• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
out of about 100 people, 10 signed up, I went there out of curiosity, if I have a few thousand bucks to spare, I would sign up.

However, I believe property investment is not all about technical science, it requires a lot of own judgement and intuition too.

He mentioned China is probably the best country to invest property, but after I've watched this video, I don't think it's that easy.

[video=youtube;rPILhiTJv7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPILhiTJv7E[/video]

I know many people who invested in China properties in the early 90s either give up or sell their away at a loss... The property bull run only happen in last 7-8 years??
I also had been to one of the cities in Western China.. There are so many high rise buildings like Raffles Place except you couldn't see any living soul... I hope Iskandar will be a success as the property price in JB has not been moving for 30-40 years until recently? Hope it will have a 10 years bull run..

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know many people who invested in China properties in the early 90s either give up or sell their away at a loss... The property bull run only happen in last 7-8 years??
I also had been to one of the cities in Western China.. There are so many high rise buildings like Raffles Place except you couldn't see any living soul... I hope Iskandar will be a success as the property price in JB has not been moving for 30-40 years until recently? Hope it will have a 10 years bull run..

haha, i hope there will be at least 40 years bull run to make up for the stagnant time. Anyways, as long as Malaysia remains an open economy, welcoming foreign investors, and keep good r/s with Singapore, it will definite succeed. It is too close to Singapore to fail.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey TheGolf, you started reading more than a year ago and only started joining now?

His first post was to add himself to the list, like the other newly registered ones.
Hope 'the list' can continue to be a motivator for more and more 'guests' to create their own account and join our discussions.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The list is really good but still missing some of the folks like Lemans, etc. I thought of buying land here to build as well but i still must leave 25% available to do go to NZ so 6 is the maximum i can hold on to right now. Cannot afford any more. Need to save bullets for another land. After NZ, probably just a small place in Thailand or Taiwan.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
First of all..Very Gooood afternoon to all bro and sis here @ 'living in jb'

Hahaa...Sam you are wrong lor!!

If I'm too patience, I might not be posting here!!!! After reading this tread in July 2010 for about a week, straight away i drove to HH armed with my cheaqe book and booked my humble terrace 24'x75 @ south golf, HH without further consideration.

Thank you bro Wu!! :smile:

The Golf, well done my friend. I am happy for you but no thanks required. You are one of the rare breed that looks beyond the rumours, the lies and the deliberate propaganda machinery that was undermining this place. As far as my learned friends shared, this is now slowly being reversed as too much has been put in now. Still, old habits and attitude dies hard.

As a relative once told me, aiyah, at most go up 10-20k RM only what, i can go in and buy 20 any time!!! (This guy still thinks houses here are 60-100k) I will go in and buy at least a bungalow!!! (this is from a guy who knows about this 3 years ago but never bought)

Those who are doers never talk about it nor boast, they just go out there, kicked ass and do it. Talk is cheap.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
The list is really good but still missing some of the folks like Lemans, etc. I thought of buying land here to build as well but i still must leave 25% available to do go to NZ so 6 is the maximum i can hold on to right now. Cannot afford any more. Need to save bullets for another land. After NZ, probably just a small place in Thailand or Taiwan.

whoah wuqi, you're gonna start new threads:

Living in NZ
Living in Thailand or Taiwan

Please continue to live in JB

But I'm very impressed, i wish i could join you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Guys

Can advise what else need to pay yearly if bought a house in jb?

Property tax ? quit rent etc ? roughly how much ....

Hey Crystal, if you are buying in NI, then its quite easy. There is this hidden place in the carpark behind Perling wet market.
Just go there and avoid the lunch time (reopen at 2pm) to pay the tax.

Another tax (quit rent - Cukai Tanah) you can pay via CC online.

http://www.ppj.gov.my/portal/page?_pageid=311,478132&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I pay about few hundred bucks per year per house depending on house size. Less than 400-500 bucks in total for sure for yours.
Like a learned friend said, its less than his road tax for a 2.4 L Estima.

The one at Perling, you can pay half yearly but i normally pay everything at one go. Everytime i go there, the guy will ask if i am
paying for others. I just smile and say yes. :smile:
as i don't have the time.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,

care to share your long term goal in life as well as your investment goals? where would you retire. I think for me, I will still be in Singapore and JB no matter what happens to our beloved motherland. I am a patriot (but don't support the people ruling) and can't bear to leave my family and friends. At most, if I have the means, I will only buy properties outside Malaysia and Singapore as investments or holiday home. I've been to NZ and I love the lifestyle there, but might not be able to get used to the relax good life, of course it's not possible to bring everyone we know along too, so that sucks. :smile:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The list is really good but still missing some of the folks like Lemans, etc. I thought of buying land here to build as well but i still must leave 25% available to do go to NZ so 6 is the maximum i can hold on to right now.

Hi Wuqi,
Care to share the name of the development/s you've invested in other than Horizon Hills?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

I have a korean friend's father whose hobby is to collect properties... I think that is a cool hobby as compared to collecting cars or whatever luxury goods..

The Singapore property price has risen to short a level that if yo think about it, a 4 Room HDB at resale price will enable one to buy a semi-D not just in JB, but also New Zealand.. Thailand and of course many places in USA.. (of course I am not talking about 5 Ave or Orchard Road equilvalent location)

Recently I was in Canada and I saw a 20 hec castle-liked property, facing river was selling at 500K.. You can never buy enough... ha ha but it is a good hobby...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The list is really good but still missing some of the folks like Lemans, etc.

Many more currently active forummers like ginfreely, euphony, horizonhills, cleyeo, checkers, aisanbo etc etc still haven't add their nicks yet. There are many more.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor.
Hope those guests without account but follow this thread actively will also create an account and join this list.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy this whole post including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya. Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf, relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 units so far in Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm, Polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm, Bayou Water Village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm, Polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm, Pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - East Ledang/ Leisure Farm
14. Lynn - East Ledang
15. Vincentck - Nusa Idaman
16. Vincentck's wife - Nusa Idaman
17. Grago - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
20. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
21. Skippy - Horizon Hill, The Golf
22. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman Hill side Semi D
23. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
24. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
25. TheGolf - Horizon Hills, The Golf
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. mallow - Nusajaya
28. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 129.
30. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Skippy, their system is inefficient including the local bank which we engaged. I'm also trying to waive a penalty charged to us by developer for late progressive payment due to bank's delay for several reasons.

Can I know whether the amount you are depositing/transferring is the progressive interest billed by the bank?

Yes Bro lastresort... the call that the mortage one principle interest charge.
They have reverted today and told me that they can't compensate me by $$.. but offered me something else like a digital photo frame. I told them it's not abt a photo frame. TIME, TRAVELLING, CALLING and great deal of stress. Why would i need to bear these couple of hundreds when mistakes made by the bank. It's totally absurd!!!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi

Thanks for the reply.
So every year I have to set aside 1k for all these taxes.....
First time buying property , needs to know all this and manage my finance.

:biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope those guests without account but follow this thread actively will also create an account and join this list.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy this whole post including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya. Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf, relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 units so far in Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
14. Lynn - East Ledang
15. Vincentck - Nusa Idaman
16. Vincentck's wife - Nusa Idaman
17. Grago - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
20. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
21. Skippy - Horizon Hill, The Golf
22. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman Hill side Semi D
23. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
24. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
25. TheGolf - Horizon Hills, The Golf
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. mallow - Nusajaya
28. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 129.
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agreed with bro Wuqi. Let shop around and chose the best offer, not need to rush. As nowadays local banks are very aggresive and like my case I finally chosed AMB as they give me the best offer 1~3rd Yrs: 4.05% fixed with 3-yrs lock-in period. Lately City Bank offers BLR-2.4 or 2.45% with no-lock in. According to the bank officer, it is a very flexible repayment scheme and also applicable to foreigners. :wink:
Hi Chong2011, care to share the contact of the AMB officer? Care to share how much % loan did u get, 80%/ 85%/ 90%? Thanks.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB

3. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya