• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSman was thinking of doing ICT, even after surgery

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
"July 2008
As a recipient of the Minister for Defence Awards in July 2008, Amos International (S) Pte Ltd was inducted into the prestigious MiDAs (Minister for Defence Awards) League. This recipients are viewed as MINDEF/SAF’s role models for other companies."

"porlumpar company"...part of the food chain..

That explains

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1 million annual salary i dunno lah but my coy had a rifleman drawing $28k monthly. he dun mind reservist, he treat reservist as a break from work yet still receive salary.:biggrin:

Same for my unit. 1 guy in my section was drawing 16k a month working in Temasick.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Captain (CPT)
$2220
$3150

So its right. My time about 2k. Now 3k+ already. By the way Raiders, this is for regular or NSman? I don't remember having extra pay during ICT.

For ICT you get basically your civilian pay unless your SAF pay is higher than your civilian pay, then you get your SAF pay. I am not sure whether KAH allowance is on top of your pay which you can keep. This is a new thing to me because in the old days, you could be a KAH and in the advanced party but you don't get any allowance.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For ICT you get basically your civilian pay unless your SAF pay is higher than your civilian pay, then you get your SAF pay. I am not sure whether KAH allowance is on top of your pay which you can keep. This is a new thing to me because in the old days, you could be a KAH and in the advanced party but you don't get any allowance.

recall KAH and advance party no count lah. appointment holders are ie, csm, oc, s1/2/3/4, rsm and co. all of them got extra money on top of their make up pay.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
But for those big fishes who are company owners, they are not there for the allowances or money. As someone pointed out earlier, it is to get contacts for Mindef contracts.

Going back for ICT & winning more contracts for his own company is peanuts compared to what he is really aiming for, the biggest prize of all is when he quits his own job or retires, he's hoping to get one of the many appointments given out to snr ranking Mindef personnel, to be made board member of a Gahmen owned company. If you trawl through business listings, you'll see only ranks above Lt.Col. are given these appointments. That's why i say he'll get a nice retirement fund! People like these spend their off time networking & playing golf in SICC.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves that the stuff I read about Sinkies hating NS is all a load of bull. I too share his views. NS is an honor and a privilege.

thats right, its all bullshit. I met so many who take reservists seriously like him too because they understood the value of a credible defence.
I give you points.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many foreigners have chosen to do NS too. For the defence of Singapore!

ha ha ha ha ha...all right!...my ex-Indonesian colleague did that, now where is he?? his son is approaching NS age..they have uprooted and gone to Japan! we will be the one who will be defending SINgapore..don't know you..maybe you will run first!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which means he is not fit to handle tough training including carrying of rifle, so just make do with pistol?

Maybe during his time he did what was required to get into SPF for a senang NS life, which is quite a clever move.. or maybe he's not a NS but a regular fully paid up member in SPF. :eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recall KAH and advance party no count lah. appointment holders are ie, csm, oc, s1/2/3/4, rsm and co. all of them got extra money on top of their make up pay.

All these appointment holders did not get anything extra in the old days and during ICTs they formed the advance party doing ICT longer than the rest.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
siao!!!!!!! how many side deals and contracts he hav wif mindef? fucking bunch of cock suckers sycophants who orgasm by wearing green, playing games, ogling at female specs, drinking beer at mess!!!! those regulars r worst! knock off at 4:30pm to go jogging! knnbnbccb! :oIo::rolleyes: