• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some help needed:

I received email from lawyer to sign "xxx Bank has requested the letter of
acknowledgement to be signed by Purchaser acknowledging the
disbursement of loan pending State Consent and the risk on non
consent by the State Authority pursuant to clause 9(e)(ii) Letter
of Offer."

It has been around 5 mths since state consent application. And i was not told about the risks per se. Anyone encounters the above, and do you sign the acknowledgment?

Pls advise.

You should not sign the letter to disburse payment to developer . Should push the developer to get State Consent done first , since they want the money ! In an unlikely even that state consent not given , you got to solve the problem yourself man !

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing, I bought a copy yesterday.

Yup I like HH_Lover's blog for the constant update of news on Iskandar Region, the list of other Blogs showing their last updates and last but not least the nice photos.

Bro AP , since you buy a copy , can scan and post here to share ? Save us some bucks lor !
Or at least tell us what are the things they say that we missed out in this forum .

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Cathy, I don't know the location of this resort too, didn't google for it either.

I took a quick glance of the brochure before and my memory tell me the resort is the Starhill Golf Country Club.. However my memory might have failed me..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro AP , since you buy a copy , can scan and post here to share ? Save us some bucks lor !
Or at least tell us what are the things they say that we missed out in this forum .

Since when did I become AP :biggrin:

Anyway Jason, they wrote a very long story about Iskandar and Nusajaya, 4 full pages! If I use an iphone to take photos, I think I'll need to take at least 20 shots in order to cover the 4 pages. Most of the investments mentioned are already widely known, so it's nothing new. There are some insider info though:

"Syed Mohamed Syed Ismail, CEO of IIB, says some property investors who looked at Nusajaya months ago but gave it a miss have recently started returning with cheques in hand. The property property prices have gone up and they decide this time round that due diligence has been done. Instead of buying three parcels, one of them came back to buy 15 parcels of land"

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a story about how Iskandar Malaysia won over Marlborough College which was initially interested in a location in Singapore, India or Hong Kong. Bob Pick, Marlborough College's former director for international development, went to India in the early 2007 and to Hong Kong and Singapore in the summer of 2007.

"Bob Pick says one reason Marlborough College chose Iskandar Malaysia is because Khazanah Nasional agreed to work with the school. Khazanah not only provided the land for the school but also agreed to build facilities which it will lease to the school. Iskandar Malaysia also offers nearby facilities for golf, equestrianism and yachting that the new school could use".

There has been hugh interest for the school. Marlborough College will open on 27th Aug 2012. It expects its enrolment to eventually rise to 1,300 students, exceeding the 900 studying in Wiltshire now."

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They interviewed Keith Martin, CEO of Global Capital and Development, and writes about the story of Medini and its progress now.

MDIS will build a campus which is 5 times the size of their school in Singapore.

Pinewood Studio, where several James Bond and Harry Potter movies were filmed, will be ready in 2013 and will eventually need to employ 5,000 workers. LegoLand could need as many as 1,500 workers. In the meantime, they are preparing to build ancillary facilities such as serviced apartments, bars and restaurants to serve the hordes of artistes, film crews and film-production people that they hope will soon be working there.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They interviewed Ismail Ibrahim, CEO of IRDA. Ismail's quest to win over support in Johor during the early days even saw him go down to the Kampungs to tell the villagers how they would benefit from the Iskandar Malaysia project. "We had to dismantle and change the mindset of how they saw themselves and Singapore," he says.

He emphasised that Singapore offered the best examples of things such as broadband services, energy management, public sector administration and fiscal planning. And, he kept making the point that south Johor had to benchmark itself against the best in the world, instead of against Kuala Lumpur as it had traditionally done. "For south Johor to grow, we must open up and take advantage of our geographic and strategic position," says Ismail, who hails from Johor hinself.

Ismail is a Colombo Plan scholar with a town-planning degree from Heriot-Watt University, and a master's degree in planning law from University of Newcastle.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took a quick glance of the brochure before and my memory tell me the resort is the Starhill Golf Country Club.. However my memory might have failed me..

KSL Resort is the hotel on top of KSL City shopping mall. There are few towers on top of the mall, one is the hotel, one is serviced apartment and the other residential. I visited the KSL showflat and the sales staff call the hotel as KSL resort.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when did I become AP :biggrin:

Anyway Jason, they wrote a very long story about Iskandar and Nusajaya, 4 full pages! If I use an iphone to take photos, I think I'll need to take at least 20 shots in order to cover the 4 pages. Most of the investments mentioned are already widely known, so it's nothing new. There are some insider info though:

"Syed Mohamed Syed Ismail, CEO of IIB, says some property investors who looked at Nusajaya months ago but gave it a miss have recently started returning with cheques in hand. The property property prices have gone up and they decide this time round that due diligence has been done. Instead of buying three parcels, one of them came back to buy 15 parcels of land"

Thanks Bros Investor , nice lengthty write out, must be hard on you ! You really save us time and bucks this time .

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL Resort is the hotel on top of KSL City shopping mall. There are few towers on top of the mall, one is the hotel, one is serviced apartment and the other residential. I visited the KSL showflat and the sales staff call the hotel as KSL resort.

yup yup, been there too, if you buy a condo unit with guaranteed returns, you will be allowed to stay in the hotel (KSL Resort) 7 days a year but of course they have priced it into the sale price.

Been to starhills too, it is owned by a Japanese group, my dad has played golf there.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok understand the situation better now...

Mine was different

You should not sign the letter to disburse payment to developer . Should push the developer to get State Consent done first , since they want the money ! In an unlikely even that state consent not given , you got to solve the problem yourself man !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup yup, been there too, if you buy a condo unit with guaranteed returns, you will be allowed to stay in the hotel (KSL Resort) 7 days a year but of course they have priced it into the sale price.

Been to starhills too, it is owned by a Japanese group, my dad has played golf there.

That day i went to see Molek Pine III showflat and was told a Japanese group bought up almost the whole block and so no more units for sale to foreigners!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That day i went to see Molek Pine III showflat and was told a Japanese group bought up almost the whole block and so no more units for sale to foreigners!

Of all the people from neighbouring countries like Sg, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand etc, don't know why it's the Japanese who are particularly interested in properties in Iskandar. If the 100 Chinese investors from Wenzhou, who will be visiting Iskandar early next month, are also interested in Iskandar's properties... ... Boomz! (Ris Low's famous word)

Status
Not open for further replies.