• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Contra, actually i shared that dream as well, this is definitely doable but we need locals, correct foundation for the business to be laid and the right group people to take care of this as its a full time business. Especially for certain crops like pineapple where even the presence of 1 single wild boar could lay months of hard work to waste. You will definitely also need a pick up, etc.

Hi Jasonjst, best way to try this and go in without much risk is to rent a piece of land for several years instead of buying, survey it and ensure that there are existing crops similar or what you want to grow and just try it out. That way you can always get out easily later without too much headaches.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra, actually i shared that dream as well, this is definitely doable but we need locals, correct foundation for the business to be laid and the right group people to take care of this as its a full time business. Especially for certain crops like pineapple where even the presence of 1 single wild boar could lay months of hard work to waste. You will definitely also need a pick up, etc.

Hi Jasonjst, best way to try this and go in without much risk is to rent a piece of land for several years instead of buying, survey it and ensure that there are existing crops similar or what you want to grow and just try it out. That way you can always get out easily later without too much headaches.

No lah actually farming is not my cup of tea lah, too much headaches , more like a collective idea that come out last night .
For personal biz , at most I go buy a shop and get rental .. as simple as that lor . Get rental from SG , come to
JB and live with the few Ks converted into RM . Do we need more than that to survive here in JB ?
Infact my shophouse in Bestari should be ready for rental as soon as next month lor , it is near the AliCafe , what do you think of that location ?

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wuqi, Very right. Do homework, know locals or wait & learn from experience until can self-consider to be local enough to venture into agriculture. I think running a non-agri business is less risky. Then again I am biased as I hate snakes :smile: You seem almost local by now with your vast reservoir of local knowledge & experiences ...

In my view, one mistake my dad made was to buy the land without direct access from any road (fact is it is not easy to find one that is next to a road nor directly accessible from an existing road). It was a speculation and urged on by his local 'friends' that someday a road will be made thru it, when development was supposed to come, which did not happen. (At the end of the day was his own responsibility). We always had to go thru someone else's land. Lucky they were nice people but who knows, their descendents could have been a 'holes who could have demanded toll. So you can imagine it would have been very lucky to have avoided any capital loss when trying to sell such a land. All in, was cheaper to have bought durians from the market .

As for form of commercial enterprise, LLP is unfortunately not yet existing in Malaysia but by the time forumers can come together, it might be ready ....As you know, right now only options are limited liability companies (sdn bhd), sole proprietor or partnership. All must still be registered with Registrar of companies but only sdn bhd need make the usual audited accounts etc.

Jason, I sometimes think over-analysis causes paralysis. After all, rewards come after taking risks. In this case however I would take wuqi's experience as a good advice as the risk does seem quite high.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No lah actually farming is not my cup of tea lah, too much headaches , more like a collective idea that come out last night .
For personal biz , at most I go buy a shop and get rental .. as simple as that lor . Get rental from SG , come to
JB and live with the few Ks converted into RM . Do we need more than that to survive here in JB ?
Infact my shophouse in Bestari should be ready for rental as soon as next month lor , it is near the AliCafe , what do you think of that location ?

Yes, its the easiest and if you have not much in the way of loans, then you can press the "retire" button and have an option to take the slower path. How long can one happily survive always being in the fast lane? Sometimes, one just likes to take it slow. Good for you Jasonjst, you already are there and this definitely will be a good yield neighbourhood. All set there. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
All good points there Contra, the road access was another thing we considered as well as squatters who could basically come and set fire if they are driven off, etc.
Yes LLP is not but reliable sources told me that 2 plus years after it was implemented in SG, its now being considered seriously here in MY although its still not confirmed and its likely that mainly only professionals would opt for it. Sdn Bhd needs resolutions, minutes, as well as audits and even the incorporation and winding up is more problematic and withdrawal of nominees/directors is a long drawn process without the right assistance.

Jason, I would still say to go ahead as long as you gather a few good guys whom you can trust each other and get all the foundation done up, don't let me stop you, i am just the friendly guy at the exit with the green light on top of him asking if you have checked your chute, where is your backup and to avoid the trees/powerlines.

I am definitely all for it provided its all done right.

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
like to share a true story: due to hi operating cost and termination of land use by dear sg government, a guy closed his pet farm and moved to johor, put in a million S$ and restart a pet farm to continue his passion of saving stray dogs and cats. sg pet welfare groups support him over the years. sg pet owners who paid a small sum to dump their pets in the farm usually dun turn up again to take care of pets or pay for any service. Local gangs demanded protection money. The guy ran out of fund in a few years and is/was struggling to survive.
I won't be surprised if I hear about dear sg families dump their elders across the causeway in old folks home and never show up or pay again, as it already happens in sg old folks home.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you gets those electronic sprinkles?

I am going to get my house pretty soon..maybe another 3 months? However, kid still studying in Singapore so cant live in JB all the time and thus need some electronic to help me watering plants... Btw I bought a Ramba robot from ebay to help cleaning the floor.. US is selling at 290... Singapore is selling at 995.. How to live in Singapore when everything is so expensive?

Am also thinking of getting the Ramba Robot from the states. To and fro everyday so would like to relax a bit on the weekend. Still got lotsa cleaning and ironing to do.

Btw, are you getting the vacumm cleaner or the robot mop?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am also thinking of getting the Ramba Robot from the states. To and fro everyday so would like to relax a bit on the weekend. Still got lotsa cleaning and ironing to do.

Robot mop really that good ? Mine became white elephant already ...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
like to share a true story: due to hi operating cost and termination of land use by dear sg government, a guy closed his pet farm and moved to johor, put in a million S$ and restart a pet farm to continue his passion of saving stray dogs and cats. sg pet welfare groups support him over the years. sg pet owners who paid a small sum to dump their pets in the farm usually dun turn up again to take care of pets or pay for any service. Local gangs demanded protection money. The guy ran out of fund in a few years and is/was struggling to survive.
I won't be surprised if I hear about dear sg families dump their elders across the causeway in old folks home and never show up or pay again, as it already happens in sg old folks home.

They charge very high like 1.7K a mth for basic stay in a home in SG ... how not to run road if families run out of money for kids , housing , etc . So if they put their elders across the causeway , chances of run road is lower , but still will have lots of unresponsible one lah ....

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
They charge very high like 1.7K a mth for basic stay in a home in SG ... how not to run road if families run out of money for kids , housing , etc . So if they put their elders across the causeway , chances of run road is lower , but still will have lots of unresponsible one lah ....

Actually I don't like the idea of putting the elderly in a home. Imagine your own children dumping you there? I'd prefer a properly trained maid, or send the maid for training, to help take care of them. In this way, we or whoever sibblings who are free during the day, can just drop-in to give some supervision. Or spot check the maids. Also the elderly will still be able to see their children and grandchildren. :wink:

I considered dumping the elder in a home an irresponsible act.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
:O Care to share your experiences? Which type have you gotten? What happened?

Find it just take too long to do the job leh , also need to make sure room is clear of any wires , rugs , relatively open space to work effectively . If go a small area , just suck it up with a protable vacuum lor , or sweep away is less hassle .
Cant remember Ramba .... xxxx
Anyway , my batt gone already because too long never use .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I don't like the idea of putting the elderly in a home. Imagine your own children dumping you there? I'd prefer a properly trained maid, or send the maid for training, to help take care of them. In this way, we or whoever sibblings who are free during the day, can just drop-in to give some supervision. Or spot check the maids. Also the elderly will still be able to see their children and grandchildren. :wink:

I considered dumping the elder in a home an irresponsible act.

Sometime ppl bo pian one lah ... lots of issues you can never understand unless you are in their shoes lor

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathylmg,

In my experience last year when I didn't have maid for a period of 6 months, I relied the cleaning on the ramba robot..
I programmed the robot to work every other day at 10am. When I got home at night, I'll just pour out the dust that it collected.. Not too bad in my opinion.. and the robot would return to its charging station after battery running out..
However you need to prepare the room to make it friendly for the robot to move around..
Also since it is a robot, you need to lower the expectation too.. I found it clean much better than my old indo maid...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathylmg,

In my experience last year when I didn't have maid for a period of 6 months, I relied the cleaning on the ramba robot..
I programmed the robot to work every other day at 10am. When I got home at night, I'll just pour out the dust that it collected.. Not too bad in my opinion.. and the robot would return to its charging station after battery running out..
However you need to prepare the room to make it friendly for the robot to move around..
Also since it is a robot, you need to lower the expectation too.. I found it clean much better than my old indo maid...

May I know where did you get the cleaner? Which brand? Did you bought it online or in Singapore. I find the sumsung one in Singapore enticing. But then again, comes with a ridiculous price tag.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know where did you get the cleaner? Which brand? Did you bought it online or in Singapore. I find the sumsung one in Singapore enticing. But then again, comes with a ridiculous price tag.

What I bought is irobot 560 from consumer electronic. around 270US + Fedex shipment =450++

Below is a listing from Singapore firm..
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/iRobot-Roomb...4?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item2565a036ac

I think irobot is better than samsung.. check the review..

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
price for Fairway Suites South Tower in HH is out... going at about 440-450psf. Floor to floor difference of 10k. Biggest unit is only about 1243sft.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh where did you hear about his plight? I was of the impression he is doing ok. But he is quite resourceful, printing calendars and all that for sale (i bought one :smile:)
There is only one person who did this. He also has a few horses in his farm and some groups in SG organises excursion to the farm which is like a little zoo. Apart from him there is a Johorean who operated a shelter like him, but she is in a worse state.

My respects to these people for the sacrifice they make, i support them where i can occasionally.

Last edited:

fc3s1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling all HH guys,

i was offered 600k for a sub sale newer intermediate cluster terrace at HH (GOLF) and was looking to jump right into it.
kindly offer some advise n opinions on the price n location..
what should i look out for?
Thanks!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
:O Care to share your experiences? Which type have you gotten? What happened?

I bought two different models from US some years ago too, both batteries didn't last long, cannot work after one year plus, better spend the money on part time maid instead. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.