• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Like what people said, best to just ignore and don't let people like that spoil your weekend. I feel much better now after airing this out.
Agree on the SUV posting though, more prone to roll though a Hummer is still one of my dream cars although i am still a sedan guy.

I still remembered looking at a Z4 or even a Viper as these were so affordable back in the states.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would suggest driving your MY car as you can start saving from now till 4-6 years. who knows what will happen in future..
Just my $0.02 cents.
cheers.

Thanks.... will probably nee to re-calculate since they don't allow Msians driving SG cars to pump RON95 in MY anymore... let's see what the figures say...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi bros , actually you should careless what those naysayer talk about you or JB . For me , I bring my friends and relatives , show them around and let them know that this place can be a good alternative to quality living . It is up to them to regrett if they dont act earlier . Well, a few are conviced and three have committed , still many are skeptical . I have done my job , gained nothing but spend numerious hours and money for makan instead. I do notice a swing of opinions after the GE2011 , maybe people confident are shaken liao . For me I dont really help those who I dont know well , simply because got no time for them . I also dont really care what forumers thinks as I dont know who they are , are they a real person ? What you are doing is correct , simply tell them what is best for them , up to them to decide.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros ,
Can buy any SUV that is diesel in MY ? If got , is it worth the saving in fuel comsumption ?

Sorry, I haven't research diesel SUV vehicles yet... also, if I'm not mistaken, diesel is RM1.80 now in MY. I only know there are a lot of trucks using diesel, but seldom hear of SUVs using diesel

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I haven't research diesel SUV vehicles yet... also, if I'm not mistaken, diesel is RM1.80 now in MY. I only know there are a lot of trucks using diesel, but seldom hear of SUVs using diesel

Oh yes , one bros just pointed out they sell Mitsubishi SUVs 2.5L . @ RM 1.8 is OK , can save $$ on fuel . Power should be good especially now got turbo , but high speed maybe not very good .

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
Good that you feel better. Continue your wonderful contributions. Helping people is a given grace. It makes life more meaningful and full-filling.
Sadly and pityful for people who never give a helping hand to someone in desperate need for help. Also sadly to those that don't contribute but always take advantage, criticize and lack respect for others.
Since we are this topic, I would like to express that I do get quite disturb when strong foul language were used in this public forum. This forum are read by wivies and children. I see it as a downgrading on the reputation of this forum.

Bro Wu, I see your sentiments and sometimes is good to air it out and put things in their proper place. Exchange of different opinions are healthy but insinuation and accusation will eventually make this forum ugly. Generally, this forum has been very information and beneficial. Helping hands were willingly offered from our regular contributors. I thinks we should keep it this way and be thankful to those who have spend much time making this forum a success. Do enjoy you weekend, treat them as noises. Rest assure there are people out there that can see and appreciate the good deeds. It is in your nature to help and it is very hard and meaningless to be something that is not youself. When we finally rest one day, we would feel good that we have done the things we really want to do and depart meaningfully, peacefully.

Wish the world can be more caring. Be happy always, Cheers.

Like what people said, best to just ignore and don't let people like that spoil your weekend. I feel much better now after airing this out.
Agree on the SUV posting though, more prone to roll though a Hummer is still one of my dream cars although i am still a sedan guy.

I still remembered looking at a Z4 or even a Viper as these were so affordable back in the states.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
Good that you feel better. Continue your wonderful contributions. Helping people is a given grace. It makes life more meaningful and full-filling.
Sadly and pityful for people who never give a helping hand to someone in desperate need for help. Also sadly to those that don't contribute but always take advantage, criticize and lack respect for others.
Since we are this topic, I would like to express that I do get quite disturb when strong foul language were used in this public forum. This forum are read by wivies and children. I see it as a downgrading on the reputation of this forum.

Bro Wu, I see your sentiments and sometimes is good to air it out and put things in their proper place. Exchange of different opinions are healthy but insinuation and accusation will eventually make this forum ugly. Generally, this forum has been very information and beneficial. Helping hands were willingly offered from our regular contributors. I thinks we should keep it this way and be thankful to those who have spend much time making this forum a success. Do enjoy you weekend, treat them as noises. Rest assure there are people out there that can see and appreciate the good deeds. It is in your nature to help and it is very hard and meaningless to be something that is not youself. When we finally rest one day, we would feel good that we have done the things we really want to do and depart meaningfully, peacefully.

Wish the world can be more caring. Be happy always, Cheers.

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visited Fairway Suite and Horizon Residence yesterday with my KL friend who works in SG. When I was the one who suppose to buy either one, my friend couldn't resist and took the plunge. After comparing both development, he decided to buy HR. Booked a unit and will arrange for SPA signing in due course. In the end, I still couldn't decide.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visited Fairway Suite and Horizon Residence yesterday with my KL friend who works in SG. When I was the one who suppose to buy either one, my friend couldn't resist and took the plunge. After comparing both development, he decided to buy HR. Booked a unit and will arrange for SPA signing in due course. In the end, I still couldn't decide.

Maybe I got old grandfather thinking , but I think buy something that got a piece of land , the bigger the better . In the very long run , the brick and mortar are not going to worth that much . KL ppl got different thinking , anything that can get faster return can liao ! I bet your friend wont buy HR if he feel that if cant make a single cent in years to come . For SGean like us , the priority is really not about making money , more about quality living and buying something of a dream home. You want to make faster return , dont tell me you must come JB to buy house ?

Last edited:

hpy090909

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know if want to reach west coast by 8am ...by 2nd link

(1) if by motorcycle ..wat time must reach custom latest
(2) if by car ...wat time must reach custom latest

Thanks

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was surfing around and saw this. I wonder if its the norm these days. Its a no-brainer if I have that kind of money I would quickly plonk it down on a freehold choice development in JB enjoy the lush surrounding greeneries and privacy. Actually i say let the common folk naysayers keep on living their dreams in SG and see them ruined a little at a time. When there come a time when the majority of the population are looking northwards, it'll be too late. Of cos JB is no Shen Zhen but SZ of yore was nothing, looked nothing like SZ circa the new millenium. those who've gained the most are the earlier settlers. The latter adopters don't see a competitive advantage anymore as property prices are just as dear as HK. Slowly but surely. 1 yr at a time (2012). 1 highway at a time (coast/edl), 1 project at a time (legoland), 1 'quitter' at a time etc. Its like the tortoise and the hare's race.

Also sometimes, its much more than material. Families like some forumers here are enjoying more quality time and interaction with their kids here in JB. Even the kids are preferring here to SG what does that say?? =)

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sat : 18th June Traffic update

hmmm seems like things are returning to normal now (last week of school holiday)

9am drove into SG....Traffic towards JB, not much of a Q, barely 100m. As compared to last week, it was like 500m as of 9am.

Cheers

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too! Currently i got the next best/cheaper alternative the Terios7 suv hahah. Previous 2 was mpv mitsbishi n picnic. U lookg to buy sg or my plate?

MY plate =)
In SG I'm biased more towards super minis easier to maneuver in heavy traffic and tight parking.
woo terios is quite the looker. pretty lean on fuel consumption too i hear!

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was surfing around and saw this. I wonder if its the norm these days. Its a no-brainer if I have that kind of money I would quickly plonk it down on a freehold choice development in JB enjoy the lush surrounding greeneries and privacy. Actually i say let the common folk naysayers keep on living their dreams in SG and see them ruined a little at a time. When there come a time when the majority of the population are looking northwards, it'll be too late. Of cos JB is no Shen Zhen but SZ of yore was nothing, looked nothing like SZ circa the new millenium. those who've gained the most are the earlier settlers. The latter adopters don't see a competitive advantage anymore as property prices are just as dear as HK. Slowly but surely. 1 yr at a time (2012). 1 highway at a time (coast/edl), 1 project at a time (legoland), 1 'quitter' at a time etc. Its like the tortoise and the hare's race.

Also sometimes, its much more than material. Families like some forumers here are enjoying more quality time and interaction with their kids here in JB. Even the kids are preferring here to SG what does that say?? =)

Jalan Bahagia.. hmm close to my flat during teen years.. the psf is based on the sellers asking price instead of valuation price.
My take is that HDB pricing shd be affordable to extend that there is no out of pocket payments for loan duration.. (Hope they come down to reasonable valuations.. the new DBSS at Tampines with 800K for 5yrs is too high for 99 yr leasehold)
JB property on other hand will need cash to finance since we do not have EPF..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY plate =)
In SG I'm biased more towards super minis easier to maneuver in heavy traffic and tight parking.
woo terios is quite the looker. pretty lean on fuel consumption too i hear!

Haaha thank you but lack power (my mitsubshi was 2.4 n picnic 2.0)due to 1.5l but it does its job well lah no complaint n best of all my coe that time was only 1k+ hehe. Gd thg buy my plate is u can own d veh as long as u want not 10yrs n need to renew coe after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.