• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Johnewbie

Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

I suggest you look at "New Developments to share" thread...
& also the "bros/sis who have purchased properties in JB" thread.
But I have a feeling that 500-700k budget means that you can forget about NEW landed project at Nusajaya because they are now launching the higher end houses. Resale still got chance.

Hi Bro Aisanbo,

Thanks for your reply. Any suggested projects for the "resale still got chance"? I'm ok with subsale too.

Johnewbie

I suggest you look at "New Developments to share" thread...
& also the "bros/sis who have purchased properties in JB" thread.
But I have a feeling that 500-700k budget means that you can forget about NEW landed project at Nusajaya because they are now launching the higher end houses. Resale still got chance.

Thanks Bro Aisanbo. Any suggested projects you mentioned in "resale still got chance"? And I somehow can't find the "bros/sis have purchased properties in JB" thread. Is it merged or deleted?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Bro Aisanbo. Any suggested projects you mentioned in "resale still got chance"? And I somehow can't find the "bros/sis have purchased properties in JB" thread. Is it merged or deleted?

Sorry ah it should be " List of members with property/ies in Iskandar Malaysia."

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propert...&trlon=&bllat=&bllon=&zm=&wv=&wa=&pg=1&sby=ap

Setia Tropika, Bandar Dato onn (Woodlands )
Horizon Hills, Nusa Idaman, (Tuas)
These are resale landed terrace and maybe still within 700k budget and possible for daily travel to Sg. (and only limited to what I know of course)

Taman Laguna - (Woodlands and Tuas possible)
This is new project and not sure if they had sold out the international lots.

For condo, there's plenty of choices below 700k but depends on how big you want. Pricewise probably from RM450-700psf....my guess.
There's a google map link somewhere showing the list of condo in JB....

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a useful thread. And popular too. So many posts some more.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry ah it should be " List of members with property/ies in Iskandar Malaysia."

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propert...&trlon=&bllat=&bllon=&zm=&wv=&wa=&pg=1&sby=ap

These are resale landed terrace and maybe still within 700k budget and possible for daily travel to Sg. (and only limited to what I know of course)

For condo, there's plenty of choices below 700k but depends on how big you want. Pricewise probably from RM450-700psf....my guess.

Additional information:-
Setia Tropika- subsale link terraces at $585 still have but have to try nego and wait a month for agent to come back with lower quote. Do not buy subsale in rush.(i saw a new caranday advert at $650 but i did not offer, later a mth agent come back to me at $585k but i decide to get fm NI developer to save hassle n fees)
Bandar Dato onn - maybe still have balance lot around $500plus k but not sure quota exceeded.
Horizon Hills - $718k onwards for the green if still available as at july'12
Nusa Idaman- new launch apt, east lake terraces fully sold. Have to wait for west lake terraces nxt yr or get subsale,precint 8a get keys nxt mth.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Privileged banking? HSBC, Citibank, UOB

Just be very careful of HSBC Premier Service to transfer directly from Singapore to Malaysia account. Total rip off. I used it initilally. The service is free (no service charge) and the transfer is instant. However, exchange rates are pathetic. I followed up with HSBC to figure out what was going on. Initially, I was ignored then I reached out to the management. They admitted that their exchange rates were not the best, even for large amounts.

If you are in a rush, my suggestion is to wire the money directly into the developers account. If they bank with local banks, like Maybank, the exchange rate will be quite good.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can use remitance co. Better rate than money changer rate at S$9 (TP)or $10 (Jurong point)service charge per transaction.Sgporean a max RM $10k per transaction to own account in overseas. Some bank a day clearance and some bank 2 days. Purchase a Bank draft at RM2.50 for developer. Save a lot .

All the bank rate lower than money changer for sure.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can use remitance co. Better rate than money changer rate at S$9 (TP)or $10 (Jurong point)service charge per transaction.Sgporean a max RM $10k per transaction to own account in overseas. Some bank a day clearance and some bank 2 days. Purchase a Bank draft at RM2.50 for developer. Save a lot .

All the bank rate lower than money changer for sure.

Thanks! The problem is the RM10K limit. Can they issue bank drafts over 10K?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thx 4 e info. Have not had chance 2 use e privileged banking, only know they exist

Just be very careful of HSBC Premier Service to transfer directly from Singapore to Malaysia account. Total rip off. I used it initilally. The service is free (no service charge) and the transfer is instant. However, exchange rates are pathetic. I followed up with HSBC to figure out what was going on. Initially, I was ignored then I reached out to the management. They admitted that their exchange rates were not the best, even for large amounts.

If you are in a rush, my suggestion is to wire the money directly into the developers account. If they bank with local banks, like Maybank, the exchange rate will be quite good.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes.. After transfer to Msia accounts. Any amount brank draft should be able. $2.50 for a bank draft charge. In sg s$5 per pc.

No choice , remit 5-6 times.

Last edited:

Johnewbie

Additional information:-
Setia Tropika- subsale link terraces at $585 still have but have to try nego and wait a month for agent to come back with lower quote. Do not buy subsale in rush.(i saw a new caranday advert at $650 but i did not offer, later a mth agent come back to me at $585k but i decide to get fm NI developer to save hassle n fees)
Bandar Dato onn - maybe still have balance lot around $500plus k but not sure quota exceeded.
Horizon Hills - $718k onwards for the green if still available as at july'12
Nusa Idaman- new launch apt, east lake terraces fully sold. Have to wait for west lake terraces nxt yr or get subsale,precint 8a get keys nxt mth.

Thanks a lot bro Aisanbo and Booga. Very appreciate your help. Will slowly dig out all the information :biggrin:. I plan to visit JB tomorrow and have a look at some projects mentioned. Sure will "disturb" you more later haha j/k.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Np , johnewbie. Sunday, mon might be closed as "hari Raya" .
For subsale you can check iproperty.com.my
Good luck! Do update us on ur new buy if any :smile:

Last edited:

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which will you buy? Condo near CIQ or condo near 2nd link for investment?

just want to find out if anyone can share why UEM cannot pay quit rent on time, so that foreign buyer have no problem applying for state consent. My state consent simply took very long,now coming to 6 months already,thanks

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

just want to find out if anyone can share why UEM cannot pay quit rent on time, so that foreign buyer have no problem applying for state consent. My state consent simply took very long,now coming to 6 months already,thanks

u bought ni right ? my state consent was cleared in 3 mths time ...may i know which month u bought ? i bought in last nov n seems no prob with uem payments on quit rent.
did u pay e levy first ? i insisted not to pay first as it payable to lawyer name ...
so once i received the approval letter then i issued cheque to lawyer.

also i thought u mentioned in july uem already paid quit rent n resubmit state consent again ?

Last edited:

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

u bought ni right ? my state consent was cleared in 3 mths time ...may i know which month u bought ? i bought in last nov n seems no prob with uem payments on quit rent.
did u pay e levy first ? i insisted not to pay first as it payable to lawyer name ...

also i thought u mentioned in july uem already paid quit rent n resubmit state consent again ?

Yes I bought NI 7B in Feb 2012 and pay the state consent and sign S&P on 19-02-2012 at the same time.The last time I email to UEM said resubmit, but I call them on 29-07-2012,they say still processing.Don't know what they r doing.Total I have already paid them 20% of the purchase price liao.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I signed the SPA for the unit I bought in SEG, the lawyer was present and I paid the state consent application fees to the lawyer at the same time. An official reciept for the payment from the lawyer's company was issued, so I did not think much of it then. Thankfully, the application went through quite smoothly and I received the approval letter after about 2 months or so.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I signed the SPA for the unit I bought in SEG, the lawyer was present and I paid the state consent application fees to the lawyer at the same time. An official reciept for the payment from the lawyer's company was issued, so I did not think much of it then. Thankfully, the application went through quite smoothly and I received the approval letter after about 2 months or so.

You are very lucky your development have no problem about the quit rent thing.I heard NI got a few purchaser also got this state consent delayed.

jamesandjosie

couple looking to move to Leisure Farm

Good Morning

My wife and I (Philippina and British) are shortly going to relocate from Abu Dhabi in the Middle East to JB. We have viewed several properties and have narrowed down to LF or HH. We truly like LF and have found a very nice Bungalow on Polo View however i have a few questions and was hoping for some feedback from anyone who resides in this area. Sorry for the questions and appreciate your help:smile:

1. What is the internet connection like in this area, are there any issues?
2. If anyone knows what the traveling time is from LF to Singapore Airport?
3. Are there any restaurants in LF or close by, anywhere a thirsty man (and his wife) can get a beer?
4. Can we get a taxi into JB if we want or does anyone know if its possible to hire a driver?
5. Any other general advise you can help with.

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

James and Josie

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: couple looking to move to Leisure Farm

My replies inline, this should be posted in the newbie question page as some of the questions has been asked and answered many times previously. Good choice for LF though:

Good Morning

My wife and I (Philippina and British) are shortly going to relocate from Abu Dhabi in the Middle East to JB. We have viewed several properties and have narrowed down to LF or HH. We truly like LF and have found a very nice Bungalow on Polo View however i have a few questions and was hoping for some feedback from anyone who resides in this area. Sorry for the questions and appreciate your help:smile:

LF is a matured estate and should have Streamyx (ADSL type), not sure about Unifi for LF but i am sure its coming soon if not already. HH has Streamyx and Unifi. If all fails, one can get wireless broadband (Celcom, U) etc as well.

2. If anyone knows what he traveling time is from LF to Singapore Airport?
If by 2nd link, probably an hour or 1.5 hours. Cater for 2 hours max just in case though i am pretty sure it will be lesser than that.

3. Are there any restaurants in LF or close by, anywhere a thirsty man (and his wife) can get a beer?

Gelang Patah town and area already has some, you can go to Puteri Harbour as well as there is a small pub there.
Else head to Bukit Indah, there is a new pub "library" there as well as other pubs like Legato, etc.

4. Can we get a taxi into JB if we want or does anyone know if its possible to hire a driver?
Easy, go to Rochor taxi stand (near to Bugis)normally about 40 SGD to go in, there are also
numbers to dial to hire a driver(also about 40 SGD one way).

Always make sure though, when hiring a driver, to have some sort of card from him to say that
he is a hired driver. Not so essential when coming into JB but when leaving JB, its better to get
yourself covered just in case. There is also a taxi stand still in the first link where one can get
a cab direct into SG.

Newbie question pages, essential numbers page will be good places to start with.

James and Josie

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: couple looking to move to Leisure Farm

congratulations of the wise choice...

1) Internet connection from local telcos- no problem.. Fast enough for you to watch video.. Free internet access at the club house.

2) From LF to Singapore Airport.. (by 2nd link, 35-40min to reach and clear Singapore custom from LF or from HH). Another 40km from Tuas to Singapore Airport.

3) For beers, restaurants.. I suggest you consider HH.. Nearer to Bukit Indah, Jusco where there are a few new drinking places (including the one called Library where you drink rather than read)

4) I am sure there are reliable taxi and transport services.. Need to search the threads.. or others can advise.

5) During non peak hour, you can reach Singapore East Coast by causeway 1 (or first link) within 50min.. You could reach Singapore Airport probably within 60 to 70min during non peak..

6) Cinemas, restaurants, supermarkets, saloon etc are all around the Jusco area..

Good Morning

2. If anyone knows what the traveling time is from LF to Singapore Airport?

James and Josie