QC control?
8)FT need to be educated and calibrated, example on hygiene, habits, and culture so that they know what is expected ?
9)Some typical habits of FT are
que cutting and jump que ?
talking loudly in the train, cinema, public area,as if they are the only one
driving dangerously with KOPI LICENCE, how did we allow this to happen, unqualified dangerous drivers on our roads?
spitting and choking up the floor traps in the HDB flats ?no hygiene
why is this happening, no training for them ?, or just wrong selection of FT ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why people are so fed up with FT, I list down the following

Behavior modification isn't that difficult. All it takes is for sinkies to speak up when they witness behavior that isn't acceptable.

The Chinese nationals that have settled in NZ don't talk at the tops of their voices and the reason is simple... when they raise their voices, the Kiwis in the vicinity will say.... "sshhhh.... please keep your voice down.... there's no need to shout."

draft_lens8048501module68345891photo_1261172252Quiet_treadmills.png

In a matter of weeks, the new arrivals will have tuned down their volumes a few notches.

Same applies to littering, spitting, queue jumping and so on. The locals won't allow new arrivals to get away with obnoxious behavior. No government involvement in the form of screening, campaigns etc is necessary. The community takes care of things on the ground.

Why can't Singaporeans do the same thing?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese nationals that have settled in NZ don't talk at the tops of their voices and the reason is simple... when they raise their voices, the Kiwis in the vicinity will say.... "sshhhh.... please keep your voice down.... there's no need to shout."

Here's an example of what happens what you tell others to keep their voice down

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EsYRQkmVifg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video depicts the incident that took place on the upper deck of a double decker[2] Kowloon Motor Bus, Route no. 68X[4] en route to Yuen Long, Hong Kong at approximately 11:00 pm on 27 April 2006.[5] It began when a young bespectacled male passenger tapped the shoulder of a middle-aged man in front of him who was chatting on his mobile phone, asking the man to lower his voice. The older man later claimed that when he was tapped on the shoulder, he was under stress from an argument with his girlfriend and was calling the Samaritans. However, the younger man said that he was in fact merely chatting with friends.[6] The older man turned around[3] and started a monologue, ranting about being unnecessarily provoked under stress.[2] The younger man, who seldom talked back, expressed a desire to end the discussion. However, the middle-aged man insisted that the matter was not settled and requested an apology from him. The younger man apologised, reluctantly shook hands, and also warned the older man regarding the use of mother insults.[7] This last warning resulted in more profanities from the older man.[3] The video ends with the older man receiving a phone call.[8]

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

because the 超级白 tells sinkies to accept these trash with open arms, and some with open legs.

try to tell them off, our Million Dollar club members will tell us to go reflect on ourselves.

how the hell to modify their behaviour like that?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Here's an example of what happens what you tell others to keep their voice down

I've never seen that happen in NZ and the reason is simple... if an incident did turn nasty, those in the vicinity would unite to deal with the aggressor. No foreigner in NZ is going to confront 20 angry Kiwis. They'll simply apologise and you can be sure they won't repeat the same behavior for fear of provoking another rebuke.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
try to tell them off,

You don't have to give anyone a "telling off". All it takes is polite request. That's what the Kiwis do. It's not "Hey you there... shut the fuck up".

It's more like "Excuse me could you please lower your voice thank you.". If the response is aggressive, everyone in the vicinity will chip in with.. "he's absolutely right... you are speaking too loudly. It's not necessary. Please keep your voice down." 99% of the time, it works.

That's how community standards and norms evolve in the first place. If disapproval is not expressed, nothing is going to change and everyone will behave as they please.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
wouldnt even want to confront 1 angry kiwi. Some of them make Jonah Lomu look average in size.

I've never seen that happen in NZ and the reason is simple... if an incident did turn nasty, those in the vicinity would unite to deal with the aggressor. No foreigner in NZ is going to confront 20 angry Kiwis. They'll simply apologise and you can be sure they won't repeat the same behavior for fear of provoking another rebuke.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You don't have to give anyone a "telling off". All it takes is polite request. That's what the Kiwis do. It's not "Hey you there... shut the fuck up".

It's more like "Excuse me could you please lower your voice thank you.". If the response is aggressive, everyone in the vicinity will chip in with.. "he's absolutely right... you are speaking too loudly. It's not necessary. Please keep your voice down." 99% of the time, it works.

That's how community standards and norms evolve in the first place. If disapproval is not expressed, nothing is going to change and everyone will behave as they please.

thanks boss. :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

You don't see PRC immigrants in Canada behaving like the described Ah Tiongs in Sg either - when in Rome, do as the Romans. S'poreans have never been exemplary in public behavior for the new immigrants to emulate.

Everytime I see the food trays left behind at tables in eateries in Sg, it reminds me of their peasant habits (although not all are like that, but enough that it is seen as the norm). And when an MP says to look at themselves, many S'poreans take offense at that suggestion, even when it means to improve themselves.

Cheers!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
akunei said:
i think the issue now is not to discuss about the reasons for low fertility rate. It is a fact of life now. The main point should rather be, without FT/immigrants, how are we going to face the challenges ahead of us?

It is not a fact of life that the TFR has to remain low. There was no major genetic change in our make-up between our parents' generation and our generation.

There is a difference in educational level but this cannot be taken as an excuse because studies done in Europe showed that more highly educated women have higher TFR when the conditions are right.

Environmental issues are the key culprit here and every effort should be exploited to remove these obstacles to childbirth.

PAP is known for taking the easy path in its governance but I don't think they lack the skills to undertake this change. All we need is political resolve. The final outcome if we go on the present path is definitely less desirable.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's more like "Excuse me could you please lower your voice thank you." ...
ya, man! ...

ah loon n his jin-gang shud request politely ...

"excuse me, most respectable citizens ... cud u please accept 4eign talens ... 10q!" ... :rolleyes:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fts needed to drive economy?
How many of those who arrived are gainfully employed in Singapore?
Do we really have 25,000 job vacancies annually? MOM can verify?
Gong Li, Jet Li work here? They are only two examples.
What about those rich PRC and Ah Neh who came with an entourage...not working here but only occupying space and driving up prices here.

Reasons for the population push, I guess is
1. to out number the muslims...look around, any new muslim Singaporeans?
2. to gain votes from those rich 'Singaporeans'
3. LKY personal vendetta against those who migrated...he once said something like..."For every 1000 who migrated I 'll bring 10,000 to replace them"

All these are done for the benefits of Original Singaporeans or PAP ?
To the 60%...think about it.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fts needed to drive economy?
How many of those who arrived are gainfully employed in Singapore?
Do we really have 25,000 job vacancies annually? MOM can verify?
Gong Li, Jet Li work here? They are only two examples.
What about those rich PRC and Ah Neh who came with an entourage...not working here but only occupying space and driving up prices here.

Reasons for the population push, I guess is
2. to gain votes from those rich 'Singaporeans'
3. LKY personal vendetta against those who migrated...he once said something like..."For every 1000 who migrated I 'll bring 10,000 to replace them"

All these are done for the benefits of Original Singaporeans or PAP ?
To the 60%...think about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good point. What will happen if there are more muslims than Chinese in SIngapore?

2. 2. to gain votes from those rich 'Singaporeans'
Not so good point as the govt will also lose votes...maybe even more

Zhun bo? he got say that meh?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give you my opinion.

Yes, I welcome GENUINE FTs who is able to make contributions in areas which the Sinkees are lacking. But not to the extent of any Ah Tiong, Ah Neh or Ah Pinay can come in so easily to take up PMET jobs which can be done by the locals. Why don't the pappies just follow what other countries are doing, own citizen first, other citizens, wait first. ?

I stay in Sin City and I know the pros and cons of having too much foreigners working in a country.

In the case of Sinking Land, pappies are consistently trying to fatten their wallets or Swiss bank accounts.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, sorry I miss out another important point.

I live in other people's place and I have to respect their culture and lifestyle regardless I like it or not. This is life.

Pappies is doing the opposite, this piece of shit wants you to adopt and adapt to these foreign cultures!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
Same applies to littering, spitting, queue jumping and so on. The locals won't allow new arrivals to get away with obnoxious behavior. No government involvement in the form of screening, campaigns etc is necessary. The community takes care of things on the ground.

Why can't Singaporeans do the same? Because they look to the government to take the lead. For too long the government has been controlling the life of Singaporeans in a paternalistic manner - what to do, what not to do, even how to feel.

Singaporeans learn from the Govt. Even the Singaporean characteristic, kiasuism, is a direct imitation of the Govt's way of doing things.

Why can't the Govt follow the example of NZ govt?

Incidentally, Singaporeans do not shout rudely at PRC FTs. We probably keep very quiet, also an inculcated characteristic.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
akunei said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good point. What will happen if there are more muslims than Chinese in SIngapore?

2. 2. to gain votes from those rich 'Singaporeans'
Not so good point as the govt will also lose votes...maybe even more

Zhun bo? he got say that meh?

1. Ask the Govt.
2. Look at FTs' comments on PM's FB, very clear isn't it?
3. The ratio of 1:10 is about right, else how did the population grow 26% in 10 years despite the unfavorable TFR.

Last edited: