• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh where did you hear about his plight? I was of the impression he is doing ok. But he is quite resourceful, printing calendars and all that for sale (i bought one :smile:) There is only one person who did this. He also has a few horses in his farm and some groups in SG organises excursion to the farm which is like a little zoo. Apart from him there is a Johorean who operated a shelter like him, but she is in a worse state. My respects to these people for the sacrifice they make, i support them where i can occasionally.

The move of Noah's Ark out from Singapore is a long and sorry tale. Malu for Singapore.
Raymund the founder of Noah's Ark is a glorious eccentric, now with 850 dogs and 500 cats, a three legged monkey, some horses and a growing number of rabbits and the odd rescue of a civet cat, some discarded pythons .... in a true sanctuary extremely well run, in Ulu Choh near Pekan Nanas. Not hard to get to, and when they organize visits it is a super visit from Singapore. Drop in visitors are not welcome because the doggies run freely around and there is so much work in cleaning, organizing and feeding. But when the sanctuary is open to visitors you will get your fill of petting cats and dogs. Utterly marvellous for animal lovers.

It has been and will probably always be a huge struggle to keep the sanctuary going: fund raising is hell. Staff has to be paid, the cost of feed monthly is phenomenal. Raymund is organized and practical and still it is Very Hard Work. There are many formerly abused and abandoned dogs and cats - you see several three legged dogs, one-eyed cats and other survivors and rescued fellows. The saddest case of a survivor I saw was a cat with no tail and one eye from abuse as a kitten. But there are far more horrific stories that Raymund can tell, and truly tansi, such dedication and commitment is wondrous to behold.

Raymund has slaved to get Singapore authorities to wake up to allowing cats in HDB flats and pursue sterilization of strays there. He has another huge task in helping with education of kindness to animals in Malaysia and to work with vets and the SPCA in the various states to promote sterilization.

The website is below. No one person can solve this problem, and none of us has that much money to donate. But maybe we can each give a little?

http://www.nanasanctuary.blogspot.com/

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he is a great man... it is utter shame that SG authorities make all decisions on the basis of dollars and cents. At the very least they should have offered a "less prime" location such as those Lim Chu Kang areas. It is really like a beautiful dream quashed. But kudos to the man for his perseverance.

A less resourceful equivalent of him will be a lady known as "aunty jiajia" a local Johorean. She has some help from global pets and i do make a point to drop in some donation whenever i'm there. However, it seems her location is a little hard to get to... need to drive through a palm oil plantation... something like that.

To be very honest i am not an animal lover... i only love my own dog... but my wife has quite soft spot for poor strays :smile:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
from a lady pastor who shares a common passion to save stray pets. She knows the guy for years and she disclosed his plight when I was considering paying misc fees to bring strays to the guy's farm in johor. I had bought calenders etc but I believe the cost of operation is way high, talking about 1000+- pets. The horses could be those too old to continue in horsing racing and nowhere in sg can horses retire to a green pasture. Besides dear sg are not fond of horse meat.
Nursing homes, either for folks or pets, are likely to be an abandoning ground used by people, rich or poor.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, are you getting the vacumm cleaner or the robot mop?

I have 2 of those. Shipped those back from the US when I moved back. 2 problems/limitations.

It is good only for light vacuuming jobs - like daily runs of the robot. Also the battery lifespan. Mine last less than 2 years and the costs of replacement battery pack is expensive. I think was like 250 SGD for a new battery. Changed 1 year ago and now it is a matter of time the battery clonks. I have read if you know someone who can repair/replace battery pack, you can do it for less than half the price of a new battery.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Any one knows any convenient place where I can get prepaid mobile phone and broadband SIMs card in Nusajaya? Can I get it at Petrol station?
Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,
Any one knows any convenient place where I can get prepaid mobile phone and broadband SIMs card in Nusajaya? Can I get it at Petrol station?
Cheers

You can get them at booths easily at most Tesco and Jusco, if you are in Bukit Indah area. Carrefour has a lot of shops too. Not sure for Petrol Stations though.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can get them at booths easily at most Tesco and Jusco, if you are in Bukit Indah area. Carrefour has a lot of shops too. Not sure for Petrol Stations though.

Thanks Wuqi.. Wish to meet you guys one day for coffee or drinks at HH... Lots of things in my mind.. How you guys watch TV? Install Astro or find someone who can install satellite dish?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling all HH guys,

i was offered 600k for a sub sale newer intermediate cluster terrace at HH (GOLF) and was looking to jump right into it.
kindly offer some advise n opinions on the price n location..
what should i look out for?
Thanks!

Hi Fc3s1,
Since the clusters in the hills are going for 928k onwards, I guess 600k is a good bargain...even though it is all your call and judgment.. I am please to see more countryman staying here and form a new community..
Rgds

TLPPL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi and all,

stumble across this thread while doing my research for relocating to Johor. Like many others, my push factor is the cost of living here in SG, and I had practically had given up on hope that my wages can keep up with the ever-raising minimum for survival.

The info here are exceptionally good and valuable, and I was attempting to read all in this thread so to understand the changes since Aug 2009. Unfortunately at 404 pages, I find it quite difficult to grasp the current situation, to serve my need. Hence I hope that some of my worries can be helped by someone that frequent this thread...

To put in perspective, I am seeking rental (not purchase, yet) and looking at Nusajaya area (HH, Ledang Height, East Ledang or nearby), for travelling via 2nd Link is faster to my current workplace in Boon Lay. My rental budget is only about 1k MYR/mth though, hence the first worry is whether there is available places in these area that is within my budget.

Also thru the few pages that I managed to look, the general sentiment is condo / apartment are not advisable (for the good reasons mentioned that I agreed). But I doubt there are landed place that fit in my budget. So the second worry is if there are any apartments in the Nusajaya area that I can seek out for my specified needs?

Really hope to hear from someone here. Thanks!

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Fc3s1,
Since the clusters in the hills are going for 928k onwards, I guess 600k is a good bargain...even though it is all your call and judgment.. I am please to see more countryman staying here and form a new community..
Rgds

Hi Fc3s1,
The alphabet soup of terrace houses are quite diverse in Iskandar. Got to make sure comparing right things...

HILLS Clusters mentioned of 928k are probably Terrace corner lots? (arsenal pls correct me if I am wrong)

Your question pertains to "intermediate cluster terrace at HH (GOLF)"

HILLS Intermediate Superlink Terraces (Type A & B) are going for 750k/700k..

I guess better clarify in order to make right decisions. Intermediate cluster means intermediate superlink terrace?

If in the end still not sure, can ask the HH Sales people for their opinion. But be careful the good experienced ones like Shinyi will try to convince you to buy a semi-D :smile:

mooksw

I am planning to buy a house in Johor. For rental income until I retire then take back for own stay.

Any good recommendation ?

Tku

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi.. Wish to meet you guys one day for coffee or drinks at HH... Lots of things in my mind.. How you guys watch TV? Install Astro or find someone who can install satellite dish?

We installed the normal antenna on top and got Astro to do the installation FOC for the satellite dish.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling all HH guys,

i was offered 600k for a sub sale newer intermediate cluster terrace at HH (GOLF) and was looking to jump right into it.
kindly offer some advise n opinions on the price n location..
what should i look out for?
Thanks!

which part of golf? Pingirran no? I used to look ard all of golf, if it's 5 or 6, it should be quite a good deal. 1) direction of house, 2) defects in house, 3) neighbours, 4) fengshui.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I learned from the HH sales, the Hill clusters start from 928K onwards... The corner units (few left) from 1.1M onwards..and many people are leaving their cheques to HH so to secure the new cluster batch once released..
Of course, price has shot up quite a lot..

Hi Fc3s1,
The alphabet soup of terrace houses are quite diverse in Iskandar. Got to make sure comparing right things...

HILLS Clusters mentioned of 928k are probably Terrace corner lots? (arsenal pls correct me if I am wrong)

Your question pertains to "intermediate cluster terrace at HH (GOLF)"

HILLS Intermediate Superlink Terraces (Type A & B) are going for 750k/700k..

I guess better clarify in order to make right decisions. Intermediate cluster means intermediate superlink terrace?

If in the end still not sure, can ask the HH Sales people for their opinion. But be careful the good experienced ones like Shinyi will try to convince you to buy a semi-D :smile:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi and all, stumble across this thread while doing my research for relocating to Johor. Like many others, my push factor is the cost of living here in SG, and I had practically had given up on hope that my wages can keep up with the ever-raising minimum for survival...To put in perspective, I am seeking rental (not purchase, yet) and looking at Nusajaya area (HH, Ledang Height, East Ledang or nearby), for travelling via 2nd Link is faster to my current workplace in Boon Lay. My rental budget is only about 1k MYR/mth though, hence the first worry is whether there is available places in these area that is within my budget....But I doubt there are landed place that fit in my budget. So the second worry is if there are any apartments in the Nusajaya area that I can seek out for my specified needs? ... Thanks!

Hi TLPPL
Nusajaya prices have gone through the roof, both sale and rental. If you are looking to rent a house - semi-D or terrace - look at Gelang Patah, Perling and Bukit Indah, where you may still find these at between RM$500 - $1000 a month. Singaporeans who are of the same mind are already renting these and living happily. The big concern is security - every conceivable precaution should be taken; get to know your neighbours and be helpful to them; do not be showy and show off; be sure you are dealing with the owner or the owner's appointed agent before parting with any money.
With luck and wisdom you are likely to be happier, at ease and less stressed, and certainly financially better off when you find the place that suits you to rent.
All good wishes

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he is a great man... it is utter shame that SG authorities make all decisions on the basis of dollars and cents. At the very least they should have offered a "less prime" location such as those Lim Chu Kang areas. It is really like a beautiful dream quashed. But kudos to the man for his perseverance.A less resourceful equivalent of him will be a lady known as "aunty jiajia" a local Johorean. She has some help from global pets and i do make a point to drop in some donation whenever i'm there. However, it seems her location is a little hard to get to... need to drive through a palm oil plantation... something like that....

It is not to say that Raymund operates in a vacuum. He's been at this for 20+ years [that alone is a wonder!] and has a committee in Singapore who are dedicated and hard working. STILL fund raising is a huge difficulty, as all charities face, while his front line activities I don't think anyone else can do.

To run such a large operation is not a bleeding heart matter. Now and then in Spore and Malaysia we read of some dear soul who has far too many underfed and underwashed cats or dogs or both in a stinking house/flat/yard - I see this as a good heart gone wrong, because we need to know our limits. Really, education and sterilization are the only answers. Education includes to adults who buy cute pets and later abandon them; people who keep dogs in cages all day in the sun or partial shade only to let them out as 'guards' at night etc etc

It says everything about a person and a nation as to how we treat animals ... there is no place for cruelty in a civilized society, not even to snakes let alone dogs.

TLPPL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mallow,

Thanks for the reply, apprieciate it.

About Gelang Patah, I came across the Nusa Perdana Apartment, which I am guessing is the only apartment in this area? Does anyone has any opinions (good or bad doesn't matter) about this place?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.