• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renouncing PR and SRS withdrawal

Pager

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://forum.singaporeexpats.com/v...&sid=b5dd6626b8d7051a505852df2a47ba98#p881677

Hi,

I am an EP holder aged 40. Living in SG for 7 years with wife, who is pregnant - expected delivery (a son) in a couple of months.

We plan to move back to our home country in 7-8 years. Definitely not planning to retire in SG.

We want to apply for PR in Singapore for job security and lower taxes on property purchase.
I am also thinking of opening an SRS account (with DBS) to save on taxes.

A few questions - assuming we will get PR when we apply:
- Do I need to be physically present in Singapore at the retirement age to withdraw from SRS account? I will certainly be back in my home country by then
- I will need to renounce my son’s PR (and perhaps be forced to renounce my own PR too) when we inevitably move back to home country in a few years. Would the government allow me to return to SG post retirement (on a tourist visa) to collect my SRS funds?
- Does it make sense to apply for our PR right away (before the child’s birth), and have my son live with us on DP?

Samsters, can please help this foreign leeches sherlock101 at SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hail the great PAP and all the foreign talent flooding the country so we can sacrifice our lives to protect them until they run road to their homeland