• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
As per above, hope this helps .

Hi Bro Wuqi, Professor and all brothers, I have received my electricity bill for this month.. Its 23.80RM... I have yet to see the water bill.. Can I find out from you guys how is the monthly bill determined? There is a meter somewhere?? Becos 23.80Rm is quite cheap.. Did they underestimate the bill? I used to pay $80 sing for my share of household utilities in Singapore..

Yes, there is a meter outside every unit. Just like Sg, the meters are read bi-monthly. If estimate, I think the code is "A". Do you know that in the state of Johore, if your electrical bills is below RM20, the state pays for you, yes, its FREE! I think your water bill should be the minimum charge - RM5.

I have heard of this before but not sure how true this is.. Perhaps next month I try harder to keep it below 20RM...

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi, Professor and all brothers, I have received my electricity bill for this month.. Its 23.80RM... I have yet to see the water bill.. Can I find out from you guys how is the monthly bill determined? There is a meter somewhere?? Becos 23.80Rm is quite cheap.. Did they underestimate the bill? I used to pay $80 sing for my share of household utilities in Singapore..

Yes, there is a meter outside every unit. Just like Sg, the meters are read bi-monthly. If estimate, I think the code is "A". Do you know that in the state of Johore, if your electrical bills is below RM20, the state pays for you, yes, its FREE! I think your water bill should be the minimum charge - RM5.
Lucky you, my electricity bill is normally 400 - 500 RM while water is about 20 RM. However, it is anyway better than 350 SGD paid for similar consumption at a condo in Singapore.

Last edited:

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you happen to have her number so that I can make arrangements to meet her at the show unit?

yeah, EL is very hot currently but i guess they have proven their worth. The bwv unit was ~$583k excluding cash rebate from developer. According to the sales, there are about 20 units left thereabouts from 200+. only terraces. All bungalows/semi-D sold out. They are fully furnishing a few lots now and selling them as a package (at a higher price) soon. The sales is slower there I guess mainly due to the entrance so if you're interested must go in with eyes wide open and see if it will matter to you. Hope you find what you want! If you do go down for a visit look for Juslyn. She's very warm, informative and neutral.

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere that Medini is leasehold.

I have tried calling their office but no one picked up. Might be due to the fact that I called at 540pm earlier. Emailed some of the sales staff but have yet to get any response.

Might pop down to Kotaraya this weekend to get some answers. Anything interesting at Kotaraya?

It could be freehold in a way but the prices are gota be VERY expensive. 10-20 years down the road, this place will be like our River Valley, Clarke Quay, Merlion park etc.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have tried calling their office but no one picked up. Might be due to the fact that I called at 540pm earlier. Emailed some of the sales staff but have yet to get any response.

Might pop down to Kotaraya this weekend to get some answers. Anything interesting at Kotaraya?

They have both FH and LH. The condo at Puteri Harbour is FH.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

err... would you call City Square interesting? :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

I am driving into JB with friends this sat to view their bungalow at Seita Orion (Bukit Indah), which is still under renovation. Thereafter, I would be staying overnight so that I could meet an agent the next morning to view a terrace at Horizon Hills.

Appreciate if you could answer 2 questions here:

1. Is there any place to stay overnight where I can safely park my car?
Best if I can stay at HH so that I can get a feel of staying there?
I am open towards paying if there is such lobang here.

2. What do you think of Seita Orion as compared to HH? Me and my boyfriend are interested in buying a terrace there as well but are unsure of its security.

Thanks a mil! =)

Hi rhino,
1) The question about hotel accom stunned me... never thought of it, i do know some friends stayed overnight at Thistle Hotel. Not possible to view house on same day? Otherwise driving back on Sat night and returning on Sun morning does not hve much traffic. Its really quite near :smile:
2) Bukit Indah area has been around for a while and it is quite mixed. Orion Link Bungalow - i believe this is close to a million. For this price why don't you explore more "upmarket" areas? No offence to bros who bought houses at Bukit Indah :-p

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
after looking at various developments for the past few months, i have finally settled for a unit at bayou water village within LF. whilst i do agree the lonely road to the development leaves much to be desired, I also see it as potential as well hoping that entrances be made either into 2nd link or coastal highway via medini. Once this opens I guess the home values may possibly see appreciation since geographically speaking it is closer to the 2nd link. If it doesn't well, I guess I just need extra precaution as always. The size seems perfect for me as a singleton and my mum plus the house is pretty well furnished. and its built and its wysiwyg! I was also looking at EL and lovvvvved the semi-Ds. they were much bigger, very well finished and designed but I can't afford it and the terraces were long gone too. Seems they were pretty hot, when I asked there were 4 units left but just a few days later, sold out.

the sales lady was very friendly and brought me around the huge development a bit. I went to the highest point overlooking LH and EL it was breath-taking. And I now know what wealthy is. I passed by a bungalow who has a chambermaid in uniform and a gardener tending to its lawn. phew! i am already over the hill with my comparatively mediocre sized terrace. Hope it all works out in time to come. =)

Euphony
Congrats on your purchase of LF. With prices surging at EL and HH, LF could well be the "pockets of opportunity" now. Like you said, who knows the access to highway might be obtained in future. LF is indeed very charming and a calming oasis... i love the greeneries and the Equestrian school... 583k sounds very reasonable

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have heard of this before but not sure how true this is.. Perhaps next month I try harder to keep it below 20RM...

clean the air filter of the air-con if very dirty. that will conserve some energy just as choked air filter in cars drive up fuel consumption.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you happen to have her number so that I can make arrangements to meet her at the show unit?

Hi BK: I think this is the mainline but you can try +607 556 3003. Tell her you're referred to by me (Yang). actually not that it'll help in anything really!
why not drop by the medini office? I think its better in both cases to go straight in for info rather than call. the medini office is diagonally opposite the EL sales office.
I think you're not referring to kotaraya, more like kota iskandar right? =) right now the place is pretty quiet cept for the bus terminal, the government offices and the puteri harbor marina club. but its a nice drive around the area. if you go in on the earlier loop you might even see the edge of horizon hills as the coastal highway joins KI.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Euphony
Congrats on your purchase of LF. With prices surging at EL and HH, LF could well be the "pockets of opportunity" now. Like you said, who knows the access to highway might be obtained in future. LF is indeed very charming and a calming oasis... i love the greeneries and the Equestrian school... 583k sounds very reasonable

cheers. there are good and bad points about LF. it was a hard decision putting the other choice developments in direct comparison this one won out for me in my circumstance but for another person with other motivations this may not be appealing at all. i'm really looking forward to see what nusajaya will be like 1, 5 and even 10 years from now. A step closer to what Shen zhen is to HK?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thistle Hotel is possibly one of the nicest places to stay while in JB.

The seaview rooms are pleasant.

In addition you can get Singapore mobile service providers signals.

So no roaming charges.

I used to stay at Thistle regularly (almost everyweekend) when i was in the process of buying my Setia Tropika property. I enjoyed my stay.

They have probably one of the nicer breakfasts in JB.

Hi rhino,
1) The question about hotel accom stunned me... never thought of it, i do know some friends stayed overnight at Thistle Hotel. Not possible to view house on same day? Otherwise driving back on Sat night and returning on Sun morning does not hve much traffic. Its really quite near :smile:
:-p

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove to JB with my wife last night at 8am via Causeway.

To my badluck there was a jam on the Singapore side. However once we crossed Spore immigration travel was a breeze.

We followed directions to Pontian via Danga Bay - Plaza Angsana route. The Danga Bay road has been done up very nicely and its 3 lanes at the moment. Had very little traffic at 9pm. I can imagine once the CH is up there will be even lesser traffic to Bukit Indah via this route.

For the moment Bukit INdah is my favourite shopping destination because of the confluence of Giant/Tesco/Jusco in near proximity of each other.

At Bukit Indah i went to my favourite money changer. Display rate Rm 237. However they gave me Rm 240. I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyone got the exchange rate today? 15 Apr. I checked online that its surely over RM 2.40. I gota feeling Arcade can give well over RM 2.41!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
After that my wife and I went to the Jusco Toiletries section bought a couple of shampoos (reasonably priced when compared to their Spore prices) and then headed down to Station one Cafe.

Had dinner there.

Drove back to Spore.

Reached home at 1250am. Again a journey of 45-50 minutes as the last time.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been quite time since anyone talked about Ledang Heights. I just bought a house there, and hope to move in before end of the year. There were quite some scary stories about crimes in LH some time back, but I would like to know the situation now. Noticed that EUM has completed works of erecting new perimeter fence with some detection sensor or what. Quite a relief to note, but can any of my would-be-neighbours share the latest situation there?

Welcome, fairies, to LH. Yes there were break-ins and robberies, the last known one [you should get on the residents' informal email network] happened on 2nd August 2010 to my husband and myself - this was a robbery with light violence. I think that was the last straw for UEM and the residents. The security guard company was changed, patrols were stepped up and the $5 million security fence with fibre optic wires + cameras began work and is near completion. Most important, all drains were barred off, as these gave easy entry/exit to the (illegal?) Indonesians - in case Singaporeans did not know, there was a frightening spate of robberies in the Telok Kurau area last year which baffled the police as the robbers/thieves - also by Indons - seemed to vanish ... it was down the monsoon drains, they eventually found out.

Provided the barred drains are checked and maintained, LH is safe enough for us. Nonetheless, you should install your own security system. This could be solid grilles, an alarm system or whatever.

Dogs are excellent as last year, in the days of poor patrolling, one of the threatened robberies [10 Vietnamese men] ended when the neighbour's three large dogs were set loose. If you like dogs and want to adopt a dog, please be in touch as Noah's Ark and Johor's SPCA has many puppies and young dogs available to a good home. They also have many kittens for adoption - you need never fear a mouse with one or two of these.

Note that while we all love and appreciate the square miles of green, and these harbour spectacular wild life in the many, many birds, beautiful shy lizards, butterflies, dragonflies of all colours, they also may have snakes. I used to be totally paralyzed with fear at even the thought of a snake. Well, certainly if it is a cobra or such. A good friend who is a vet in Singapore said "three mixed breed dogs and No Snakes!". They need not be big dogs which are expensive to feed and keep well.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the moment Danga Bay looked pretty dead to me when compared with the euphoria and hysteria that greeted its launch.

Possibly Danga Bay will see better times upon completion of all the construction activity nearby

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems difficult to find some products at Jusco, Giant & Tesco at Bukit Indah. In particular I have noticed few things missing (I'm sure that everyone would have something to add):
1. Sour cream / Cottage cheese - not available at all in all three of those.
2. Gherkins - nice and big marinated.
3. Semi dried tomatoes.
4. Good quality sausages (selection is quite basic and most are tasteless).
5. Selection of cheese is quite limited.
6. No variety of Pates.
7. Frozen bread/pastry (e.g. Delifrance Baguettes).
8. Peas (small and light green in colour) - only some big dark green monsters are available.
9. Delicatessen.
10. No online store with delivery.

Is there any chance we can make them to improve on that or what would be alternative shopping destination nearby for such items?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in case Singaporeans did not know, there was a frightening spate of robberies in the Telok Kurau area last year which baffled the police as the robbers/thieves - also by Indons - seemed to vanish ... it was down the monsoon drains, they eventually found out.

Hi mallow, any link to the news of the spate of roberries in Telok Kurau Singapore(just in case some Singaporeans think that Telok Kurau is in Malaysia)?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try the Guardian Super market at Pelangi Plaza. It's off Jalan Tebrau, Taman Pelangi. at the junction to Century Gardens, Taman Pelangi.

It seems difficult to find some products at Jusco, Giant & Tesco at Bukit Indah. In particular I have noticed few things missing (I'm sure that everyone would have something to add):
1. Sour cream / Cottage cheese - not available at all in all three of those.
2. Gherkins - nice and big marinated.
3. Semi dried tomatoes.
4. Good quality sausages (selection is quite basic and most are tasteless).
5. Selection of cheese is quite limited.
6. No variety of Pates.
7. Frozen bread/pastry (e.g. Delifrance Baguettes).
8. Peas (small and light green in colour) - only some big dark green monsters are available.
9. Delicatessen.
10. No online store with delivery.

Is there any chance we can make them to improve on that or what would be alternative shopping destination nearby for such items?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to JB to hunt for a water filter yesterday. 2 option to consider now.

1. I went to Sutera Mall and got this. Buy and external sand filter tank and another 6 filter internal ones for water consumption at the kitchen. Total package RM2028. But their filters don't give negative ions.

2. Buy an external filter tank from Sutera Mall for RM 1650. Then buy from Cosway at Setia Tropika Livistonia Square another 8 filter internal ones for water consumption at the kitchen for RM325 including membership.

The salesman at Sutera Mall are saying that Cosway's filters are made in China and theirs made in Korea. And their negative ions are artificial. I have my doubts but I really hated saleman who over zealous in talking down other's people's products. It shows that they are not confident of their own product at all. Now I'm still considering.

Bros and Sis here, if for you, which option would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance for your kind participations. :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.