• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea, not sure if everyone would agree though but its definitely something to suggest to them. I am having some problems with dogs actually, some guys would go near our place and let their dog do their business and when we saw them, they will even use their shoes to push the poo into the ground and walk off with their heads in the air. There are some good ones who would clean up or get their maids to do it. I would never dare to look down on anyone except people who let their dogs or pets poo everywhere.

Still remembered one time, in Yishun, many years ago. One evening, everyone was having dinner. This lady's dog pooed in the midst of the corridor at the coffeeshops. There were 2-3 coffeeshops then so it was in the centre of the walking area so it immediately made the whole place very......unwelcoming. She just proudly walked off as if it was a badge of honour. Some uncles and aunties told her off, my dad told me not to bother as people would think i am bullying her. From her voice, it turned out she is our governments favourite FT so she just shouted very loudly, smirked and walked away briskly with the pet in tow.

There are also those who thinks their dogs are Benji/Lassie and would let their beloved pets run off into the sunset.......and into other peoples homes if they haven't closed the gates yet and scaring people. Some even let their dogs howl all night, one of my neighbours even asked me to write in and they want to do a petition on the dogs but one of my friends have gone over and spoken to one of the owners so hopefully things will be better soon.

Probably need to take further action if things continue. No one will have any issues if you keep you dog leashed or sent to a school. People will have issues if your pet howls all night or regularly do its business at other peoples doorsteps.

I don't care what house you live in or how much zeros you have as to me at least, class is not only the house you live in but the behaviour one displays.

Hmmm... the topic about pet is a difficult one. The basic is obviously not letting your dog poo in front of other people's house but if it does happen just pick it up with a plastic bag like what we do in Singapore. What if it pee? It is quite hard to stop male dogs from doing their marking. Mindful that nobody would like this, i avoid letting my dog do any kind of business in front of other people's gate. Now that means i have to walk my dog away from all houses.

Try looking at this from the perspective of a dog lover. A dog is as innocent as a child. He is not as good in exercising self control. Of course training would be the key so that your dog would not exhibit behaviour that annoys others. Having said that, a dog is still a dog. It would not be realistic to expect everyone's dog to behave to the highest standard. Training a dog to the extent of militaristic obedience is impressive, but that really spoils all the fun of having a pet. I would opt for basic obedience.

As for howling, this is not something that can be quickly corrected. When i was living in an apt in SG, when we had to go out, my dog got lonely and started to howl. I got to know this through a nasty note from someone upstairs. Then we moved to JB, with a bigger open space, and a glass door which my dog can look through, he stopped his howling. But occasionally if we had to go out for a long day and the sky turns dark, he does get lonely and bark or howl. Fortunately my neighbour is ok with this and this happens only once in a blue moon.

There are many dog lovers like myself, unfortunately it is not economical for me to have a maid by his side at all times, hence he might misbehave occasionally when left alone. I am thankful my neighbours are tolerant and i definitely do not take this for granted. Just watch the show by Jennifer Anniston "Marley and me" it gives you a good idea of what happens with owning pets in real life. We know we are hated by quite a lot of people and sometimes it cannot be helped, but for the love of our pet, we swallow it :smile:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
My daughter was shaken badly and she refuses to go in to Johor again. Wondering if we have to put our move on hold.

so sorry to hear about your plight. make sure whenever you leave the car leave nothing behind especially nothing within sight. i'm using glass windows without addon tint people can see inside and i have got nothing to hide because there is nothing inside to steal. once precautions are taken the chances are very much reduced (although no guarantees). so far i never had a problem (touch wood) even though am driving a conti marque that gets me more attention than i like sometimes.

i tell my passengers to take everything with them as if when I leave my car, assume it will be stolen and what can they afford to lose in such cases. call me paranoid but go through preventive trouble and then enjoy your time afterwards knowing you've done all you could. :p

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many dog lovers like myself, unfortunately it is not economical for me to have a maid by his side at all times, hence he might misbehave occasionally when left alone. I am thankful my neighbours are tolerant and i definitely do not take this for granted. Just watch the show by Jennifer Anniston "Marley and me" it gives you a good idea of what happens with owning pets in real life. We know we are hated by quite a lot of people and sometimes it cannot be helped, but for the love of our pet, we swallow it :smile:

there is this indescribable joy when the bond is made between dog and owner. even the wagging of tail as an enthusiastic greeting when we return home somehow evaporates all the sourness of a dismal day.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIB hungry n waiting on 2nd Link Expressway 2km from geylang patah r n r in the direction of spore

their favourite national passtime on sundays

quite a few spore cars kena

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Bukit Indah (opp Tesco) for dinner last night at 8pm with hubby and 9 year old daughter. Park car about 20 to 30m away from the eatery.

When we returned to our car at 9.30pm, hubby realise notice lots of shattered glass on the ground. Then I heard him swear! The window behind the driver seat was smashed! And my daughter had her bag stolen.

Called the police and they want us to go to the station to file report instead of coming to get evidence or talk to people for witness. They came eventually after a journalist (eating at same place) called someone he knows from the station. Took an hour.

Went with the police to Bukit Indah Station for statement, then have to go to Balai polis at Nusa Bestari there again for another statement.

Asked the officer if this happens frequently and she said yes and we are the number 8 or 9 cases for the day alone for Bukit Indah area. At that point of time it was already 11.30pm. I asked why they have not managed to solve the case yet since such car break in has increased since 1-2 months ago. She said victim could not give leads! Makes me wonder, how they expect to solve any case if victims are just expected to make reports and nothing is done to fingerprint or talk to people around the crime scene.

My daughter was shaken badly and she refuses to go in to Johor again. Wondering if we have to put our move on hold.

It will take some time for you guys especially the young ones to get over the trauma. DO NOT leave anything in sight inside the car, a friend of mine left some grocery bags (some onions, ginger, garlic) inside his car and even that caused his rear glass window to be smashed!

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
The crooks must be desperate coz the car was within view of diners at next door eatery. Furthermore, my mpv car is extremely tinted (for sure can't see inside given it was already dark) and the bag was left behind the middle seat. The crook actually push the seat down to get to the bag and with the broken glass still around the window, it won't be easy without getting cut. The damage would be above a thousand dollars including the stolen bag. What an expensive dinner.

In fact was told that targets are usually expensive cars from Singapore. Mine is toyota estima and many other victims also driving same kind of car.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The crooks must be desperate coz the car was within view of diners at next door eatery. Furthermore, my mpv car is extremely tinted (for sure can't see inside given it was already dark) and the bag was left behind the middle seat. The crook actually push the seat down to get to the bag and with the broken glass still around the window, it won't be easy without getting cut. The damage would be above a thousand dollars including the stolen bag. What an expensive dinner. In fact was told that targets are usually expensive cars from Singapore. Mine is toyota estima and many other victims also driving same kind of car.

Since I get nagged all the time about crime in Johor and moving over, this is always a terrible thing to happen. This advice from a Johorian friend:
"Happened to my wife's car as well last month at Tmn Pelangi, JB. They prised open the boot and took away my laptop and PSP. These crooks are a genius lot nowadays. They have detectors and can scan any parked car for electronic gadgets such as laptop and camera. So better advise these folks not to leave such items in the car even though it's thought to be safe in the car's boot."
Since I don't have the responsibility of providing security in a country, I can say that the rotan and hangings are barbarous. BUT, when this sort of thing happens - specially to kids - I am sympathetic to both, plus police brutality/prison brutality/indiscriminate arrests/vigilante vengence ... you can tell I have a long way to go to being a forgiving Christian

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while now and have just registered today. My parents bought a home in HH in 2008 and we have been going in every weekend. Recently, just a few months ago, I also bought my first property in HH, at Fairway Suites.

Hi Hang Yong, I'm the one who bought the unit below yours. =) I look forward to seeing you and other forumers.

Cheers!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The crooks must be desperate coz the car was within view of diners at next door eatery. Furthermore, my mpv car is extremely tinted (for sure can't see inside given it was already dark) and the bag was left behind the middle seat. The crook actually push the seat down to get to the bag and with the broken glass still around the window, it won't be easy without getting cut. The damage would be above a thousand dollars including the stolen bag. What an expensive dinner.

In fact was told that targets are usually expensive cars from Singapore. Mine is toyota estima and many other victims also driving same kind of car.

Yup... if you run through the thread you would see a few of us warning before on the risk of leaving anything in the car. This happens even in front of security guard at Jusco Bukit Indah before, if you dig back some old news. These guys are so fast that they smash and go and the security will not be able to stop them. Forget about the police, they are not keen at all to catch these buggers. It is even more painful to deal with the police. They would tell you at least your car is not stolen.

On a separate note, i thought most policies would entitle you to windscreen or windows claim with an excess of only about $100.

The hairdresser at Carrefour told me, it is already much better than the old days. Still, i was told about one in 5 people here have experienced some sort of crime. Apparently the ratio used to be like one in two.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, not sure whether is the best method but you can use money changer to transfer money. I use this method when I need to remit money to my bank account and find it worthwhile to pay the $10 fee to save the hassle.

The $10 fee is for max RM10k transfer if you're foreigner in Malaysia. The exchange rate is not bad, I just done one transfer at 2.43 on Friday. But of course must minus the S$10 fee, so the nett rate is less.

Hi ginfreely,

can you share where did you do the transfer to get such good rates?
Also, what is the rate if the amount is more than RM10k?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
While we wait for Wuqi to reply here is something i saw at Popular....

http://www.olee.com.sg/prod_pestcontrol_UltimateAT.html

They claim it repells many pests. Not sure how effective it is though.

If anyone has any experience please let us know...

Professor, I was looking at it too. $59.90 right? I wonder whether it has any effect on termites too. It has a display at Tampines basement. I don't hear anything coming from it but my son can hear. I purposely brought him to passby there on 2 occasions without alerting him. He said its very sharp and loud, but no effect on my daughter. I guess its up to individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.