• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, it's money Matters Foreign Exchange, 11 collyer quay, #02-32/33 The Arcade. Tel: 6222-1451. Better call up to check the rate first!

Yes I "double confirm' that they are able to give one of the best rates, I'm their customer too. 1 or 2 other money changers on the same floor(2nd floor) are able to give comparable rates or even 10 cents higher sometimes. It depends on the exact time when they bought their money to keep as their stock, exchange rate fluctuates every seconds. So maybe Money Matters display a better rate today, another money changer might display a better rate tomorrow. The key is to compare the displayed rates on 2nd floor of Arcade, don't waste your time going to 1st floor as their rates are lousier as they operate like retailers rather than wholesalers. All the most competitive rates are on 2nd floor.

I can say that Arcade provides one of the best rates in Singapore. I've went to Parkway once and with the rate they offered, I'll be getting RM420 lesser as I called Arcade to compare rates. I asked them whether they can meet Arcade's rate but they said they were unable to. They counter offered me their best rate but still RM100 lesser than Arcade. I thought it was not worth the trouble to drive to Arcade just for another Rm100, thus I just took their offer.

Where ever you guys go to exchange Ringgit next time, just call Money Matters at the number stated by Jogs1 above to compare the rate and remember to post your comparison here so as to benefit every reader. When you call, ask for Aneen or Anvar so that they will think that you are their big time regular customer who has their business card :smile:

Thanks Jogs1 and Investor. Great to know another good money changer. Appreciate it.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed:
1) Spore really needs the N-S Highway
2) By the time its ready we will all be so much older

In that respect yes the EDL is pretty fast. Just that i am impatient. Cant wait for it to finish and ofcourse use it.

That's considered super duper lightning fast when compared to Singapore's new North-South Expressway which will only start construction in 2013 and complete in 2020 :eek: That will be a long long wait man! By 2020, Iskandar is already nearing its full development which they targeted to be 2025.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway the queues are horrendously long and it is perennial. Go at 8am, 4pm also same.

I remember seeing the queues when i had gone there to meet my friends in the Banking Industry.

Only one small money changer outside POSB has that kinda long queue during lunch hour and their rate for ringgit is not as good as Money Matters which is located at the end of the same stretch. Maybe they give good rates for other currencies. Anyway if you change in big amount, they will let you access a small room and thus no need to queue.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have called up Money Matters at Arcade but they kept telling me to go down to the counter to check the rate. Imagine I had to drive into city with ERP and parking just to enquire.. a bit not worth it unless I am passing by.

The magic word is their names, I guess they will only give rates to customers who know their names 'Aneen' or 'Anvar'. They gave me their business card with those two names on it and told me that I can call to check rate first. They don't even know my name.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy, actually in the greater scheme of things, the EDL is linked to coastal highway via CIQ causeway. When we leave the bridge towards pelangi the remaining will connect into the coastal highway. Must +++ time for EDL. Although the NSH side looks good to go, the bakar batu side is still a bit all over the place when i pass by from time to time. also, i suspect there will be major construction linking to CIQ that bit is till pretty roughed out now. How will the exiting traffic be directed to EDL entrance for example. when it is ready for traffic I think ST properties will go through another round of appreciation? =)

Thanks for your explanations Euphoria. Yes, can't wait to use the EDL as it will definately lessen the time from ST to CIQ. Don't really care about the appreciation though, but I think rental will definately appreciate.

heresnextlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys (and ladies),

Recently, I managed to get a metal guy(Shop name: Iron Man, nice name!!!) for grills at 3.5k just for ground level considering a good rate (Initial quote, I got from ID at more than 10k, what a joke!).

I just hope to share. No commission. Should you need his quote, its just you and him.

After reading this thread, I start to worry. Grills or no grills. I'm still considering but I felt it's a good rate. I had engaged him on the house extension already. (He is a nice guy!)

His name is Sam. Mobile at 019-7411320.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
East Ledang's planning for new phases of Twin Villa, will probably be in phase 6 and are expected to be launched in 2013. Source from EL facebook. More semi-ds n less bungalows now.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phew....

I got 3 store rooms in my home. I wanted to install some ply wood racks in them.

Ofcourse i wanted to use the thicker plywood.

I just needed about 7 racks smoothened and painted on.

Guess how much i was quoted?

Rm 1800!!!

Wanna die or not??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
More semi- ds? Probably they had a hard time selling bungalows. In HH I heard the latest phase of bungalows sold like hotcakes on very first day.. around RM 3 million per piece.

Yes, 2 of them are my learned friends who went around looking for bungalows recently. Its not yet 3m though but maybe they got the ones lower or with other facing.

Bungalows are out for me. :smile:

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

I have been following this forum for some time.
Thanks to all for sharing valuable information which really make it much easier for those who plan to live or invest in JB.

I live in Austin Heights (more of a weekend home) since Dec 10. I am loving the experience despite the inconvenience in travelling. Yes, I am so much looking forward to the completion of EDL highway...

Have been looking around - HH, EL, Senibong Cove - and hoping to find another unit to invest in. I am considering shop houses too...

Btw, the rate at The Arcade was 2.398 today lunch time. Over at funan, it was 2.388.

cya

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

I am driving into JB with friends this sat to view their bungalow at Seita Orion (Bukit Indah), which is still under renovation. Thereafter, I would be staying overnight so that I could meet an agent the next morning to view a terrace at Horizon Hills.

Appreciate if you could answer 2 questions here:

1. Is there any place to stay overnight where I can safely park my car?
Best if I can stay at HH so that I can get a feel of staying there?
I am open towards paying if there is such lobang here.

2. What do you think of Seita Orion as compared to HH? Me and my boyfriend are interested in buying a terrace there as well but are unsure of its security.

Thanks a mil! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.