• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea wonder why the japs of all the people...?

Of all the people from neighbouring countries like Sg, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand etc, don't know why it's the Japanese who are particularly interested in properties in Iskandar. If the 100 Chinese investors from Wenzhou, who will be visiting Iskandar early next month, are also interested in Iskandar's properties... ... Boomz! (Ris Low's famous word)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all the people from neighbouring countries like Sg, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand etc, don't know why it's the Japanese who are particularly interested in properties in Iskandar. If the 100 Chinese investors from Wenzhou, who will be visiting Iskandar early next month, are also interested in Iskandar's properties... ... Boomz! (Ris Low's famous word)

Japan has so much earthquakes, typhoons and other naturual disasters.. Please come..and live here and make it a First Class Parli(oops)... Residence..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan has so much earthquakes, typhoons and other naturual disasters.. Please come..and live here and make it a First Class Parli(oops)... Residence..

Agreed. Ans with the recent disasters, I bet more then that will be going around buying up properties for a sound retirement/investments. Nobody wants to lose their life savings through disasters.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess maybe japanese got same problem like Singapore lah , everything is super expensive back in Japan . Hence if they spent their hard earn money here in Iskandar , can retire much earlier . Maybe some of them are Japanese expat working in Singapore ?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess maybe japanese got same problem like Singapore lah , everything is super expensive back in Japan . Hence if they spent their hard earn money here in Iskandar , can retire much earlier . Maybe some of them are Japanese expat working in Singapore ?

The answer is quite obvious, knowing that Japan is very prone to Earthquake, they have to find alternative, instead of WAR to own, they buy to own now.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
They interviewed Ismail Ibrahim, CEO of IRDA. Ismail's quest to win over support in Johor during the early days even saw him go down to the Kampungs to tell the villagers how they would benefit from the Iskandar Malaysia project. "We had to dismantle and change the mindset of how they saw themselves and Singapore," he says. He emphasised that Singapore offered the best examples of things such as broadband services, energy management, public sector administration and fiscal planning. And, he kept making the point that south Johor had to benchmark itself against the best in the world, instead of against Kuala Lumpur as it had traditionally done. "For south Johor to grow, we must open up and take advantage of our geographic and strategic position," says Ismail, who hails from Johor hinself.Ismail is a Colombo Plan scholar with a town-planning degree from Heriot-Watt University, and a master's degree in planning law from University of Newcastle.
Thanks Bro Investor, nice write up and Infor.......

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only typed out maybe about 5% of what was published.
Took me about 1 hour I guess, I type really slow.

There was also an article in Edge last year on average price of land in Asia.
Surprising that it is cheaper in Malaysia compared to Philipines & Thailand. (Not sure how they derive the average price)
Taiwan is much cheaper than HK, SIN, Korea though

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2nd visits to 8th avenue Bukit indah after we got the keys, omg, hordes of contractors all wanna talk to us. We spent 2 hours talking to them one by one. Can I ask a question? Is it better to let 1 guy handle all the renovations or choose each contractor individually for each items like furniture, lighting, grills all these?

Deeply appreciated

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case anyone interested..
I came across Setia's annual report & it was stated that Setia acquired SEG site at 3RM psf, ST site at 7.5RM psf & BI site at 10 RM psf

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The answer is quite obvious, knowing that Japan is very prone to Earthquake, they have to find alternative, instead of WAR to own, they buy to own now.

That reminds me of a roadtrip I took to Desaru few weeks back - if you go to Tanjung Pengelih (the east tip of Johor that faces Changi & Ubin), right at the end of the road, you can see a WWII battery that the British constructed. History has it that they made it thinking that the Japanese were coming by sea. We all know they came thru Iskandar by bicycle en route to Singapore. Must have realised Iskandar is a nice place and many years later, came back to buy ...

Furthermore Malaysia always had a Look East policy and Japan companies and people get many preferences in investing. And they love their golf, and the lovely friendly Malaysian girls.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd visits to 8th avenue Bukit indah after we got the keys, omg, hordes of contractors all wanna talk to us. We spent 2 hours talking to them one by one. Can I ask a question? Is it better to let 1 guy handle all the renovations or choose each contractor individually for each items like furniture, lighting, grills all these?

Deeply appreciated

Personal experience, get your own from outside. Once you let one in, they will put a banner or a sticker prominently in front of your house. The rest who wants to work for you will have to pay them commission. Even your own contracters from outside. These contractors are pretty notorious, they work in a group, like gangster. Be extra careful.

Its advisible to lock your gate immediately once you get in. And tell them that you already have your own contracters. I think in Malaysia, it is very common to leave the house unattended for about a year to avoid all the troubles that these contracters can cause. Anyway, please take note of the vehicle numbers of contracters who keep pestering and complain to the RCs. Make a police report if you find them haressing you....

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the place gated and guarded? How come the contractors can come in so easily?
There are only 1 entrance and guarded by securities, I guessed they give some money to securities for Hari Raya goodies, haha.....

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personal experience, get your own from outside. Once you let one in, they will put a banner or a sticker prominently in front of your house. The rest who wants to work for you will have to pay them commission. Even your own contracters from outside. These contractors are pretty notorious, they work in a group, like gangster. Be extra careful.

Its advisible to lock your gate immediately once you get in. And tell them that you already have your own contracters. I think in Malaysia, it is very common to leave the house unattended for about a year to avoid all the troubles that these contracters can cause. Anyway, please take note of the vehicle numbers of contracters who keep pestering and complain to the RCs. Make a police report if you find them haressing you....
Thanks for the advice, locking the gate is a good idea, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.