• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore has the most expensive car in the world, malaysia is 2nd most expensive.

camry is sold less than 30K USD.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
How will they find out?

The passport will show or ICA records. I think likely if nothing goes wrong, it will be ok. But if maid is unhappy and complains or has an accident,fall etc in MY, then it could blow up into something big. MOM doesnt even toelrate the maid working in another house in SG.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The passport will show or ICA records. I think likely if nothing goes wrong, it will be ok. But if maid is unhappy and complains or has an accident,fall etc in MY, then it could blow up into something big. MOM doesnt even toelrate the maid working in another house in SG.

Off topic but need to get this off my chest... my previous helper - whom I had to send back because she was leaving home via the kitchen door at 1am and came home only at 5am for a couple of months before we busted her - is back in this country WITH A NEW NAME!! And the best part? She showed up at my place to check out my new helper and show off her new work permit to her other friends at the condo!! I am flabbergasted!!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got more illegal kaki indo in MY, run rd easier than in SG. :rolleyes: dun say i frighten u hor.. :p

u'll never know what your maid thinking abt../on her mind, simi tong tong.:cool: :wink:

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got more illegal kaki indo in MY, run rd easier than in SG. :rolleyes: dun say i frighten u hor.. :p

u'll never know what your maid thinking abt../on her mind, simi tong tong.:cool: :wink:

True lah but cannot live in fear all the time. I am aware of the potential risks, just need to manage those risks as best possible :biggrin:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off topic but need to get this off my chest... my previous helper - whom I had to send back because she was leaving home via the kitchen door at 1am and came home only at 5am for a couple of months before we busted her - is back in this country WITH A NEW NAME!! And the best part? She showed up at my place to check out my new helper and show off her new work permit to her other friends at the condo!! I am flabbergasted!!

I wonder how she slipped thru the cracks as finger printing would have shown she's been here before under a different name and I understand from my agent MOM doesnt allow that. perhaps you should report her.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats what i dun like. Maids can do anything and get away with it. Sometimes even the proof we have is never enough for the police/MOM.

Yet even if you scold them you can be in deep trouble for threatening them, for making them work else where, for depriving them sleep etc

Yet if they sleep whole day on the job finger will point to you ... ie., you did not give them sufficient rest.

Geez

Wish our govt could do something to protect us.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe that time no finger printing?

Or fingerprints are not Unique anymore lol...

Can report her... but if the gal has an axis to grind then she will report you as well.

Somehow this maid thingy is too traumatic....

Anyhow also can kena...

I wonder how she slipped thru the cracks as finger printing would have shown she's been here before under a different name and I understand from my agent MOM doesnt allow that. perhaps you should report her.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why transfer maids are the worst and those with prior knowledge of working in Spore are equally horrible though may not apply to all.

As you rightly said cant live in fear all the time. Else we kena panic attack and anxiety disorder.

Need to manage.

One of my wise friends once said " We only have 5-10 minutes to think of our maids. Yet the maids have the whole freakin day to think of screwing our backsides"

Best as you said manage the risks well.

I for one told my maids they dun need to come to MY can stay in SG whenever i go MY.

Guess what they replied.... They wanna go MY more than i wanna go there.

I bring my maids on all my trips wherever i go. I told them they dun need to come if they dun wanna join.

Money does not grow on trees and that i am better off saving money. To which they replied they really wanna come along.

And one of them even told me to make sure i apply her visa which just expired to get it before my weekly sojourn there.

So guess as long as we manage it well its ok.

In addition im sure MOM is aware that a few Sporeans have ppty in MY and would potentially bring their maids there. So its not that MOM is not aware.

Its just that we must not kena bad luck.

True lah but cannot live in fear all the time. I am aware of the potential risks, just need to manage those risks as best possible :biggrin:

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be reporting to MOM about my ex helper...it would be too much hassle and I have enough things to do at work and at home as it is. I just pity her new employer...hopefully they will have better luck with her than me.

Bro Gardener - You are right re the helper being enthusiastic about the move :smile: Let's hope she keeps the enthusiasm!

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol. Ur right

I'm glad you raised a serious issue for discussion, which most of us won't raise.

Thank you.

And I also liked d part where u said can't always live in fear.

Bro Gardener - You are right re the helper being enthusiastic about the move :smile: Let's hope she keeps the enthusiasm!

Last edited:

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property cooling measures affecting entire Malaysia. Effective 1 May 2014, foreigners can only purchase properties above RM1 million* in Malaysia.However, projects that had already received its development order (DO) approval will be exempted. This means foreigners can still buy below the minimum purchase price for projects that have already been launched even after 1 May 2014.