• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids woke up at 12pm today. Just called my mum to check.

Had to cancel all tuitions cause of the jams. Looks like my kids gonna enjoy their stay.... The weather is nice....

Scared the tutors lose interest to teach my kids.... So told them they can make up else il still pay them in the scenario that i am not able to find time for the kids to make up.

Its was a nice weather all day yesterday. We enjoy sleeping until late morning. Wake up in time for lunch. I wish I could go back to sleep for the whole day! :biggrin:

I continued to unpack our things. My hubby completed installing all the lights for the living room and the master bedroom. Next week will be the children's bedroom..... :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like your style.

Your so clear in what you want.

Singapore for living and Johore for investments:smile::smile:

Almost dying from the terrible jams. EVen without the stupid bio-metric implementation, school holidays usually make my blood boil when I need to return home to JB. It has always been the case. Look out for year end Christmas season. At 8pm on a Saturday, u still need to Q for 1 whole hour at Malaysia 2nd link just to enter JB. Usually on a normal Saturday, there are no jams at nights. These bad jams have affected my work. Being a Monday, I have tons of things to clear but if i were to leave after 5pm, I will be struck in jams at 2nd link and reach HH probably almost 7pm if the jam is really bad. So I need to stop work at 3pm today just to make sure I dont get struck in LONG terrible jams. But I am sure I will still need to Q for at least 15 minutes at Malaysia checkpoints. Please do give us the free-flowing traffic soon

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have MACS. They never asked me for fingerprints.

Even they never ask my maid...

it's about time they waive this stupid scanning esp for MACS holder. Why after giving them all the IC information and detail, they still subject people to all scanning nonsense. Worst is some get it and some don't. Why ?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you live? Cause i remember vividly the signal strength at Thistle was really strong. I stayed there a couple of times many years ago and then several times last year. On all occassions i received pretty strong signals from the Singapore operators which i used to call Spore (at local call charges).

So yes if you are staying around there you can get the signal which you can definitely use for internet connectivity.

You know yesterday i was too free.... So i topped up my Maxis prepaid broadband and tested it out in several locations.

I tested out Digi as well.

So i am now clear in terms of which operator to use for what purposes. Wasted money la but money well spent.

Kept testing out the speed (DL AND UL)

BTW you use Discovery Day right?

Wha, shiok ah! My Singtel plan not wasted in JB then. I am staying near Thistle Hotel and sometimes the Singtel signal is 3 bars. However, it is not consistent in strength. As for data, I just tested, it is not 3G, so will be slower.
I am happy if I can make and receive Singapore calls and save the roaming.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Grago.

BTW JAz beer is available at TESCO.

The 300 cl version and the 600 cl version....:wink::wink:

I tried the Dumplings here and my wife and I quite like it especially the Nonya version. It also has vegetarian version. Glory Catering 139 East Coast Road Singapore 428829, it's on the corner of East coast Rd and Joo Chiat Road.:smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i just checked it a few minutes ago using the Android Traffic Camera app.

Looks really clear....

Not sure how the situation is gonna turn out after 6pm....

Now is 3pm and when i saw the onemotoring, causeway is simply clear :smile:

Think many people see the news and got turned off.. decided not to go JB for leisure or makan.. but i think later 5pm plus the jam is coming back again when adults return to jb after working. I think i better rush off to HH using causeway now.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could not find the bus stop you were referring to.

However i noticed a new road being laid from the expressway into MAcdonalds.

Did you see that as well?

Hubby just when there. Just spoken to him over the phone. Seems that they have moved. Now he's checking out the one at 139 Glory Catering. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy im referring to the newly laid road adjacent to the Macdonalds at Setia Tropika....

you had mentioned the possibility of a bus stop outside the immigration office at Setia Tropika.

I could not find the location.

Could not find the bus stop you were referring to.

However i noticed a new road being laid from the expressway into MAcdonalds.

Did you see that as well?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy im referring to the newly laid road adjacent to the Macdonalds at Setia Tropika....

you had mentioned the possibility of a bus stop outside the immigration office at Setia Tropika.

I could not find the location.

Its at the Livistonia Square. Next to the immigration office. If you stand at the 'bus-stop'( I suspected), you can see a big green sign of 1 chinese word 'vegetarian'. Its 'Madamn Liang' vegetarian shop.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry guys, back to MACS again... really sorry.

I am wondering for dependents, are they referring to children only? what about my parents/parents in law? (yes, they are actually my dependents also)

And also, can I bring their passports and all in to Danga Bay, and apply for them, instead of them being physically there?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
just wondering guys, if you go in by Causeway, how to do go to HH? Jalan Skudai->Pasir Gudang Highway->Bukit Indah?
Do you avoid toll at Perling?

wun all the travelling, time taken, Petrol, tolls add up to be about the same if you go by 2nd link?

Just wondering coz I wonder if its worth while doing it.

Difference of $11 on toll charges.

Distance from causeway to HH is about 20km, so thats about 2L of petrol, 2 ways will be 4L @RM2.90/L, or RM11.60 ($5)

Toll at perling is RM1.80 ($0.75).

is the $5 really worth all the trouble and jams and wear and tear of your car?

I guess if you are working near Woodlands/East in Singapore, its worthwhile, but if you are in the central/south/West of Singapore?

Bro,

Not sure if this helps...
Coming from JB towards the Perling toll... on the main road leading towards the toll, you can see several left turns into various Tamans...
If I remember correctly, take the left turn into Taman Duta and it goes straight into Bukit Indah... just go straight all the way to the end, then turn right when you see road construction, I think thats gonna be the highway leading into HH...

This way, you bypass the Perling toll and at same time, if you're interested, there are quite a lot of shops all along both sides of the road.

Also, recently discovered that from Bkt Indah if you go straight past HSBC/Standard Chartered towards Taman Bestari, you will reach Taman Sutera (something)... and just past this Taman, is a short cut right into Skudai. Lots of nice food here too.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose when the new coastal highway is up, we need not drive to perling exit/toll.. can just drive straight after custom and in a while we will hit coastal highway and another 5 minute should be at HH. NO TOLL! Cant wait man ... see the coastal highway outside the HH clubhouse every other day.. my heart is beating fast for its grand opening.

Hi horizonhills,
So Coastal Highway will have
1) an exit to Bukit Indah whereby you can enter HH via that public road?
Or
2) an exit directly to HH compound?

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was the short cut into the Skudai area i was referring to.

I think euphony had asked for this if i am not wrong and i had explained to euphony about this.

Thanks maxpark.

Bro,

Also, recently discovered that from Bkt Indah if you go straight past HSBC/Standard Chartered towards Taman Bestari, you will reach Taman Sutera (something)...
and just past this Taman, is a short cut right into Skudai. Lots of nice food here too.

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

am currently staying in a rented place in Permas Jaya.
just asking where in JB can i take good executive potrait photographs?
also any good language schools where i can learn Bahasa?

thanks!

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi if u are referring to the appn for MACs, they have to be phyiscally present.. Not in Danga bay but in either Woodlands or Tuas Malaysian customs counter. I will recommend using 2nd link custom as one need not walk a long way off to apply. And not many people..

Hi HH,

the one at customs is for frequent users, and at Danga Bay is for property owners (from what I gather here in this forum), correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.