• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everybody, Just registered today and would like to shout out to you regular guys here. Just bought terrace in HH and moving in about few months. Excite and going through alot of pages to catch up and hopefully not ask repeated question. Indeed alot of tips to learn from everday life to food to renovation....even weekly rate exchange. New neighbourhood for me so would like to know senior tenants in HH for a cup of tea or to say hi.

Shall we start with a simple introduction of yourself?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everybody, Just registered today and would like to shout out to you regular guys here. Just bought terrace in HH and moving in about few months. Excite and going through alot of pages to catch up and hopefully not ask repeated question. Indeed alot of tips to learn from everday life to food to renovation....even weekly rate exchange. New neighbourhood for me so would like to know senior tenants in HH for a cup of tea or to say hi.

Welcome. Just curious which HH precinct are you in ? Gateway or Golf ? I am sure you will enjoy the better air and peacefulness there. I am just a Gateway weekender ....just like the red car plate; turn up on weekends !

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I tell my wife when we buy "organic" food. Before it use to be "pee and poo".... then go high tech, synthetic pee and poo, now back to the original...... peoples pee and poo..... so less poison in the body.....:biggrin::biggrin: ( please excuse the grossness, thought add to the levity in the subject...)

yea, somemore now going back to original, the mercenaries charge a premium for it evident in the organic produce section in super/hypermarts.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

am very happy there is existence of this forum to bring all of us together to discuss various aspects of living in JB I can only forsee it getting bigger with an ever more vibrant community just in here alone in fact so much so that we will be finding our neighbors (or to be neighbors) here! Imagine asking your neighbor for extra salt on the forum =D

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea, somemore now going back to original, the mercenaries charge a premium for it evident in the organic produce section in super/hypermarts.

Actually organic is best and its fertilizers is free and they are charging a premium for it! Wah kao!

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy

Sorry, I am not too sure. But there are many stalls there and besides the 007 Food centre, there are other eateries. I am sure you can find vege food. There is also a supermarket and many shops. I think the price is generally lower compared to malls.

Happy exploring...

May I know if there is any vegetarian food at setia indah and their whereabout? Thanks in advance.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy

Sorry, I am not too sure. But there are many stalls there and besides the 007 Food centre, there are other eateries. I am sure you can find vege food. There is also a supermarket and many shops. I think the price is generally lower compared to malls.

Happy exploring...

Austin, thanks for your advise. Will go take a look sometime soon.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't blame my parents, just myself as i wished i could grow up faster, make twice as much as these obnoxious folks and instead of behaving like them, i will behave the exact opposite and devote myself to helping others and my family.

wow you were so thoughtful and put so much burden on yourself even as a child..

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Anyone has updates on the sale of terrace houses at The Hills? Price is higher, but I like it that there is a direct link (side gate with parking lots near the golf view bungalows) to the club house. Kids can walk/cycle to the gate and walk over to the club house ...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. reminds me of the saying I heard over FM 933..
小时候,快乐的事佷簡单。
长大后,簡单的事佷快乐。

Yeah happiness is elusive for adult...very easy to be unhappy in the Singapore now...just need to take MRT, eat at foodcourt/coffeeshop, buy groceries and be squashed by FT and see their trashy behaviour is upsetting enough...

Sad to say I find more happiness in JB now, which is more like the Singapore in the past - instead of the tonnes of PRCs, Indians and Filipinos, can see more familiar faces - too bad it is not home lah..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Bukit Indah (opp Tesco) for dinner last night at 8pm with hubby and 9 year old daughter. Park car about 20 to 30m away from the eatery.

When we returned to our car at 9.30pm, hubby realise notice lots of shattered glass on the ground. Then I heard him swear! The window behind the driver seat was smashed! And my daughter had her bag stolen.

Called the police and they want us to go to the station to file report instead of coming to get evidence or talk to people for witness. They came eventually after a journalist (eating at same place) called someone he knows from the station. Took an hour.

Went with the police to Bukit Indah Station for statement, then have to go to Balai polis at Nusa Bestari there again for another statement.

Asked the officer if this happens frequently and she said yes and we are the number 8 or 9 cases for the day alone for Bukit Indah area. At that point of time it was already 11.30pm. I asked why they have not managed to solve the case yet since such car break in has increased since 1-2 months ago. She said victim could not give leads! Makes me wonder, how they expect to solve any case if victims are just expected to make reports and nothing is done to fingerprint or talk to people around the crime scene.

My daughter was shaken badly and she refuses to go in to Johor again. Wondering if we have to put our move on hold.

So horrible to meet with with such mishaps and then have to face unhelpful police...yeah I also worried about the need to go JB police station one day (touch wood)..can imagine very hard to talk to them!

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to KSL last weekend. Very impressed and I like the concept. Fully integrated with shopping mall. Sales person brought us to look at the units on 7th & 8th floor (despite building still under construction). Unblock views from high floors facing Spore/City) will be fantastic. Studio unit at RM360K (533 sq ft, 12 flr, facing west unblock, fully furnished with air-con/beds/tables/cabinets). Pay 10% (i.e. RM36K). 8% GRR on RM360 for 3 yrs (i.e. less 24% x RM360K). Hence, progress payment on RM360K - RM36K - RM86.4K = RM237.6K

Originally Posted by 2bfree2b

Pardon me, but wat is GRR scheme? Actually, I find that this location quite good becos it is quite near to CIQ. I dont mind staying there. But still abit skeptical abt this part of JB city. It seems that ksl city condo comes with a 4 tier security. Sounds impressive. It might be an alternative for me since most of the condo developments in Nusajaya will be only completed in a few years.....And most of it are booked.

this is a guaranteed rental return. meaning you buy a studio unit for example, you lease it to KSL, they will give you returns of about 1.2-6k/month (if I don't remember wrongly) for 3 years. You can only shift in after that. Its expensive comparatively according to psf people say they already added in the GRR they're giving you into the asking price. sigh, these days its crazy everywhere we go and it is like everything is booked up.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just a suggestion, you know that reporter that came up with that article on Iskandar living several weeks back, get in touch with her, I think, and let her know. She might just do a follow-up piece and would be picked up by the National papers here, the authorities would surely look into this as these incidents are definetly a PR nightmare, especially when the govt. Is putting in a lot of money to attract investment to Nusajaya. Would hurt image if a foreign investor, be the person a Singaporean or an expat, was to be seriously hurt in a theft that went wrong.

Good idea! Mmore pressure from the mass media should help..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

welcome! I'm also new to this forum, but sadly only hangyong replied to my first post yesterday. Maybe I should introduce myself more.

I've been travelling around Iskandar with my parents over the last 3 years since my parents bought their first home in Horizon Hills. It was love at first sight for our family. We would not have enjoyed this life if not for my father who insisted and nagged my mom to go there and take a look. He had nagged her for more than 6 months (actually more than that, probably 2 years) to check out developments like Sutera Utama and other older developments. They would often quarrel because it seemed impossible for her to ever live in a place she's afraid to go.

And eventually she was kinda forced to go there and have a look because she is the kind who is so negative about the area and also the kind you cannot persuade and change her mind.

At last they went there, and it all changed when she first entered the Horizon Hills Golf and Country Club and saw the scenery and green. That very night she could not sleep. It was the first time she is so excited about wanting to buy a new home, what more a home in a place she would never want to go. We have been going around Singapore to look for a new home for years and she has always complained about this and that. But when they were there, everything seems so perfect. They didn't feel like they were in Johor, a place where they have heard many negative stories, about the poor security, about abandoned projects. It felt like some resort estate in a country far from here.

I have to say we were quite lucky my mom got a very good first impression of the place. Had we not gone there, things would be very different now. The first step out to a foreign land seems so important to us, we chose the right path and direction. We eventually discovered more great places (EL, LF, etc) to visit.

And after that night, they did not think much, and drove in again a few times to check out the area and finally got a home there. Since then, we have been travelling there every week, we watched our home built from scratch. Bukit Indah and the surrounding townships have suddenly mushroomed and we witnessed all the rapid changes. There wasn't Jusco, Tesco, or even Giant in Bukit Indah/Bestari, not that I know what Jusco or Tesco were.

Just recently, we bought our second unit in HH. It's a new chapter in our lives and we are watching the unit been built like a new baby growing. I can strongly feel my relationship with my parents have grown so much stronger because we are enjoying all the good times together. :smile:

We have also met many happy families there. Just like many of us here who are full of excitement and energy despite the rare occasions when something bad happens.

This is just so great!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all gotta do something about crime in JB.

Quite a few of us here agree to this already. We sure can make a difference. Well if we cant atleast lets make a statement so the police/authorities know that we are aware of this and want action taken on this front.
Yep, since there all more and more of us moving across the straits, I'd think its a good idea to band up and do something about the crime rate. Any suggestions?

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applaud your biting the bullet to experience a fresh perspective of living. You have not much groundwork and its great you are sharing your experiences. Cheers.

Sorry.... It shoud be ....You have done much groundwork and......

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since childhood i have loved plants. I dun have green fingers nor am i an avid gardener.

I used to water 10 sapling planted by the govt every morning and evening outside my home walking to a distance of 3 homes from mine. No hose pipes. Must carry buckets. Today all these sapplings are mature trees. I did that from 1987-1993.

I am proud of that. Then my dad n mum would say "Helpful to the world but not helpful at home" in half jest.

I cant stand it when trees are cut in the name of development or someone who just cuts it for the fun of it.

The guys from the nursery who planted my pines wanted to chop off the 2 sapplings then planted by Setia Tropika or MBJB. Dunno who is responsible for that.

I firmly refused. Today the plants have flowered. Just yday i saw nice yellow flowers on one of them.

But hor, I move there to have a better life leh, not to have more work..... :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.