• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Mummymoo. I din know this was possible for helpers.

Thank you again.

My pleasure!

Also, be sure to present the helper's work permit to the MY immigration officer when you present her passport everytime she crosses the border. This shows that the helper is not seeking employment in Malaysia bec the assumption is that she is already employed in Singapore.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saves me a lot of pages in their pp and the hassle of visiting their embassy when run out of pages.

Thanks again.

My pleasure!

Also, be sure to present the helper's work permit to the MY immigration officer when you present her passport everytime she crosses the border. This shows that the helper is not seeking employment in Malaysia bec the assumption is that she is already employed in Singapore.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you considered getting MAC for her? Just to avoid multiple stamps in her passport. I just applied for my helper last weekend. I had to be present because I am her registered employer and they needed to see the helper's work permit and my passport to verify. Once that's done, we paid RM30 and she got her MAC. The only thing is to make sure she doesn't overstay her 30-day visa so we need to make sure we know when to bring her out of the country before bringing her back in again.

I am loving the part-time maid idea, to be honest. But our family situation right now requires full time help so we'll have to bear with it until such time when we can either hire local or go part-time.

Thanks Mummymoo....but if I do not apply for MM2H like you, can I still apply for MACs for my helper?

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mummymoo....but if I do not apply for MM2H like you, can I still apply for MACs for my helper?

The MAC application is separate from my MM2H application so I don't see why you can't apply for your helper. In fact, I didn't mention MM2H or anything to the immigration officer there. However, because MAC is for "frequent travellers" to Malaysia via the two road links, your helper must already have at least 4 stamps in a month in her passport before they would process MAC. I know this because my helper did not have the required 4 stamps when I first tried to apply, I had to bring her in and out four times in the following two weeks before I tried successfully the second time around :biggrin:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MAC application is separate from my MM2H application so I don't see why you can't apply for your helper. In fact, I didn't mention MM2H or anything to the immigration officer there. However, because MAC is for "frequent travellers" to Malaysia via the two road links, your helper must already have at least 4 stamps in a month in her passport before they would process MAC. I know this because my helper did not have the required 4 stamps when I first tried to apply, I had to bring her in and out four times in the following two weeks before I tried successfully the second time around :biggrin:

Thanks Mummymoo...you have been very helpful!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder if we'll have problems from MOM if they find out the domestic worker has been going to MY regularly. According to their terms, the FDW can only be deployed to work in the registered address. If the trip is once in a blue moon like 2 or 3 times a year I dont think it'll be a problem, but what if its a few times a month?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is an issue and I dunno what's the real solution to it.

I guess if ur maids treasure working for you, no such issues will crop up.

otherwise must watch out.

honestly I dun c many Singaporeans bringing their maids tho my observation may be incorrect

I wonder if we'll have problems from MOM if they find out the domestic worker has been going to MY regularly. According to their terms, the FDW can only be deployed to work in the registered address. If the trip is once in a blue moon like 2 or 3 times a year I dont think it'll be a problem, but what if its a few times a month?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

How will they find out?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all I'm not sure if that's illegal.

Assuming it's illegal lots of ways MOM can find out.
1) ur maid can squeal
2) even if ur maid does not wish to squeal her friend(s) can squeal.
3) for myanmar maids their agents in myanmar are hyperactive and may squeal
4) ur disgruntled neighbour in Spore may squeal
5) ur disgruntled spore neighbour in MY may squeal.
6) ur nice friends at office/church/relatives may squeal.

You hv no idea who wants to create trouble for you.

And since you hv no idea, no point in trying to be Nice to anyone.

just be extra nice to ur maid yet be firm and she will deliver you out of trouble.

Once a case is filed at Mom it's no joke and a lot of stress since our dear govt is protective about them.

How will they find out?

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried the CW bus from Boon Lay? Kindly share your experience, especially what is the frequency and if it is always jam-packed.
Thanks

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Camry quite a gd deal, boz new altis launched today maybe. Test drive at tebrau city. :p on top of tat, can see see 12's house.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
150k - 13k down payment rebate. Key-less. After test dive e car, dun feel like driving other models. Fun. Freehold.:p

2.0E car sell price is 145k
2.0G is 153k.
2.5V is 174k.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
150k - 13k down payment rebate. Key-less. After test dive e car, dun feel like driving other models. Fun. Freehold.:p

2.0E car sell price is 145k
2.0G is 153k.
2.5V is 174k.

not bad after convert.. but check first subsale price.. 4-5 yr camry maybe 1/2 price oni. even more worth. i seldom buy car from 'developer'. :smile: :smile: