• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POWER! What gun is this? Beats SAF's

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dream one day of Irifle.

the rifle use massive computer cpu to calculate bullet path, use motor to load the rifle instead of recoil, camera on the gun, that feed to the eye of shooter remotely like bluetooth. Barrel is stabilise by motor like IS of canon camera. Every bullet that feed into gun is check for defect on a scanner.

The Irifle is the rifle of the 21 th century,

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course I fired SAR before, u idiot. I have a similar problem like u too. Although I am right handed, my master eye is not my right eye. Its my left eye. Therefore, I hold the rifle with my left hand, squeeze trigger with my right, but sight with my left eye. In other words, my whole face is on the right side of the rifle when I shoot. I have had fair number of empty casings in my face. So stop your kpkb. What a pussy.

u r such an idiot here. we are discussing about the ejecting function is not user friendly for a left hander and with the smoke and cartridges ejecting inches in front of your cheek. call me a pussy for the smoke? u love the gun powder smell? then why are you complaining about staying at marine parade with oil smell?

i dare to say no to the gun, but pussy like u learn to enjoy the gun smoke. u r the typical sinkapoorean that vote pap in although kpkb here! u learn to enjoy the gun smoke just like u learn to enjoy pap slavery! hahaha! :wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Malaysians are phasing it out. Stopped making it. From people I talk to, they do not have a good experience. It could be the samples from their own factory is the problem, but otherwise, u can take malaysia off that list.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me only trained in S&W .38, glock, m16 s1, GPMG, hk mp5, arwen ace, taurus revolver, 0.5" Browning Machine Gun, Oerlikon 20 mm cannon and CIS 50MG. but not SAR.

wow, u polis coast guard izzit? polis patrol boat boat Oerlikon 20mm?

anyway, u fire the 50cal M2, the smoke from it even worse than the SAR21, so why complain so much on it. anyway, the M16S1 still the main rifle for the polis rite? so why bother the SAR21 which is a piece of shit. As for being left handed, in SAF very easily can rectify, just change weapon lor. ie. left handed soldiers become SAW or M203 gunners lor. At least that what my unit do. anyway due to the lack of strength, not many of us carry the SAR21, so it not surprising that the SGT carry M203 and M203 gunners carry the law tube too. Armour Infantry very hard life. sigh...

As for the SAR80 & the SAR88, both are not adopted by SAF, it was said the a couple thousand were store in polis armory. Anyway i have seen them on the hands of militants in africa bush conflict on BBC and CNN. Despite AK47 being the weapons of choice, many SAR80 and SAR88 can be found in Africa. i wonder how those weapons get there?:rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dogshit swiss politican try to stop soldier from bringing rifle home

The nanny state of world, con the world money with fifa, olympics and YOG,sell us swiss watches for thousands, when it cost peanuts to make, try to prevent their soldier from bringing their issued zero rifles and rounds home.
This is disgusting, soldier need to protect against invaders. They need rifle near them. Their enemy are ehh.... friends are Germany, Italy, Austrlia and France. They are true soldier, always ready to defend the motherland. Not like sinkies army, not ready and not equip to fight their enemy, which surround them 10000 to 1. No bulletproof vest to protect them, no personal zeroed rifle. they expect the whole army to go to range and zero the rifle. malaysian army will be up their arse by then. I plead to swiss not to change their tradition

Referendum Could Change Swiss Gun Culture

This poster against an initiative to round up military-issue guns in Switzerland reads: "A weapons monopoly for criminals? No." But increased gun control is favored by a slight majority of the Swiss.

The Swiss vote in a referendum this Sunday on a measure to collect military-issue weapons. The aim is to store guns in public arsenals, rather than at home -- and cut down on domestic violence. But it could end a tradition of gun ownership associated with Swiss independence and the legend of William Tell.

Switzerland is an exception to many clichés about Europe, but gun control is one of the most unexpected. In stark contrast to the neighboring European Union, and in spite of the country's placid image of cow pastures, Alpine landscapes and official neutrality in war, every third Swiss household owns a gun.

That may, however, change on Sunday, when Swiss voters decide on a measure to end a tradition of sending military-issue rifles home with reserve soldiers. Most Swiss men are reservists because Switzerland has a mandatory draft and only a small standing army. Sunday's "weapons initiative" is aimed at rounding up those weapons and storing them in public arsenals. The idea is that the weapons can be retrieved in case of war, but not used for impulsive domestic violence.

The measure, surprisingly, may pass. The country's stout tradition of gun ownership has been rattled by a persistently high suicide rate and a number of mass murders, including a 2001 incident involving a commercial version of the Swiss army's SG 550 assault rifle. Doctors and women's groups have also argued that guns in the closet lead to more bloody accidents and lethal disputes at home.

"If you make firearms less accessible, there will be fewer suicides. It's that simple," Elsa Kurz, from the Geneva-based group Stop Suicide, told the Associated Press. Switzerland has the highest rate of suicide by firearm of any European nation -- about 26 percent, compared to 2.8 percent in the UK and about 1 percent in Germany.

'Pro Tell'

Switzerland's rate of gun murder is still relatively low, about 0.3 homicides by firearm per 100,000 people (compared to 4.2 per 100,000 in the United States). And gun-rights advocates argue that restricting firearms won't bring down the suicide rate overall. "Anyone who wants to commit suicide will find a way," said Willy Pfund, president of the gun-rights group Pro Tell, according to the Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger.

The name "Pro Tell" suggests how deep private-firearm traditions run in Switzerland. William Tell, the semi-legendary folk hero, was an ordinary farmer who brought his hunting crossbow to one of the first Swiss wars of independence. As the legend has it, he not only shot an apple off his son's head; he also killed Albrecht Gessler, an unloved local deputy of the Habsburg empire.

Guns in Switzerland, like guns in America, are associated with liberty, and local gun clubs as well as Swiss military groups have opposed the arsenal law with rhetoric about freedom. "The real purpose of this initiative is to weaken the militia army and withdraw the state's confidence in its citizens," said Markus Müller, spokesman for a group of Swiss military officers called ASMZ, according to AP. "Only a disarmed people can be oppressed."

A Conservative Black Sheep

Popular attitudes, though, are changing. "As a child, I experienced the threat of gun violence," a conservative parliamentarian named This Jenny told the Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger last month. He saw it happen in a friend's house as a boy, he said. "When children have to stare down a gun barrel, and feel fear," he said, "they will be traumatized."

Jenny, 59, belongs to the controversial Swiss People's Party (SVP), an anti-immigrant party that won national seats in 2007 and that -- as a bloc -- strongly opposes the arsenal law. As a party renegade on this issue, Jenny has agreed not to cross his colleagues by campaigning in favor of it. "I could make three campaign appearances a week, but I don't," he told the Tagesanzeiger. But he says he's received hundreds of emails from people who feel threatened and frustrated by the presence of a gun at home.

"A gun is a different dimension," he told the newspaper. "It's final. It can curdle a woman's blood."

And women may tip the election. Recent polls suggest that a narrow majority support the initiative -- 52 percent, according to a January poll by the gfs.bern institute -- but the discrepancy between men and women is stark.

According to Claude Longchamp, who heads gfs.bern, there's a 24 percentage point difference between male and female voters, which represents the widest gender-based difference his institute has seen in 10 years of research.

"Many women believe that it is unnecessary to keep a firearm at home nowadays," he told the website swissinfo.com, "whereas men typically fear for cherished Swiss traditions, and therefore tend to oppose the initiative."

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9pxjnl1yuXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now THIS is something much better than both rifles. Homing bullets aren't that far off reality.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, u polis coast guard izzit? polis patrol boat boat Oerlikon 20mm?

the old cpc

anyway, u fire the 50cal M2, the smoke from it even worse than the SAR21, so why complain so much on it. anyway, the M16S1 still the main rifle for the polis rite?

at least not like sar right in front of my nose! :biggrin: got anti flash gear when doing live firing and out at south china sea. not so jialak! :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least not like sar right in front of my nose! :biggrin: got anti flash gear when doing live firing and out at south china sea. not so jialak! :biggrin:

i always wonder how the anti flash gear work. put a white color hose on one head got what purpose?:biggrin:
anyway, why only naval personnel have these anti flash gear while SAF personnel operating the same weapon dont have.:(

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dream one day of Irifle.

the rifle use massive computer cpu to calculate bullet path, use motor to load the rifle instead of recoil, camera on the gun, that feed to the eye of shooter remotely like bluetooth. Barrel is stabilise by motor like IS of canon camera. Every bullet that feed into gun is check for defect on a scanner.

The Irifle is the rifle of the 21 th century,

Nice to have, but wait till you have a electro magnetic pulse and all your electronic equipment goes kaput in a second.:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice to have, but wait till you have a electro magnetic pulse and all your electronic equipment goes kaput in a second.:biggrin:

you need a nuclear explosion for that, i will fear the radiation fall out than broken gun. we can use other semiconductor to make EMP resistance chips.

Do not fear technology. An army with high tech gun will outshoot an army with low tech gun anytime.

700 years ago, we are using a tube with gunpower, and now we are using beautiful and elegant piece of art.

12.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
u r such an idiot here. we are discussing about the ejecting function is not user friendly for a left hander and with the smoke and cartridges ejecting inches in front of your cheek. call me a pussy for the smoke? u love the gun powder smell? then why are you complaining about staying at marine parade with oil smell?

i dare to say no to the gun, but pussy like u learn to enjoy the gun smoke. u r the typical sinkapoorean that vote pap in although kpkb here! u learn to enjoy the gun smoke just like u learn to enjoy pap slavery! hahaha! :wink:

What are u, some kind of stalker or what? U know where I live? Wha, u got a male crush on me or what? LOL.

Anyway, let me explain something to you. Its a very simple logic that seems to have escape your brain. When u are inside your residence, U DO NOT EXPECT TO HAVE HEAVY FUEL SMELL FROM SOME POLLUTED BEACH FOR DAYS. Its not normal, and its not acceptable, and hence, its ok to complain about that. BUT WHEN U FIRE A GUN, ANY GUN, U EXPECT TO SEE SMOKE, AND SMELL IT, regardless of how far your cheek is from any part of the gun. The smell and the sound are a product of the firing of the gun, both of which are gone in a few minutes, and not linger for days like in an oil spill. U see the logic here. So stop whining, vagina.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who shoot regularly with pistol here?

1911 design, is it worth to get 9mm version ,just to lower cost?
or better to stick to 0.45 ???

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
last seen this rifle been used by RPs who jaga the gates. then heard they gave it to the police...maybe police also din want and chuck it one corner

They were issued to radio cars...... one rifle to each car but on the very 1st night it was on trial in service..... during a roadblock one stupid police officer take aim with the rifle while his colleague stopped the vehicles causing alarm and several calls to VVIPs..... that same night all the rifles were recalled. :rolleyes: ....... last heard they were given to the gurkhas who oso dint want them. :wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were issued to radio cars...... one rifle to each car but on the very 1st night it was on trial in service..... during a roadblock one stupid police officer take aim with the rifle while his colleague stopped the vehicles causing alarm and several calls to VVIPs..... that same night all the rifles were recalled. :rolleyes: ....... last heard they were given to the gurkhas who oso dint want them. :wink:

give it free to cambodia, they will make good use of it.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

For impact and sure kill, stick to the 0.45 you won't go wrong with it.

For high capacity stick to a 9mm for a prolonged gun fight.

For any matter, if you can't finish a gun battle in 5 secs, don't every go into one :cool:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For impact and sure kill, stick to the 0.45 you won't go wrong with it.
For high capacity stick to a 9mm for a prolonged gun fight.

no i just getting one for the gun club
to start shooting in range for hobby only

i hate putting bullets in high capacity 9mm magazine, my thumbs hurts.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SAR80 was my issued weapon for the last year of my NS. It was not that bad but it did have the following negatives:
  • It is heavier than the M16
  • Although it had fewer parts for field stripping than the M16, I understand from my QM friend that it was more complicated than the M16 for armoury maintenance
  • Its bang was loud
  • It did not have a carrying handle and and at that time, we were not issued with the combat slings that we have now - this made it very awkward to carry in a non-tact situation
  • Its aethetics was zero, and did not make up for it with a distinct profile like the M16, AK47, FAMAS, Steyr AUG or even Galil
  • Most importantly, we didn't know why we had to change from the M16 - other than marginally greater accuracy, there was no improvement and it was not considerably cheaper either.

On the plus side, I didn't get the impression that its IA rate was any worse than the M16. When held in the shooting position, it was very comfortable. And the recoil was low, courtesy of two guide springs and rods placed in the line of the barrel.

In these ways at least, I'm not sure it was worse than the AK47. Incidentally, the bolt assembly was fashioned after the AK47 to take advantage of its reliability and economy.

that bad hur? sar80 was never issued to my unit

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is a recurring question with gun users. of course, 9mm is cheaper and therefore you can shoot more rounds at the range compared to .45, with the result that 'practice makes perfect (with more rounds).'

on the other hand, a .45 acp round is more effective at taking down a human target who is over 200 lbs and charging at you with a machete. how many times are you in that predicament? nil. how many times do you practise at the range? and if you say a lot, go with the 9mm. it's small and fast, and tends to over-penetrate, which is good in target practice.

i reserve my .45 acp rounds for 'climatic' end-of-the-day-at-the-range shoots... i.e. after shooting off a few hundred .22 and dozens of 9mm.

start small and cheap, like .22 for sport, go to 9mm when you feel you have a raise, and climax with .45 when you think your stock options have vested.