• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about potholes, I am not sure if this has been noticed. There has been a general increase in potholes on quite a few of the roads and there has been a deterioration of the road surface.

This is a usual occurence after heavy monsoons. When heavy vehicles depress the road surface (where water has seeped in) the pot holes become bigger.

Some of the potholes i noticed were atleast 3 inches deep. My car did take a beating a couple of times.

Some of the bad roads i noticed were the pasir gudang highway and some roads around nusa bestari.

Will they allow the situation to deteriorate or will they patch up now or possibly after most of the infrastructure projects are complete next year?

What i have learnt in life is, if you set out to find potholes,

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Macdonalds can possibly survive cause its MAcdonalds and in all likelihood will have a drive thru as well. So the traffic from the highway will possibly patronise it.

Now i am wondering how the other f&Bs will survive? Is the human traffic sufficient? It has to be commercially viable right?

Yeah its great for us though.

Yep. Heard about it too. MacDonald is standalone, all the rest situated inside the commecial hub. 2 storeys of F&Bs, 2 storeys offices and 1 storey private gym. I heard that Setia requires them under contract to be open by certain hours in the morning and everyday of the week. If not they will get penalty. Which is good for us. At least we don't go there just to find out that they are closed.:p

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about potholes, I am not sure if this has been noticed. There has been a general increase in potholes on quite a few of the roads and there has been a deterioration of the road surface.

This is a usual occurence after heavy monsoons. When heavy vehicles depress the road surface (where water has seeped in) the pot holes become bigger.

Some of the potholes i noticed were atleast 3 inches deep. My car did take a beating a couple of times.

Some of the bad roads i noticed were the pasir gudang highway and some roads around nusa bestari.

Will they allow the situation to deteriorate or will they patch up now or possibly after most of the infrastructure projects are complete next year?

I noticed that the manholes in East Ledang are also not leveled with the road surface. Therefore, one has to manoveure around these manholes when driving on the estate roads. Wonder if this is the same elsewhere in Johore?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy birthday to all, hopefully I'll celebrate tis special day in EL by next year:smile:

Went to EL yesterday, quite surprise saw many people there...sales rep very busy as well. But I knew not many units are available at this moment, think they withdraw all freebies n $$ for semi-d also increase another 5% more.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy, what is Cukai Harta? :smile:

Mean in chinese 'men pai shui', house plate. People from MBJB came down to Setia on June last year to do the collection. I paid it and changed the name from Setia to me and my hubby's name there too. So Professor you can keep a look out for it around that time. Do remember to bring along a copy of your S & P. They need it to process changes. :wink:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Macdonalds can possibly survive cause its MAcdonalds and in all likelihood will have a drive thru as well. So the traffic from the highway will possibly patronise it.

Now i am wondering how the other f&Bs will survive? Is the human traffic sufficient? It has to be commercially viable right?

Yeah its great for us though.

I guess that's why its build near the condos, and after the KDN building started to operate. And hopefully the MRT starts operating around 2018 though. Then it could be super congested. By then I think its time for me to move to another location liao. :wink:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did my MACS application at 2nd link. Required to fill up a simple form (much like the white card), provide passport + 1 photo and got it done in 15min! Was there around 5pm and there was no queue.

As for potholes, not only are they now more prevalent in MY due to heavy rains, but SG also has them; although the size, number of such holes in MY is much higher! Have to weave all around them holes to save my poor old car's suspension....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mean in chinese 'men pai shui', house plate. People from MBJB came down to Setia on June last year to do the collection. I paid it and changed the name from Setia to me and my hubby's name there too. So Professor you can keep a look out for it around that time. Do remember to bring along a copy of your S & P. They need it to process changes. :wink:

Hi Cathy, how much do you have to pay for this house plate thing? Is it a one time payment? How about property tax, how much do you have to pay (roughly)? :smile:

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have 2 questions

1. for living purpose, freehold condo or freehold landed properties

2. what is the arangements like for foreigners should the freehold properties
are reaccquired for redevelopments for both condo and landed?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would go for landed if you have family and a condo unit if you don't want or can't take care of the place or if you have a small family.

If you want to be really safe, search out only non bumiputra places and development with the land gazetted for foreigners.

More information, some of this is a bit outdated though:

http://eprints.utm.my/4919/1/TheLaw.pdf

4.0 CONCLUSION
Prior to the 1992 Amendment, the law did not impose any limitation
on foreign landownership in the country. Despite the liberalised law, the State Authority
of Johor in alienating land have been imposing variou forms of restrictions in interest on the land alienated or on realienation
of land, the latest form being restrictions against purchase
of shoplots and residential lots by foreigners. However, the effectiveness of these restrictions in controlling the increase of foreign purchases of land was all suspect due to overwhelming number of properties acquired by the Singaporeans in recent years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes there are still potholes, they are filling them up but slowly and not doing anything for roads that will soon be replaced by highway, example towards Perling side

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be difficult for you to move to another location Cathy for atleast 2 reasons. There could be more....

1) New developments will possibly be further
2) ST is quite nicely designed. The single entry and single exit concept i really lurve it. In addition the demarcation of commercial areas from residential areas is another big plus

As an eg if you look at Bukit Indah (earlier developments from Setia) the security aspect(s) had not been properly planned.

By then I think its time for me to move to another location liao. :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The objective of course is to get the public to use the toll ways and swell the profits of the companies that built them.

I was driving around Nusa Bestari today. The area near Standard Chartered... Narrowly missed the pothole along the left lane..

Yes there are still potholes, they are filling them up but slowly and not doing anything for roads that will soon be replaced by highway, example towards Perling side

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 taxes to be paid every year

Cukai Harta atleast Rm 400 and above for foreigners. can be paid in 2 installments

Cukai Pintu about Rm 70 single installment

Hi Cathy, how much do you have to pay for this house plate thing? Is it a one time payment? How about property tax, how much do you have to pay (roughly)? :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reduction in toll at the 2nd link does not seem to have made a difference..

People still love to use the Causeway??

For those who enter-exit Spore through the 2nd link it must be a pretty expensive process (exclude the expats and other hi networth individuals who would definitely be a small percentage)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRice Comparison again...

However a good and clean massage was cheap.

A very hot day today.... But had a very good and clean massage for RM 40

Happy hour pricing!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and SAFE money changer place near to Bukit Indah, HH area to change currencies... say few thousand each time?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur right. The 2nd link is a niceway to drive into MY. My wife loves to enter MY via 2nd link. The road is nice and well maintained apart from lesser traffic.

For me personally i choose between Causeway and 2nd link based on traffic conditions. If both are free flowing i usually choose the Causeway cause its shorter.

Statistics show a 10% increase in the traffic volume in 2nd link. Maybe u cant notice it but I use the 2nd link to and fro almost every day. Actually I can also use causeway at much cheaper toll but I dislike causeway. Even without traffic, the winding roads limit my speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.