• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would they get worried? The daughters have their boyfriends to stay together after marriage.. the only son will get to inherit the dad's asset of which one of a house. Of course they dont have to work because there is no need to. Theres always me and my wife as their ATM you see.

oic the son is taken care of and the daughters expect no need to help pay mortgage next time...haha you can't be their ATM forever, unless you are a bank!

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
nono....

in 2018, the MRT will depart from woodlands (near Republic Poly) to JB. you will see Singapore immigration there by then I guess (since its going to be a 40 hectare area)
At the same time, KTM train will no longer be coming into Singapore at all.

I thought so at first. But on second read, it doesn't seem like this leh.... :(

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo Bro you sound like an A* Researcher....

Can you please help me decipher.....

So chim leh...

I am desperately looking for the book ":Power of the Subconscious". I had the original and pirated copies of that 5 years ago.... i somehow misplaced both.

Now moving heaven and earth to find the same.

Haha yeah lor, who is this person that wuqi referring huh? I also curious to know who is the one wuqi said of goes in through BMW, now through bus, always dissing people of buying cheap houses lah blah...how come i don't recall coming across such person in this forum?!

BTW I also commented on this nude squat case after AP posted the article - on how anything can happen if end up in the police station there. Hey so what even if the women are PRC converted Singaporeans going in at 1.30am for whatever reasons, they are human beings and should not be subjected to abusive degrading treament. Yes, we're merely guests there with no citizen rights, but we are all human beings with basic human rights. All human beings should voice out against such abuses.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
nono....

in 2018, the MRT will depart from woodlands (near Republic Poly) to JB. you will see Singapore immigration there by then I guess (since its going to be a 40 hectare area)
At the same time, KTM train will no longer be coming into Singapore at all.

Confuse me liao???

Anyone can help me? Is 'Rapid Transit System (RTS) link' = MRT :*:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like KTM to me lah.... ?!!?

because from what I understand, there will be no more train by KTM coming into Singapore in 2018 when the RTS system starts.

On 24 May 2010, the two prime ministers of Malaysia and Singapore signed a historic agreement to settle the long-standing railway land issue. They agreed to:
1. relocate the Malayan railway station and CIQ facilities in Tanjong Pagar to the Woodlands train checkpoint by 1 July 2011;
2. operate a rapid transit system between Tanjung Puteri, Johor Bahru (JB) and Singapore by 2018, with a single CIQ in Singapore, and consider relocating the railway station from Woodlands to Johor;
3. swap the railway land in Singapore for six plots of land of equivalent value;

source - http://media.propertyguru.com.sg/pd...laysiaSingaporeRailwayLandSwapJanuary2011.pdf

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
because from what I understand, there will be no more train by KTM coming into Singapore in 2018 when the RTS system starts.

Means if to be intergrated by 2018, the malaysian site will have to start the project construction by now. Given that they have rubber time frame for everything in time. But I don't see anything here yet leh....

Last edited:

hpy090909

Alfrescian
Loyal
Answers in line(to the best of Wuqi's limited ability)

my situation
-------------
i intend to rent a house/apartment somewhere near 2nd link area
Good call, since you are alone, even an apartment will do
i work at west coast
Understandable then, it will be pretty good for you and convenient too
i have a small motorcycle and a weekend plate car
You can travel in 2 modes, sweet
i will be staying alone
budget : RM 1000-1200 /month
For this price, even gated/guarded terraces in some areas are no problem

questions
1) which area house/apartment will fit my budget ?
Very many, www.iproperty.com.my
2) is nusa perdana good/ safe ? (RM 800- RM1000/mth)
No comment
3) i saw nusa perentis houses going for only about RM 600/month ...is the area safe ?
No comment
4) setia eco garden is about RM 1000-1200/mth ....wu hua boh ? too big for 1 person ?
Not a bad choice but maybe too big?
5) if i need to reach work at west coast by 8am, what time do i have to reach checkpoint assuming (a) riding motorcycle (b) driving
You have to leave early, safest is 6am, 6.30am is the max although you can sometimes stretch it. I arrived in town at 8.50am after leaving the my HH home at 7.54am.
6) i have cats which i intend to bring over with me to JB , any tips or recommendations ?
Need to go through quarantine but no issues, my tenant has 5 cats and brought them all over from SG.
7) internet service ...which service provider for mobile broadband and fixed home internet ?
For mobile broadband Celcom is what i will recommend if you use a lot, Maxxis will charge you if you are over their maximum usage limit. For home broadband, Streamyx is good, check if you can get Unifi.

8) Hiring maids....how much ? got part time ?
About 1k RM a month depending on the country, etc. Best to get a cleaning company to come in like once a week or once a month. Cheap and good, lots of choices.

thanks so much for the help , regarding leaving home time ...even if i ride bike also must leave by 630 AM ?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
All planning stage.... no firm announcement yet... *sigh* ... MRT or RTS not confirm also.

... "The MRT project will be developed in five or six phases. The first phase is expected to be completed by 2020. The announcement will be made by the Prime Minister, if the proposal is accepted." .... a BIG 'IF' ...

Anyway, I am waiting for the good news ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iskandar Malaysia to get new rail line
Apr 13, 2011 - HomeGuru.com.my
A mass rapid transit (MRT) system stretching 500km has been planned within Iskandar Malaysia to enhance connectivity, said Ismail Ibrahim, Chief Executive of Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).

“The MRT project will be developed in five or six phases. The first phase is expected to be completed by 2020. The announcement will be made by the Prime Minister, if the proposal is accepted,” he said.

Mr. Ismail noted the IRDA is planning to develop a bus rapid transit (BRT) system, before expanding it to an MRT system.

“The proposed BRT is about 400km with various phases. The first phase will be about 40km. Connectivity must be established within Iskandar, as well as how Iskandar is connected with the outline region, including our neighbour,” he noted.

“There is actually no discussion with regards to extending the MRT from Singapore to Johor but there has been discussion about wanting to look at connectivity between Johor Baru and Singapore by (use of) rail, which could be an MRT system. It might so happen to be the same system or it might be a dedicated system.”

IRDA has been tasked with planning, promoting and facilitating the development of Iskandar Malaysia into an internationally recognised metropolis.

He said Iskandar Malaysia aims to attract RM13 billion worth of annual investment into the region, with another RM73 billion in investment targeted over the next five years, after the completion of education and tourism projects by 2012.

“Iskandar Malaysia has moved into Phase 2 of (the) Iskandar Malaysia Comprehensive Development Plan (2006 — 2025), with the completion and deliveries of major infrastructure and iconic investment projects, recording RM28 billion at end of 2010,” he said.

Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim, Chief Executive Officer at Iskandar Investment Bhd, said the launch of Iskandar Investment, starting 2011, would push forward the influx of projects and human capital into Iskandar Malaysia.

“This will contribute not only to Malaysia's expected growth of five percent to six percent in real gross domestic product in 2011 but also support our nation's aspirations of becoming a high income nation by 2020,” he noted.

Means if to be intergrated by 2018, the malaysian site will have to start the project construction by now. Given that they have rubber time frame for everything in time. But I don't see anything here yet leh....

P

polyman

The CIQ/checkpoint is the biggest obstacle to free flow traffic between the 2 countries. I hate it when all lanes converge to one after boot checking at Singapore side. Does the authorities realise it is stressful to nego out from the lanes?. Can they really catch something just from a cursory glance of the boot?. i know many will say aiya just only couple of seconds to open boot and check...but you multiply by the hundreds if not thousands of cars...

I envision a future whereby Asean is truly integrated and travel across Asean countries is barrier and passport free....i guess i may be dead before this happens.

In the meantime, as long as the finger printing is still ongoing, I will definitely avoid JB. No point spending in a country that makes you wait for hours and treat you like criminals.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
am thinking about the same thing too. something to iron out the uneven road surfaces with ease which are plentiful around in MY. then dump in all the 95 it could take and pass to my small sg car. =p

i was passing through the sg customs @ woodlands earlier tonight, this nice lady was trying to expedite the queue coming out of her small pod to get my passport and then again to return me. complimented her. made my night!

My reason to get a SUV is so that I sit higher than the cars and can see how far is the traffic when I'm stuck in a jam... heheh... also, can carry more stuff, useful for when I move house since I'll be moving twice in the next 2 year.

But the thing is, SUVs will always have higher fuel consumption than sedans... so, still doing the maths to see whether its worth it.

Wow, at least the MY immigration ppl are doing something abt the queue.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reason to get a SUV is so that I sit higher than the cars and can see how far is the traffic when I'm stuck in a jam... heheh... also, can carry more stuff, useful for when I move house since I'll be moving twice in the next 2 year.

But the thing is, SUVs will always have higher fuel consumption than sedans... so, still doing the maths to see whether its worth it.

Wow, at least the MY immigration ppl are doing something abt the queue.

Bros ,
Can buy any SUV that is diesel in MY ? If got , is it worth the saving in fuel comsumption ?

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah sad... Price drop so much? When I got mine it was almost same price as the 2.0!!!

If driving alot of city, Prius uses less petrol than the civic hybrid. Highway about the same for both.

Next week going to try go up Cameron in one tank. Last time reach simpang pulai with 1/4 left, quickly go pump.

Bro I drove from Penang (After penang bridge) to somewhere near Kulai if not mistaken, with 1 fuel tank. Hehe. That is with my civic hybrid. But overall on highway when max out or above 130 its below 13km/l

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely/AP, yes ever since i made my point about moving out to JB a couple years back. She (was a He back then) continuously called people parasites, etc, i wonder what NS/babies has she contributed to Singapore to give her the right.

Its fine to cast asperations on others, i do have properties here but i have always asked folks to buy direct from the developers rather than subsale. After failing numerous times to character assasinate, i guess she was upset that she can't find the "angle". If i really wanted money, there are more than 1 way to earn and i would earn it in USD/AUD/SGD and not MYR. I really don't have to waste my time earning coins so to speak.

I have no need to prove myself further, people here and some in HH will know whether i ever benefitted from their purchases, i don't need to put my name in the papers and put my forum name in as well. Even when a couple of guys want to look for me to thank me or treat me coffee/dinner, give ang pao, when have i ever accepted, through PM or through friends?

The interview i gave, i used the same forum name, i don't need to solicit publicity by writing to the forum or having my ego stroked by putting my real name beside the forum alias.

One minute, its a he, then its a she. Then calling people names and saying they only have a 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor. Then talk about plantations when she herself has no idea of what has changed. Worse, then it becomes crime and when that didn't work, giant termites and mosquitoes. Obviously one who has not been to Tekong or even Bukit Timah hill. One day coming in by BMW, then by bus. Always criticizing yet still coming in regularly all the same. The inconsistency speaks for itself.

What weapon is she talking about, has she ever handled one in the first place? Where would she be in times of war? Talking as if she has suffered for the country, i am sorry guys for the rant, for this is the first and only person i have ever looked upon with sheer disdain and contempt.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Take note that SUVs are more susceptible to rolling over because of it's high centre of gravity. To find out more just google :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just got frustrated, i am really just trying to help here. Now i really feel sad, my wife always chides me for wasting my time here when i can make easy money even after my office hours. I always, always tell people to come in to buy and stay, if they want to make money, its their own perogative. You can certainly do and make but how am i benefitting when i am asking people to buy direct and from developers?

I mean, you don't want to come in, its your business, don't need to always take potshots at others. Not everyone aims to make a fast buck. Most of my houses are for own use and only 1-2 for long term. Just because of these 1-2 houses i need to spend time helping others? I mean, its not just housing that i am helping out on. I can count with half of the fingers on my hand, those who know who i am in real life. I really did get PMs to meet, etc but i don't need to be thanked, neither am i involved in any property business at all. The property guys i posted for don't even know who i am online, how to make any money? I make money everytime someone goes to iproperty.com or HH or EL? What do i gain out of helping people get a place or fix lights/aircon? I am in that business too?

Maybe the next time i see someone in need, especially if from Singapore i will not stop. I know deep down, i will still want to help though but its precisely because of people's mindset like that these days, folks just drive walk by when they see an accident or people who fell. No one cares anymore and you are looked upon with fear, suspicion and surprise if you do as much as help out people in need.

Just like those who did nothing when my dad was involved in an accident years back in CTE because of a lady who drove whilst putting on make up. Luckily there were witnesses as she claimed my dad drove into her. A few times, i saw accident or car stalled, even the normal guys driving came and helped push or push it to start. Are they all out to get something?

Now its my turn to ponder as I really wonder whats her motive though, i don't see her(its a her now) posting elsewhere and always only posting about dissing MY. Since she hates it so much, why come at all as its so dangerous and hazardous especially in her "BMW" - Some folks think BMW is BIG DEAL and looks down on houses that are just worth one HDB. How many HDB can/do one own in SG in the first place?

I am sure there are lots of people who have E class when they are 25 and another BMW 2 years later. The minute you talk about something she has no answer to, she tries to command you/diss you further by laughing at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.