• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

I just called and they are open today and tomorrow also! Very good. Gonna go visit them and maybe get a unit. Anyone else think of going?

For those interested in imperia, you can also send email to syed fadzil at [email protected] for more details. There also have PDF copy of imperia sales booklet.

Heard that booking before the official launch is 7% cheaper.

Cheers,
PH

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah you really live under rock eh. Where got jungle?

How is sg going to cut down live firing ? There is just one ground for that in SG . Introduce more computer war game in air-con comfort ? Maybe do more Live firing in overseas training ground or maybe Msia has some plan for us to exercise in their jungles ?

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend has a unit in Ledang Heights. he say he never hear also. sound of crickets got la

Omg! Ledang Heights is at least around 5km further inland away from the straits and you can still hear the Live Firing from Singapore instead of just the vibration? In future, Kota Iskandar and all the universities in Nusajaya will have extra holidays called Singapore Live Firing Day'S' :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply Mallow, by the way how frequent do you hear the Live Firings? Are there night firing too? My wife hears my night firing every night (my snoring) :biggrin:

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah i had a friend who bought a unit at The Sail for SGD$1.3 mil last time and i said he is crazy. Now the price for his unit has tripled.

Sultan stay in palace.... Raja maybe... Ha ha... Ironically, the sail is also price at about 900psf in the past except that it is in SGD. I use to laugh at people buying the sail at that price and look who laughing at the end. I am sure many malaysians must laughing at the price that I pay but hope that I can be the last one laughing....

Lol...... PH

Bluereeff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bluereef,
they have 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms unit as well. 1bedroom should be about 1300sqft and 2 bedroom about 1800 sqft. There is a sales office at puteri harbour club house. Level 2. Every Time I go there for lunch with my family, this particular salesman is always there. If did not remember wrongly, his name is syed Fadzil. If you are not familiar with puteri harbour, you can get him to brief you.

Happy shopping.... Cheers.... PH

Thanks for the info. Do u mind to PM me your agent email?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

scratches head no idea. i don't think the details of the execution will be released to the public though i study directions at DMRI/DMSO seems to point to transcendence of physical to the biological realm. :cool:

How is sg going to cut down live firing ? There is just one ground for that in SG . Introduce more computer war game in air-con comfort ? Maybe do more Live firing in overseas training ground or maybe Msia has some plan for us to exercise in their jungles ?

Bluereeff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks again. Are u buying as investment or wkend home? I read crom this forum rental expectation is not that high in JB.

Hi Bluereef: Unfortunately, Marina and Singapore view units are only 3 bedroom and penthouses. Here are the details:

Marina View:
- Type 3A (3+1 bedroom) - 2,508 sft
- Type 3B (3+1 bedroom) - 1,828 sft

Office Block & Pool Facing:
- Type 1A (1 bedroom) - 813 sft
- Type 2A (2+1 bedroom) - 1,673 sft

I suggest you call ahead and schedule an appointment with one of the Sales folks as they may be busy given that the Public Launch is planned this month. You may also visit their showflats. The layout has changed but you will get a decent idea of material quality.

These are the phone numbers:
+ 607-530-2707 / 2127

All the best!

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those who want transport to various airports, assuming you don't want to drive there and incur parking charges:

Found this on: http://www.alloexpat.com/malaysia_expat_forum/changi-singapore-to-jb-t39737.html

Our goal is to help you find better ways to reach your destination. Being on time and customer safety is our company motto. TS Yap Transport Service is committed to providing superior service at affordable rates.

Here is our quote:

Service To Changi Airport/Town from Johor Bahru town area
Less then 4 passengers is RM130
More then 4 passengers and less then 7 is RM150

Service To Changi Airport/Town from Taman Johor Jaya / Permas Jaya/Mount Austin / Pelangi Indah / Tmn. Tun Aminah / Taman Perling / Bukit Indah
Less then 4 passengers is RM140
More then 4 passengers and less then 7 is RM160

Service To Changi Airport/Town from Senai Airport/Taman Universiti/Pasir Gudang
Less then 4 passengers is RM150
More then 4 passengers and less then 7 is RM170

TS Yap Transport Service is open 24hours, Monday through Sunday for the convenience of all customers. For any other location not listed above, please do not hesitate to call Mrs. Yap at [email protected]

Anyone has other options? Any comments on reliability of above?

Last edited:

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Jupiter for sharing, i was actually there in HH looking when they had the ceremony with a couple of blue tentages. Its only partially though, yes. Its opened for a while now but it really helped to speed things up especially when going towards the first link. Really starting to see things taking shape. Its a weird thing, to see what you believe appearing right before your eyes. Wife said to me when she saw all the recent developments, we are really living your dream for real.

Yes, there's an improvement / new development almost every week. Every month, a new road / interchange / expressway, new shophouses... The tangible and intangible aspects of life here are really shaping up bit by bit. And they're actually MAINTAINING what they've built.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi teck,
Personally, I would like both East Ledang and Horizonhills. But if I have the budget, I would go for EL coz when the whole place like medini and Puteri harbour is up, the amenities will e very different.... It is like living in orchard road/ harbour front vs serangoon gardens/ holland v.... Not talking about ang mo kio and sembawang. Unless you love golf a lot. Having say that, it is the people that make up the place/ village. I wish you all the best in your search......
Cheers, PH

Thanks for the advice, it does make the picture a bit less murky for me. Right now my understanding is restricted to looking at maps, which don't tell the whole story.

I'll be looking to make my first trip over next month, and I've been looking around, and I realized I can barely find any hotels to stay in in the Nusajaya area! Does that mean I need to stay in JB and drive to Nusajaya everyday?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bluereef: Unfortunately, Marina and Singapore view units are only 3 bedroom and penthouses. Here are the details:

Marina View:
- Type 3A (3+1 bedroom) - 2,508 sft
- Type 3B (3+1 bedroom) - 1,828 sft

Office Block & Pool Facing:
- Type 1A (1 bedroom) - 813 sft
- Type 2A (2+1 bedroom) - 1,673 sft

I suggest you call ahead and schedule an appointment with one of the Sales folks as they may be busy given that the Public Launch is planned this month. You may also visit their showflats. The layout has changed but you will get a decent idea of material quality.

These are the phone numbers:
+ 607-530-2707 / 2127

All the best!

I'm puzzled by the way UEM sold Imperia. When i was there in Dec'10, the bookings were almost full... i booked a 3 BR unit all facing sea on high floor... and i recall the size was barely 1300 sft and priced around RM1.3m (there was a caveat that pricing may change). I remember this price because back then i thought, for this price i could get a semi-D at East Ledang... hence i was half-hearted.

When i went there again sometime this year, it seems they changed the development plan completely. Meaning earlier bookings had become completely irrelevant. Finally i received the mail in Aug'11 with the completely redesigned layout. I did not compare closely with the original layout but what is clear is, the sizes have gone up.

I was offered 3BR Type B facing Marina, #09-05 (size 1828 sft) RM 1,274,888

I did not take up the unit as i could not convince myself to buy a condo in JB. In retrospect, the unit looks reasonably priced.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you very much, Bro checkers for the info.

Extra land varies from unit to unit. For some developments, it can be as big as 3000 square feet. Think can build another small terrace there :biggrin:

For certain develpments, corner units are snapped up fast - if the facing is good. As for others, the smaller intermediate ones are the first to go because of affordability as corner units are usually pricier. That's my observation.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, the tax policy sounds a lot better than I expected.

Note that tax is not 26% of our rental revenue. We can deduct cost such as property tax, maintenance fee, lawyer fees, agents fee, repairs, and the mortgage interests (not the principal payment).

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am glad that you've got the corner unit. I guess what you paid must be less than what I paid for an intermediate terrace. Hope have a chance to get one in the future (at an affordable price range hopefully).

Yeah about 20ft I guess, Well its about 4m to 7m. I am not sure if it was the begining of the launch as I was driving around HH and asked for a corner lot. This was about 2 years back. But was lucky enough as there were only 2 conner units left.

Cheers

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro for all the info. So happy to hear that you got two corner units. Actually I also got a chance once to snap a corner lot. But I backed out in the end because during that time, I thought it was too expensive to pay almost a million for a terrace corner lot and I could not convince myself to spend so much money on a corner terrace and the price of the intermediate terrace I bought in the end was already well beyond what I originally expected to pay. Glad to hear that there are so many tax deductions for the rental income.

Right now, my only concern is in case I want to rent out the house, how easy it is to rent out my intermediate terrace (which I bought at a price of about 800K) in the future and how I should set the rent to be able to get it rented out while at the same time getting reasonable rental income. :confused:

It depends on the project; the first one we purchased in NI came with extra 20ft land according to the Sales Exec while the 2nd one in NI supposedly comes with 40ft extra land (yet to verify). For the 1st corner unit, we managed to buy it because the loan was rejected for the earlier buyer. We just happened to ask the sales exec and he mentioned a corner unit just became available and we decided in 20mins after viewing and paid the booking fee; a matter of being there at the right time. For the 2nd corner unit, we went to the 1st day of sales launch in the afternoon and placed the booking fee for the last corner unit too. There were other end lots, but we prefered corner unit. For this one, the price was high and I believe it turned other buyers away.

I will spend a week to check for defects; then give them a month to finish rectifying it for my highrise properties. But some ppl are in a rush to move in so that they don't have to pay rental anymore; so they will ask their contractor to help rectify the visible defects. Some contractors are fine with it as long as it's surface defects. It depends on the individual on when you wanna start renovation.

Bro, I rent out my back room to you at HH, want? Hehehe...

If i'm not mistaken, we can also deduct the assessment and quit rent from the rental income.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the live firing is on, lots of noise in bursts. Sometimes when they use the heavy stuff, yes we can actually feel the vibrations. Cilaka.
Singapore training.

Hi mallow,
Just in case you did not mis-spell on purpose... the correct word is "CELAKA"

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro PH, what I heard from the sales very recently, for something in the mid-floor, the price is about 738psf.

So for example, for the 813-sft condo on the 20th floor, it will cost about 600000.

So this is after and before deducting 7%?

For those interested in imperia, you can also send email to syed fadzil at [email protected] for more details. There also have PDF copy of imperia sales booklet.

Heard that booking before the official launch is 7% cheaper.

Cheers,
PH

Status
Not open for further replies.