• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 1st timer, try to go for new one from e developers tat tcss here. Boz all will hug n die together..wahaha.. no la, if we stay together we survive!

Buy resale hse is more risky if u r a newbie..
950k think can try adda height chao chao.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 1st timer, try to go for new one from e developers tat tcss here. Boz all will hug n die together..wahaha.. no la, if we stay together we survive!

Buy resale hse is more risky if u r a newbie..
950k think can try adda height chao chao.

1M+ for adda height (grey stone). the cheaper intermediate lot one sold out.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanted to quote 710k. L@L.

But, quality better n new.

yah the house nice and big. cluster house 34x 70 like dat. when i bot my (SEC) house, addaheigth was launch at about 800k. very nice park in front of grey stone.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
1M+ for adda height (grey stone). the cheaper intermediate lot one sold out.

Bro Malpaso, in the spirit of CNY, I am also open to the idea of selling my (34 x 85) at a (ahem) bargain price of RM 968K next year. I can do cheaper for you or your friends, if we cut out the agent fees. Location is arguably better than Adda Heights right? Hahaha......

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Malpaso, in the spirit of CNY, I am also open to the idea of selling my (34 x 85) at a (ahem) bargain price of RM 968K next year. I can do cheaper for you or your friends, if we cut out the agent fees. Location is arguably better than Adda Heights right? Hahaha......

oh CNY spirit eh? wah, very generous indeed. I thought you were only asking 800k+? Inflation, is it? :smile: :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh CNY spirit eh? wah, very generous indeed. I thought you were only asking 800k+? Inflation, is it? :smile: :smile:

Cant be 800k lah.....880k was still possible then, but after deducting legal fees, 30% RPGT, bank loan interests, there's nothing much left leh unless its ard RM 950K mark (assuming no agent fees) and taking into consideration, the last 6 months strong price movements for JB landed...... haha....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant be 800k lah.....880k was still possible then, but after deducting legal fees, 30% RPGT, bank loan interests, there's nothing much left leh unless its ard RM 950K mark (assuming no agent fees) and taking into consideration, the last 6 months strong price movements for JB landed...... haha....

kekeke. oh , like that calculate hor. makes sense. this one is your 'investment' house, right?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
kekeke. oh , like that calculate hor. makes sense. this one is your 'investment' house, right?

Yes it is. But like you, I haven't actually decided to rent out or sub-sale..... A fair bit of work is needed to turn it into rentable condition though. That's the downside with landed.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it is. But like you, I haven't actually decided to rent out or sub-sale..... A fair bit of work is needed to turn it into rentable condition though. That's the downside with landed.

i'm keeping mine for own use for the first few years.. my little adventure there.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, we r considering moving to JB and working in Sg. Would like to ask if we can bring our Sg maid over on a social visit pass and let her stamp her passport to renew her visit pass so that she can work for us without applying for MM2H. If not possible, can we then hire a parttime maid without MM2H?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, we r considering moving to JB and working in Sg. Would like to ask if we can bring our Sg maid over on a social visit pass and let her stamp her passport to renew her visit pass so that she can work for us without applying for MM2H. If not possible, can we then hire a parttime maid without MM2H?

Part time maid definitely doable. Quite a few of my neighbours and myself are already using part time maids without MM2H. Lots of agencies doing services like that.

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part time maid definitely doable. Quite a few of my neighbours and myself are already using part time maids without MM2H. Lots of agencies doing services like that.

Thanks for yr quick reply, wuqi256! May I know how much the local parttime maids charge and if u have any recommendation?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you considered getting MAC for her? Just to avoid multiple stamps in her passport. I just applied for my helper last weekend. I had to be present because I am her registered employer and they needed to see the helper's work permit and my passport to verify. Once that's done, we paid RM30 and she got her MAC. The only thing is to make sure she doesn't overstay her 30-day visa so we need to make sure we know when to bring her out of the country before bringing her back in again.

I am loving the part-time maid idea, to be honest. But our family situation right now requires full time help so we'll have to bear with it until such time when we can either hire local or go part-time.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'll run road at night in MY if i were her, big house to clean. pai tan..:biggrin:

Choyyy!

But there will be two helpers in the house because my SIL family is also staying together with us and she has her helper too, so it won't be so bad lah.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generally the helpers are ok if u take good care of them and find a way to connect with them.

I bring both of them on all my vacations and holidays.

One of them has previously experienced two other Spore employers and she find s a huge relief.

One of them use to lock her up and not even allow her to open windows as crazy as that may sound.

I buy fire works for them to play/bring them out for movies when we watch/ essentially treat Them as family members.

charity begins at home right? so why not with them?

They get to do practically everything we do/experience sans alcohol.

We even play badminton/tennis together.

And they get the first picks from our garden whole payas, guavas, passion fruits, bananas, guavas, kangkong, chillies etc.

There are so many other things we do for them ..even more valuable n significant than described above..... but then this may bore everyone

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Mummymoo. I din know this was possible for helpers.

Thank you again.

Have you considered getting MAC for her? Just to avoid multiple stamps in her passport. I just applied for my helper last weekend. I had to be present because I am her registered employer and they needed to see the helper's work permit and my passport to verify. Once that's done, we paid RM30 and she got her MAC. The only thing is to make sure she doesn't overstay her 30-day visa so we need to make sure we know when to bring her out of the country before bringing her back in again.

I am loving the part-time maid idea, to be honest. But our family situation right now requires full time help so we'll have to bear with it until such time when we can either hire local or go part-time.