• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POWER! What gun is this? Beats SAF's

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try HK 416. Pass beach test with flying colours.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AGwkHktkTxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try HK 416. Pass beach test with flying colours.

wow german technology is definitely better. but german scare of USA? what competitive model, Amercian M4 carbine lor. why afraid is it?
amercian special force use condom and plastic bag to solve this problem.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I'm a little surprised no one has referred to this little gem of a bull-pup weapon which was first went into service in 1977 - even before I went to NS! And the beauty of this - it is ambidextrous, i.e., a flip of a switch and the empty cartridges will eject out the left side of the gun. 20 years later and SAR21 could not and still cannot do that!

iframe>

The abiliy to eject rounds from either the left or ride side does not make it a "gem" of a weapon. Its an inferior weapon to the M16.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
steyr aug is really amazing, now many people copy it's design, USA still using old design though.

The AUG is not that amazing. I have fired this weapon. Although I got a good grouping, in my opinion, its inferior to the M16 family of weapons, i.e. M4, CAR-15, AR-15, etc. I simply did not like the trigger assembly and the trigger pull. The pull is not smooth and does not provide enough tactile feedback. Therefore, the confidence factor was not there for me. I like the translucent mag that allows u to see how many rounds u have left. But otherwise, I prefer the M16 and its derivatives. this rifle has now been widely seen as a failure. The malaysians as well as other countries are phasing out their use and production of the AUG. Generally speaking, Bullpup designs are still not considered a universal success. The Brits and French have not managed to export their bullpups in significant numbers. As well, the bullpup Tavor Tar-21 (developed by Israel and marketed as the SAR-21 in Singapore) have not been adopted by Israel as its standard weapon.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally speaking, Bullpup designs are still not considered a universal success.

new idea need a bit of time to mature.
some just like the traditional design better.

i like both and admire both design.

i may be going to USA for holiday, it is time for me to spend many hours in range to do some shooting. yeah. cant wait.
i hope the range i go to have decent gun for hire.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
new idea need a bit of time to mature.
some just like the traditional design better.

i like both and admire both design.

i may be going to USA for holiday, it is time for me to spend many hours in range to do some shooting. yeah. cant wait.
i hope the range i go to have decent gun for hire.

I don't think it can be considered a new idea anymore. The Steyr AUG was in service in 1977 and the FAMAS in 1978. That's 34 years ago. If it still hasn't replaced the traditional rifles by now, it never will.

If you going to the range, i suggest u shoot the AUG first, than immediately followed by an M4. You will see what I am talking about. The Steyr also has a build in telescopic sight, like the SAR-21, and I think its 3X if I recall. But the problem with this sight is it uses a donut type system rather than a cross hair. Your target has to be within the donut hole. I hated that. Just not used to it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
im a left handed and when im shooting SAR. the instructor informed me to use my right hand even im a left handed, because SAR is design to use for right hand only!!! :eek: WTF! he said even u r a left handed, u can use your right hand to shoot. it will still be accurate if u r a sharp shooter. knn!!! :oIo: for SAR, the empty cartridges will only eject out the right side of the gun!!! anyway it comes with a bag to collect the empty catridges, so i still use my left hand to shoot. but the gun powder smell and the smoke really cannot tahan when using left hand to shoot.

anyone young enough to use SAR during their NS? pls explain and verify that the instructor did not smoke me.

me only trained in S&W .38, glock, m16 s1, GPMG, hk mp5, arwen ace, taurus revolver, 0.5" Browning Machine Gun, Oerlikon 20 mm cannon and CIS 50MG. but not SAR.

That must have been some time ago. I believe they have deflectors now for left handed shooters for the SAR-21. As for the smell and smoke, stop being a sissy. By the way, if there is oil in the barrel or bolt carrier group, the first first few rounds will burn them off, so that could be why u experience the smoke and smell.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That must have been some time ago. I believe they have deflectors now for left handed shooters for the SAR-21. As for the smell and smoke, stop being a sissy. By the way, if there is oil in the barrel or bolt carrier group, the first first few rounds will burn them off, so that could be why u experience the smoke and smell.

hey! come on! try to fire that stupid sar using your left hand and aim using the scope or the sights. lim peh never use LAD to aim. you will know what i mean. the smoke will come out from the hole which eject empty cartridge and u will get the first hand smell of the gun smoke. try to do it after a few hundred rounds and come and tell me u r not a sissy because u like it. :oIo:
since u r not those serve NS using SAR, pls dont misled people here. i need someone who is trained and handle the weapon during their NS to share about this weapon here. do they really ask left hander to shoot using right hand? if they want left hander to shoot using right hand, why they need a deflector? u moron! :oIo:

anyway did u fire SAR before? :rolleyes:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you were left handed, which I'm not, you would appreciate this 'minor' feature. And deflectors do not work for a bull-pup - the ejection slot is too close to the firer's cheek and eyes.

In any case, it is very odd that a weapon fielded over 30 years ago caters to left-handed shooters but one fielded slightly more than 10 years ago (SAR21) doesn't. It seems that the designers of the SAR21 were unaware of it until it was deployed. And yes, left handed soldiers were told to use their right hands.

The nearby armies which have used the Steyr AUG are Malaysia, Australia and NZ, and I've been told by users that they mostly like it. Certain things (like the tactile feedback of the trigger) have been adjusted. Others they got used to. The manufacturers have also begun to improve on the accuracy and muzzle velocity of the weapon.

The abiliy to eject rounds from either the left or ride side does not make it a "gem" of a weapon. Its an inferior weapon to the M16.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, AK-47 as for 1947. Now already 2011, still AK-47, you not ashame of yourself.

Have you heard of Colts' 1911, 100 years old design to date with copies all over the world and still have a strong following as a leading 0.45 calibre pistol.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Famas

Electronic systems allow firing while maintaining cover

FAMAS accommodates a man-machine interface, a second grip and a telescopic sight. The sight is equipped with a day imager and a night imager (the infantryman’s sight will be light intensifying, and one soldier per squad will have a thermal sight: uncooled IR), a restitution eyepiece, a clear sight for instinctive shooting. The sight has an integrated video camera that transmits received images to the system. A wire connection links the weapon to the system

Yeah, so how many spare batteries a soldier needs to carry on the field.

As for the SAR, did our Sink Technologies really design it ? I would presume they copied the Tavor-21 and manufacture it. The two are strikingly similar except for the optics.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Famas

Probably the other way around - the SAR21 was about five years older than the TAR21. It's more like the Israelis took a look at the SAR21 and said, 'Some great ideas but couldn't you have made it lighter, have a right - left switch for cartridge ejection...' and did it.

As for the SAR, did our Sink Technologies really design it ? I would presume they copied the Tavor-21 and manufacture it. The two are strikingly similar except for the optics.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone remembers the SAR-80? This dud was supposed to replace the M16s but when 1st came out they gave it to the commandos but it was so lousy no one wanted it and eventually think they throw them to the police.......

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone remembers the SAR-80? This dud was supposed to replace the M16s but when 1st came out they gave it to the commandos but it was so lousy no one wanted it and eventually think they throw them to the police.......

oic! i was from police and check in this thread those weapon im trained in. but this SAR 80??? never see before.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was one of the early (only) adopters of this weapon, and I was neither commando nor police. Its plusses - more accurate than M16 and much cheaper to make. Its negatives - heavier and very loud.

SAR_80_rifle.JPG

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one thing i dun understand is that sar80 was build like 20 more years after first AR15, so how can a copy of 20 years rifle be heavier and noisier??
what are the IVY league PAP dogs doing in CIS.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A rifle is only as good as the operator. This high tech firearm will not help a poorly trained, poorly motivated soldier.

not if you use eyes while he uses a IR scope at night.

If you cannot see him, how can you hit him? No matter how well you are train.

move with technology or die like nokia.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hey! come on! try to fire that stupid sar using your left hand and aim using the scope or the sights. lim peh never use LAD to aim. you will know what i mean. the smoke will come out from the hole which eject empty cartridge and u will get the first hand smell of the gun smoke. try to do it after a few hundred rounds and come and tell me u r not a sissy because u like it. :oIo:
since u r not those serve NS using SAR, pls dont misled people here. i need someone who is trained and handle the weapon during their NS to share about this weapon here. do they really ask left hander to shoot using right hand? if they want left hander to shoot using right hand, why they need a deflector? u moron! :oIo:

anyway did u fire SAR before? :rolleyes:

Of course I fired SAR before, u idiot. I have a similar problem like u too. Although I am right handed, my master eye is not my right eye. Its my left eye. Therefore, I hold the rifle with my left hand, squeeze trigger with my right, but sight with my left eye. In other words, my whole face is on the right side of the rifle when I shoot. I have had fair number of empty casings in my face. So stop your kpkb. What a pussy.