• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Seeking objective opinions

That's y I suggest he take up the loan with Public Bank. Or he use his parents name for the JB house.......

There are another 2 ways to do this. To those who will succeed, they will overcome despite the odds. To those who cannot, even if you point them, drive them there and helped them save a lump sum, they will still gladly take out a gun and shoot themselves in the foot.

Then they spend all their time justifying to themselves why they are glad they didn't buy (defects, etc), then finally after making so many excuses, they settle for something they can afford.

My experience so far, those who are able to do it are those you give bare directions to and they find themselves to JPO, factories, etc. Those you have to give them all the details, handhold them and help them to the extent that; instead of thanking you for your time and sacrifice on a weekend, they turn around and asked how much commissions are you getting.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. I will choose option 2. As we reach mid life we tend to look for better quality in life. I want more space with family and my own car :smile:.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are another 2 ways to do this. To those who will succeed, they will overcome despite the odds. To those who cannot, even if you point them, drive them there and helped them save a lump sum, they will still gladly take out a gun and shoot themselves in the foot.

Then they spend all their time justifying to themselves why they are glad they didn't buy (defects, etc), then finally after making so many excuses, they settle for something they can afford.

My experience so far, those who are able to do it are those you give bare directions to and they find themselves to JPO, factories, etc. Those you have to give them all the details, handhold them and help them to the extent that; instead of thanking you for your time and sacrifice on a weekend, they turn around and asked how much commissions are you getting.

Just have to agree with this.

And to borrow the phrase from the Emigration thread in Sammyboy;

"The cowards never started and the weak died along the way."

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, right. As i mentioned, it is difficult or even no way to revert to Malaysian citizen once surrender.Besides, the purchasing of HDB and JB house as suggested also not feasible due to the new HDB ruling.

Why would one want to give up the Malaysian citizenship and be a Singaporean?

Join the rest of the FTs; be a Singapore PR and move on when you have made enough $$$.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

A few of my friends gave up MC few yrs ago & regretted. They also wanna buy Msia property now. Earn S$ can pay off Msia property faster than HDB in Sg and no commitment later.

Last edited:

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal

A few if my friends gave up MC few yrs ago & regretted. They also wanna buy Msia property now. Earn S$ can pay off Msia property faster than HDB in Sg and no commitment later.

Not only Msians. Have few Chinese Indonesian friends. Although they know they are being discriminated in their country, they are also not willing to renounce their Indo Citizenship.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which will you buy? Condo near CIQ or condo near 2nd link for investment?

Hi all,

need to consolidate some things here.

pls share your expert opinions and views and recommended condos (availability, facilities, overall price and pfs and potential tenants etc). Budget around MYR500,000+.

Thanks.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

A few if my friends gave up MC few yrs ago & regretted. They also wanna buy Msia property now. Earn S$ can pay off Msia property faster than HDB in Sg and no commitment later.

Still learning about the Malaysian property industry.

I have Malaysian friends who have moved into Kuala Lumpur and Penang. If you pick the right locations, the returns are better than Singapore's.

Many are casting their eyes on Sungai Buloh, site of the next major MRT extension.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not only Msians. Have few Chinese Indonesian friends. Although they know they are being discriminated in their country, they are also not willing to renounce their Indo Citizenship.

Because you can still get around Indonesia with $$$ but not in Singapore.
Singapore has limited upside; Indonesia is still a place with many opportunities.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be looking for condo OR landed near Tuas/2nd link

Hi all,

I may be looking for a condo or landed near Tuas / 2nd link for investment and/or future own staying purposes

Pls recommend

Primary criteria will be based on the following

1) SECURITY - Must be G n G

2) Accessiblity - Pls recommend any condo / landed with private bus / shuttle bus etc etc to reach JE / Boon Lay interchange in Singapore. I do not have a vehicle at my residence so this is a problem. I know there's bukit indah bus interchange etc but if the house needs walking distance to the bus stop, I must be sure it will be safe.

3) Budget in the region of MYR500,000 - MYR600,000 (need not be a big house. Condo between 600+ to 800+ square feet. Landed between 1,500 - 2,000 sq ft)

4) Need info on availability, overall price and psf

5) Need to rent out in the event I do not stay there. So potential for renting out must be there.

Thank you

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which will you buy? Condo near CIQ or condo near 2nd link for investment?

pulai view

Hi Pulai View looks old in appearance. Selling point is the price I guess..

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking for something that I will like (I esp like those architecture similar to EcoCity in KL etc), but of course, I know I'll be paying a premium...

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Need advice on upcoming super launches in jb

Like what Bro Mingchye mentioned, you should zero down on your preference; landed or condos.

Apart from those that you mentioned, there are additional condo projects like:

Nusa Heights (near Gelang Patah and Educity) which is going at around RM 400+ psf

Sky Suites @ Meldrum Hills (in JB centre and in front of the new MRT centre or so they claimed) which is around RM 650+ psf

Then there's Twin Galaxy (http://www.twingalaxy.com.my/usr/page.aspx?pgid=1) which I don't have much information but included the link for your reference.

Happy shopping!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

hi, I went to Nusa Heights website and there's no contact number and/or email address???

http://www.nusaheights.com.my/contact.html

Any shuttle bus from there to Singapore directly? Security outside the condo is a major criteria to me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Need advice on upcoming super launches in jb

hi, I went to Nusa Heights website and there's no contact number and/or email address???

http://www.nusaheights.com.my/contact.html

Any shuttle bus from there to Singapore directly? Security outside the condo is a major criteria to me.

You can look for Esther i think. CW3 stops directly in front of the condo. Thats likely what they like to do as they never like to advertise much. I would think about 15 to 30 meters away from the main gate and probably there will be fellow residents waiting and alighting daily.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Because you can still get around Indonesia with $$$ but not in Singapore.
Singapore has limited upside; Indonesia is still a place with many opportunities.

Very true, I think Indonesia has lots of potential too, keep the rupiah. :smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indonesia has a very young demographics. Land titles now does not favor foreigners but Govt is trying to open up. If you are an Indonesian, it is good time to own some land.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: May be looking for condo OR landed near Tuas/2nd link

Hi all,

I may be looking for a condo or landed near Tuas / 2nd link for investment and/or future own staying purposes

Pls recommend

Primary criteria will be based on the following

1) SECURITY - Must be G n G

2) Accessiblity - Pls recommend any condo / landed with private bus / shuttle bus etc etc to reach JE / Boon Lay interchange in Singapore. I do not have a vehicle at my residence so this is a problem. I know there's bukit indah bus interchange etc but if the house needs walking distance to the bus stop, I must be sure it will be safe.

3) Budget in the region of MYR500,000 - MYR600,000 (need not be a big house. Condo between 600+ to 800+ square feet. Landed between 1,500 - 2,000 sq ft)

4) Need info on availability, overall price and psf

5) Need to rent out in the event I do not stay there. So potential for renting out must be there.

Thank you

Hello Bro Freedom2005sg

2) Your best bet will be CW3 as it goes by the nearest town (Gelang Patah) to Singapore.

3) Nusa Heights is available for MYR500K and is a 3-bedder with 1004sq ft.

4) Running out fast with less than 30% choice units left.

5) TOP only in 2015, so some more way to go.

If you are looking for more immediate ones for rental, maybe you could look at Impiana or Ujana (next to Nusajaya Centre at East Ledang).

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: May be looking for condo OR landed near Tuas/2nd link

Hello Bro Freedom2005sg

2) Your best bet will be CW3 as it goes by the nearest town (Gelang Patah) to Singapore.

3) Nusa Heights is available for MYR500K and is a 3-bedder with 1004sq ft.

4) Running out fast with less than 30% choice units left.

5) TOP only in 2015, so some more way to go.

If you are looking for more immediate ones for rental, maybe you could look at Impiana or Ujana (next to Nusajaya Centre at East Ledang).

Hi, how much is Impiana or Ujana.

I think Nusa Heights is nearest to Singapore in terms of journey time? CW3 drops at Nusa Heights?

What about the bus route for Impiana and Ujana?

Thanks.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha, yes that's been my experience too. That said, the power of our SG media is pretty amazing. So many Singaporeans dont even dare to step foot in JB. I often get lines of "mad to visit JB", "JB property is a dead end" etc from tertiary educated friends, even those who have worked overseas in New York and Sydney.....