• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Party Political Broadcast - Did LSL Do Enough?

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you guys think?

I thought VW and Sylvia both did better than LSL

The women in my family, staunch PAP supporters, thought Jeanette was the most convincing

Either ways, if Aljunied was 50-50 at this point...I'd think this broadcast favours opposition

Last election, my family voted 5-1 in favour of PAP. This time 7-0 in favour of Oppo

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you guys think?

The women in my family, staunch PAP supporters, thought Jeanette was the most convincing

Either ways, if Aljunied was 50-50 at this point...I'd think this broadcast favours opposition

You deserve a brand new set of tyres for your effort... bravo !

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not impressed by Pinky at all. Very robotic and meaningless speech.

My ratings of speakers :

1. NSP - Spoken with fire and passion
2. SDP - VW is a great and convincing speaker
3. WP - Clear message
4. PAP - Nothing special given this is their final chance
5. SDA - Very sales talk. Too commercial
6. SPP - Lack conviction

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think GMS did the best. The rest of them all cannot connect and the RP guy speaking in Chinese stumble until so malu.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt that he botched it.

Speaker after speaker had raised issues which have been circulating during this campaign.

To be sucessful, he needed to

1) Acknowledge the problems
2) Give a response to what the PAP is going to do

Instead he launched into a speech about how well the PAP is doing at looking after Singaporeans.

If Singaporeans had bought into this message, they wouldn't be listening to the opposition.

After listening to a lot of fluff, I could only conclude he didn't have any plan of how to deal with the issues that have been raised. Hence:

Vote PAP if you are happy with your life and are scared to lose what you have.
Vote Opposition if your life is a struggle and you want change.

I mentioned this before. The PAP's blind spot is that they are made up of elites. They therefore think that everyone in Singapore is happy and living in a paradise they are scared to lose. They cannot grasp the concept that a lot of people in Singapore are unhappy and struggling though life.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you guys think?

English Broadcast:
Vincent and Silvia Lim very outsanding.
Jeanette very excellent no stage fright in her.
LHL - So, so but when he said Vote for PAP..he sounds like Peeeee n Peeeee.
So fake.

Chinese Broadcast
Low Thia Kiang - Powerful
Goh Meng Seng - Excellent
SDP Ang/LHL - on par, both quite static.

Worker Party message is clear & hit the bone. you want 87-0 or a first world parliament.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL totally ignored the FT issue. This was a key issue among the electorate.
Solid performances from Sylvia,VW and Jeanette.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is clear since nomination day that they do not intend to change their two most unpopular policies-influx of foreigners and high HDB prices.
They merely say they understand but no mention at all of change of policy.
His saying sorry sounds hollow, contrived and unconvincing.
No difference from WKS saying sorry in Parliament over MS case.Everthing else remains unchanged-unless we vote them out.

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree, that was the root of all fucking problems which NSP managed to touch on.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWetrT0qxZI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWetrT0qxZI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

See for yourself whether LHL is really concern about the basic fundamental problems that peasants are facing?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL was LHL...phew!...nothing new, refreshing, innovative, creative, inspiring...just pure cold hard logic(according to pap) wif no real warmth...just the usual apparent contrived smile every now n then...v happy wif LHL's performance...C

Jeanette...pretty gd stuff although at times abit shaky but overall ok for her first broadcast on telly...B...really hope this also personally helps Jeanette in Mountbatten...

Slyvia...professional, measured wif cool crisp clarity...got her first world parliament message out wif impact...A

Vincent...ditto abv plus relaxed manner wif human touch...VW has improved on his telly performance since he appeared on the debate forum agst tharman n josephine...A

Lina...abit aunty style but still managed to get SPP's message across...C

Kenneth...tot he did pretty well this time rd...much better than his first broadcast...got his message across notwithstanding his hilarious grin!...B

Harminder...passionate n quite entertaining wif his martin luther king "i hv a dream" take...B

overall i go to sleep quite happy n relieved pap did not bring anything new n fresh to the table...tomorrow now probably all boils down to how the electorate viewed LHL's supposed mea culpa n the final wrap rallies n press conferences yesterday...

my message to the electorate...you get the parliament you deserve...so pls vote wisely n dont come complaining in the next 5 yrs if u just go for status quo as usual...there is nothing to fear but fear itself...

Last edited: