• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POWER! What gun is this? Beats SAF's

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The AK47 was cheaper, and if Russia didn't want to sell it to you, China had knockoffs. Besides, there are more cool videos of the AK47 in action rather than the SAR 80/88 or even the SAR-21...

My opinion though, is that money can be spent better on other things other than yet another rifle, for example powered armor.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/DqQloLvpWFA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/DqQloLvpWFA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

The SAR80 was my issued weapon for the last year of my NS. It was not that bad but it did have the following negatives:
  • It is heavier than the M16
  • Although it had fewer parts for field stripping than the M16, I understand from my QM friend that it was more complicated than the M16 for armoury maintenance
  • Its bang was loud
  • It did not have a carrying handle and and at that time, we were not issued with the combat slings that we have now - this made it very awkward to carry in a non-tact situation
  • Its aethetics was zero, and did not make up for it with a distinct profile like the M16, AK47, FAMAS, Steyr AUG or even Galil
  • Most importantly, we didn't know why we had to change from the M16 - other than marginally greater accuracy, there was no improvement and it was not considerably cheaper either.

On the plus side, I didn't get the impression that its IA rate was any worse than the M16. When held in the shooting position, it was very comfortable. And the recoil was low, courtesy of two guide springs and rods placed in the line of the barrel.

In these ways at least, I'm not sure it was worse than the AK47. Incidentally, the bolt assembly was fashioned after the AK47 to take advantage of its reliability and economy.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
no i just getting one for the gun club
to start shooting in range for hobby only

i hate putting bullets in high capacity 9mm magazine, my thumbs hurts.

Pistol is very individualistic choice, calibre choice depends on what sporting event the individual wants to venture into or the feel/fit of the gun to the person. Not every gun fits all. And the SAF mindset that everyone can be trained to accomodate what is provided does not apply; at least not all.

There are two school of thoughts, either the traditional all metal construction or those that like plastic and metal combo.

Personal choice is the 1911 as it fits asian hands and I love the recoil of a 0.45 compare to 0.4 or 9mm.

Having a sore thumb of loading high capacity magazine is part and parcel of learning to understand the shooting process.

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a sore thumb of loading high capacity magazine is part and parcel of learning to understand the shooting process.

Not anymore. Actually there ARE motorized loaders for M16 mags as well, but as usual, SAF is to cheapo to issue.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Zos_7e-c4t0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Zos_7e-c4t0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i reserve my .45 acp rounds for 'climatic' end-of-the-day-at-the-range shoots... i.e. after shooting off a few hundred .22 and dozens of 9mm.

start small and cheap, like .22 for sport, go to 9mm when you feel you have a raise, and climax with .45 when you think your stock options have vested.

You style and volume of shooting sounds very very familar .

You have the M4 or the MP5 .22 with all the toys attached on it?

:biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has anybody seen this sub-machinegun before? It's called the STK-CPW.

stk_cpw-1.jpg

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are u, some kind of stalker or what? U know where I live? Wha, u got a male crush on me or what? LOL.

Anyway, let me explain something to you. Its a very simple logic that seems to have escape your brain. When u are inside your residence, U DO NOT EXPECT TO HAVE HEAVY FUEL SMELL FROM SOME POLLUTED BEACH FOR DAYS. Its not normal, and its not acceptable, and hence, its ok to complain about that. BUT WHEN U FIRE A GUN, ANY GUN, U EXPECT TO SEE SMOKE, AND SMELL IT, regardless of how far your cheek is from any part of the gun. The smell and the sound are a product of the firing of the gun, both of which are gone in a few minutes, and not linger for days like in an oil spill. U see the logic here. So stop whining, vagina.

hahaha! see? u know what im talking about, bcos u r a pussy that keep whining about smell. but when pap shave one sar to u, u lanlan take it and love the smell! hahaha!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You style and volume of shooting sounds very very familar .

You have the M4 or the MP5 .22 with all the toys attached on it?

:biggrin:

m4 carbine 5.56mm? nah. m16. although having an m4 is better. it looks better too at the range. every tom dick and harry have seen an m16 and would not turn heads to take a 2nd look. but an m4 can turn heads and cause momentary safety hazards. :biggrin:

mp5 .22? nah. a bunch of .22 sport pistols for breathing/triggering precision. one of them is typical model for olympics shooting. very precise. my old avatar has a target with .22 shots in it. one pistol, one magazine, all rounds within the inner circle in and around the bull's eye, at 25 yards. trying to achieve one hole in the bull's eye, and one hole only with all the rounds.

the most balanced, handy and friendly small arms i have ever fired is the .44 magnum revolver with a scope. the scope helps in the balance if you hold it with one hand. easy to load, easy to point and easy to fire.

the other weapon for protection or in case of home intrusion is a sawed-off or shortened shot gun.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good news

nanny state have vote to let their soldiers keep their assault rifle and 50 rounds of ammo at home. This is a real army to defend enemies(cannot name one for the swiss). Why the singapore, with hordes of terrorists surrounding us and living with us, we have a fake army, paper army and one which will collapse at first real war.

Switzerland rejects tighter gun controls

It means that the voters decided during the referendum to retain the current system, which allows army-issued weapons to be kept at home.

Supporters of the tighter curbs wanted to have weapons kept in armouries and demanded stricter checks on gun owners.

Opponents said the move would undermine trust in the army. The final result of the vote is expected soon.

Near-complete results show at least 14 out of 26 Swiss cantons rejected the proposal in Sunday's vote.

National institution
For the proposal to succeed, it required the support of the majority of Swiss citizens and the cantons.

Overall, about 57% of the Swiss voters rejected the plan, while 43% backed it.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

If the "Yes" goes through, it really risks destroying the country”

Xavier Schwitzguebel
Swiss army officer
Geneva and Basel both bucked the trend by approving it, according to the Swissinfo website.

The result is a blow to gun-control groups in Switzerland, the BBC's Imogen Foulkes in Geneva reports.

There are an estimated two to three million guns circulating in Switzerland.

No-one knows the exact number because there is no national firearms register, our correspondent adds.

In addition to the semi-automatic assault rifle that all those serving in the army store at home, there are thousands of hunting rifles and pistols.

Serving and former soldiers have been allowed to keep their weapons at home since World War II.

The proposal to end that custom was backed by a coalition of doctors, women's groups and police associations.

Although Switzerland's overall crime rate is low by European standards, the country has the highest rate of gun suicide in Europe.

The proposal's backers had argued that keeping soldiers' firearms locked up in armouries would reduce the suicide rate.

A number of high-profile killings in recent years - such as the shooting of ski star Corinne Rey-Bellet by her estranged husband in 2006 - have also boosted support for greater gun control.

But the Swiss army is a national institution, and changing anything about it is controversial, says our correspondent.

Opponents of the proposals say taking soldiers' guns away would undermine the military and could open the door to abolishing Switzerland's citizen army all together.

"If the 'Yes' goes through, it really risks destroying the country," Xavier Schwitzguebel, an army reservist officer, was earlier quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

"If we take away the weapon, which represents this trust, that means that we are breaking the sacred union between democracy and citizen."

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personal choice is the 1911 as it fits asian hands and I love the recoil of a 0.45 compare to 0.4 or 9mm.

I like the feel and accuracy of wilson combat stealth (m1911), 0.45 ACP 7 rounds. But i like the cheap ammo and high capacity of 9mm. Actually for unknown reason the 3000 dollars 0.45 wilson combat have less recoil than 9mm 800 dollars glock. Not exactly sure why, but hand made gun is different from mass production.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not anymore. Actually there ARE motorized loaders for M16 mags as well, but as usual, SAF is to cheapo to issue./QUOTE]

oh, got to get one of this. when i go to usa this year.
I love gun shop in USA, it is like shopping paradise to me. Gals like to go to paris LV, while i like to go to USA gun shop for window shopping.

Up_mags.jpg
$31.37

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
who shoot regularly with pistol here?

1911 design, is it worth to get 9mm version ,just to lower cost?
or better to stick to 0.45 ???

I think there are some shooters here.

Depends on what you get it for. Whether just for plinking or as a self defense round.
Lots of clones of the 1911 around in different caliber including .40.

Always a matter of trade offs, more rounds versus heavier/powerful rounds.
More stopping power versus more accuracy, etc.

If you want a 9mm, some folks will still recommend a Glock 17 or a Beretta. Even for
shooters, shooting a .45 for the first time takes some getting use to as some never
liked the recoil.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
no i just getting one for the gun club
to start shooting in range for hobby only

i hate putting bullets in high capacity 9mm magazine, my thumbs hurts.

Same, even .45 rounds in guns with high cap mags. The only difference is the .45 are fatter and slightly easier to push in.
The older seasoned mags are better but some may jam. Get an autoloader or thumb loading device. Cheap and good plus
easier to put in. For range, better with 9mm as some new shooters may not like the recoil of the .45 and give up halfway.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Same, even .45 rounds in guns with high cap mags. The only difference is the .45 are fatter and slightly easier to push in.
The older seasoned mags are better but some may jam. Get an autoloader or thumb loading device. Cheap and good plus
easier to put in. For range, better with 9mm as some new shooters may not like the recoil of the .45 and give up halfway.

I like 9mms better coz of the lower recoil and easier to handle, unless one has a customised/modified .45, Going to shoot some slugs tomorrow, oooh yeah

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I like 9mms better coz of the lower recoil and easier to handle, unless one has a customised/modified .45, Going to shoot some slugs tomorrow, oooh yeah

Yes, some even enjoy the .22, easy on the hands, very low recoil.
A customized gun will definitely be different from stock/factory.

One time i went to a range, asked for a .357, Sir we only have hollow points
and they are silver tipped. I asked them, i am shooting at targets today, not
werewolves. I find that most ranges only have stock for ball and disallow other
types of ammunition unless its those outdoor ones when you can try to chrono
some hotshot's handloads.

Happy shooting! :smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOoUVeyaY_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I prefer this, LOL

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOoUVeyaY_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I prefer this, LOL

Fast and good, lots of rounds. One of the ultimate close quarters shotguns. Filled with loads of 12 guage filled with ready and waiting buckshot.
Even better, this guy got 2 of them.

Imagine if this is fitted to unmanned vehicles. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GV7ne3_688

Last edited: