• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U sure manage to impress us with ur treasure chest of wisdom

Thanks Mallow, i always keep everything important out of sight, i also find that sufficiently dark solar film(within legal limits) as well as having rain covers installed on doors help in certain ways to help prevent roving eyes and itchy fingers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im givin my kids a pretty good life minus the xbox psp etc.

They hv lots of holidays/overseas travels at the expense of school sometimes.

Im givin them a good education as well. Hopefully they wont expect me to come up with the down payment

Yeah you're doing alot already...overseas travel is expensive for family travelling together...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not weekly fogging? My estate got weekly fogging and no mosqitoes problem (touch wood), may be HH residents can suggest to maintenance office to do weekly fogging.

Good idea, not sure if everyone would agree though but its definitely something to suggest to them. I am having some problems with dogs actually, some guys would go near our place and let their dog do their business and when we saw them, they will even use their shoes to push the poo into the ground and walk off with their heads in the air. There are some good ones who would clean up or get their maids to do it. I would never dare to look down on anyone except people who let their dogs or pets poo everywhere.

Still remembered one time, in Yishun, many years ago. One evening, everyone was having dinner. This lady's dog pooed in the midst of the corridor at the coffeeshops. There were 2-3 coffeeshops then so it was in the centre of the walking area so it immediately made the whole place very......unwelcoming. She just proudly walked off as if it was a badge of honour. Some uncles and aunties told her off, my dad told me not to bother as people would think i am bullying her. From her voice, it turned out she is our governments favourite FT so she just shouted very loudly, smirked and walked away briskly with the pet in tow.

There are also those who thinks their dogs are Benji/Lassie and would let their beloved pets run off into the sunset.......and into other peoples homes if they haven't closed the gates yet and scaring people. Some even let their dogs howl all night, one of my neighbours even asked me to write in and they want to do a petition on the dogs but one of my friends have gone over and spoken to one of the owners so hopefully things will be better soon.

Probably need to take further action if things continue. No one will have any issues if you keep you dog leashed or sent to a school. People will have issues if your pet howls all night or regularly do its business at other peoples doorsteps.

I don't care what house you live in or how much zeros you have as to me at least, class is not only the house you live in but the behaviour one displays.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
U sure manage to impress us with ur treasure chest of wisdom

Oh just sharing, its just that i found that the rain covers help to cover any lapses if one forgot to wind up their windows fully or in the case of having solar film, if one accidentally left something on the seat. It definitely helps, if nothing else, it will help with delaying their getting in and getaway while leaving lots of nice finger prints on your windows and solar film.

One evening, at Bukit Indah, saw a guy with a large torch looking into cars side windows. Piqued, i decided to drive past with my phone ready. Turned out to be a responsible security guard as 2 motorcycle turned up with 2 guards each and he reported to them.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mum used to make wine. Quite entrepreneriual.

Does not do it anymore

but wine was not common. Yes mallow is right.

More of liquour n beer.

Lots of music.

we never needed a reason to party.

So many of them.

I would never want to trade my childhood with anyone elses or even do it differently.

One word AWESOME

Yeah happy childhood is a wonderful experience that no one wants to swop...mine is happy too but happy over nothing - no wine, dine and dance :biggrin: Children back then very easily happy lah :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You are too kind Sir AP.

Wisdom comes from failures and mistakes. I grew slightly wiser each time i did something stupid, one thing is always admit a mistake. Thats the only way one would learn. To be afraid of making mistakes is to remain stagnant.

Some observations to share:

Observation 1
I found that those successful or very very successful guys tend to be those who admit their mistakes and never surround themselves with excuses. Those not so
successful on the other hand, always have a ready excuse to blame others except themselves.

They have a whole book of excuses and reasons why they cannot succeed, you can't argue with them as they are against finding success in their lives
as they have found many excuses instead.

Those who are wise are generally those who have made many many mistakes BUT learnt the important lessons from them.

Observation 2
People who become successful tends to be those who evaluated risks, took calculated risks and had the risk appetite and tenacity to hand on in bad times. People (like AP and Cathy) who acts tends to be those who would ask the least or only moderate questions, even if they ask many, its reasonable ones which helps in the decision making process.

People who asks a lot of funny questions(there is never a silly question though) tends to be too bewildered by the increased doubts that more answers somehow brings them. Instead of understanding the ground, it brings to them more worries and doubts. In the end, after having a complete map, 2 x GPS systems with a local guide, they still never got to the destination they wanted as they never started the car!

I was one of those in both observation 1 and 2, at age 25, although i have most of what i set out to achieve, i found i was completely lacking in wisdom.

I still am lacking today but i am learning humbly.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by Analytical Professor
My mum used to make wine. Quite entrepreneriual.

Does not do it anymore

but wine was not common. Yes mallow is right.

More of liquour n beer.

Lots of music.

we never needed a reason to party.

So many of them.

I would never want to trade my childhood with anyone elses or even do it differently.

One word AWESOME

I am so happy for you Sir AP. Having a good and most importantly happy childhood is something of a rare commodity these days unfortunately.

I however would wish i could get a memory erasing machine and erase all memories of childhood. They were mostly of pain, fear and abject sadness. One reason why i learnt and equipped myself with as many skills as i can (not that i know a lot) was that no one was really there for me during my childhood and subsequent teenage years.

Only one or two aunts/relatives cared, the rest i would be glad if they didn't come and bother me or push the blame to me every time something goes wrong. Worse was reunion dinners, i hated that as some people made my dad and mum felt so small, in the end, the kids always gets it at the end of the day. I don't blame my parents, just myself as i wished i could grow up faster, make twice as much as these obnoxious folks and instead of behaving like them, i will behave the exact opposite and devote myself to helping others and my family.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah you're doing alot already...overseas travel is expensive for family travelling together...

Agree, actually when bro AP is over here with his family, he is already bringing them overseas. I treat every day here as if its my last one on earth.
Btw, heard we all made it past the often heard "End of the world is XXXXXXXX" as its way past the deadline and unless i am mistaken, i am still here(for now at least)

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I newly discovered this thread and it makes an interesting read on different perspectives for JB living. I am also contemplating to take the plunge, but intend to keeo the house for later retirement and pass it on to the children.

Bro Wuqi256,

I have not read all the pages .... cos there's 200+ of them but I saw you bought a few units for rental income. Is the yield reasonable to cover financing costs? Is it easy to get tenants?

Thought of buying one unit and renting out for a few years, maybe abt 5 yrs, then shift in after that.

Been looking at the new 2-storey at Mont Callista..... Park Villa. Last year went to see and the developer told me their showhouse belongs to Singaporean. He rented back to them as showhouse cos unable to get tenants. But did not consider further cos it was all 3-storey designs and I prefer 2-storeys.

Or you want to suggest other areas where tenants likely easier to get. Sent you a pm few days earlier but no reply. I have seen HH, East Ledang, Bukit Indah. The existing Bukit Indah precincts seem dilapidated and I'm not sure exactly where the new areas Setia is building. Saw the showhouses at the roundabout.

I applaud your biting the bullet to experience a fresh perspective of living. You have not much groundwork and its great you are sharing your experiences. Cheers.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, actually when bro AP is over here with his family, he is already bringing them overseas. I treat every day here as if its my last one on earth.
Btw, heard we all made it past the often heard "End of the world is XXXXXXXX" as its way past the deadline and unless i am mistaken, i am still here(for now at least)
Aiyoh Bro Wuqi, don't say things like that I not yet get chance to enjoy my new house at HH. If it is so no chance at all to move to Nusajaya:eek:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh by the way just wanted to update you guys on the Jusco pharmacy at Jusco Bukit indah. Just dun like the pharmacists "i know better than you approach "

well this attitude may work when ur dealin with people who know nuts about medicine.

She wanted to sell me diphenhydramine an expectorant that causes cough to expel phlegm.

There are other methods to get rid of phlegm like breaking the bonds in thick pglegm and even dissolving the phlegm which is much better than coughing your lungs out.

I hate the talk down approach. Lucky i was not in a bad mood else would have given her a piece of my mind

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah happy childhood is a wonderful experience that no one wants to swop...mine is happy too but happy over nothing - no wine, dine and dance :biggrin: Children back then very easily happy lah :smile:

Yup.. reminds me of the saying I heard over FM 933..
小时候,快乐的事佷簡单。
长大后,簡单的事佷快乐。

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Bukit Indah (opp Tesco) for dinner last night at 8pm with hubby and 9 year old daughter. Park car about 20 to 30m away from the eatery.

When we returned to our car at 9.30pm, hubby realise notice lots of shattered glass on the ground. Then I heard him swear! The window behind the driver seat was smashed! And my daughter had her bag stolen.

Called the police and they want us to go to the station to file report instead of coming to get evidence or talk to people for witness. They came eventually after a journalist (eating at same place) called someone he knows from the station. Took an hour.

Went with the police to Bukit Indah Station for statement, then have to go to Balai polis at Nusa Bestari there again for another statement.

Asked the officer if this happens frequently and she said yes and we are the number 8 or 9 cases for the day alone for Bukit Indah area. At that point of time it was already 11.30pm. I asked why they have not managed to solve the case yet since such car break in has increased since 1-2 months ago. She said victim could not give leads! Makes me wonder, how they expect to solve any case if victims are just expected to make reports and nothing is done to fingerprint or talk to people around the crime scene.

My daughter was shaken badly and she refuses to go in to Johor again. Wondering if we have to put our move on hold.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
me also looking forward to sch holiday...break for children and break for me , can look forward to some garden work.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh by the way just wanted to update you guys on the Jusco pharmacy at Jusco Bukit indah. Just dun like the pharmacists "i know better than you approach "

well this attitude may work when ur dealin with people who know nuts about medicine.

She wanted to sell me diphenhydramine an expectorant that causes cough to expel phlegm.

There are other methods to get rid of phlegm like breaking the bonds in thick pglegm and even dissolving the phlegm which is much better than coughing your lungs out.

I hate the talk down approach. Lucky i was not in a bad mood else would have given her a piece of my mind

She didn't know you are professor of self-medication also :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.