• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure the Maybank inside AEON Jusco shopping centre in Bukit Indah is reasonably safe.

Am aware of Maybank there but bank conversion rates are generally much higher...
Are there any money changers that can give good rates in these areas and which you would not hesitate to change, say sgd10-20k each time?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Am aware of Maybank there but bank conversion rates are generally much higher...
Are there any money changers that can give good rates in these areas and which you would not hesitate to change, say sgd10-20k each time?

Maxpark, PM me. Don't let anyone knows when and where you are changing money

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to EL yesterday, quite surprise saw many people there...sales rep very busy as well. But I knew not many units are available at this moment, think they withdraw all freebies n $$ for semi-d also increase another 5% more.

5%...sounds like % price increase for semi d is lower than the % price increase for EL terrace

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never safe to deal with too much cash.

If you have an address in MY, why not open a bank account in MY? Then you can just remit money via a moneychanger in SG (good rate) over directly into your account.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know which money changer Singapore do remittance to Malaysia? Do you have their contact number?[/QUOT

There is one on the 2nd Floor of Change Alley. That is how I remit money to UEM Land for the purchase of my terrace at East Ledang. First timyme doing it this way. It is quite "scary" as they just chop on my application form and told me it is done, after the money is handed over. But everything turned out
ok

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maxpark, PM me. Don't let anyone knows when and where you are changing money

Hi Wuqi, et al,

Thanks for the good advice.

Had some free time today, went to open account with Maybank, so will remit fm Singapore if bigger amounts needed.
Recce-d around and seems there are quite a number of money changers around Bt Indah area, will use them for smaller amounts.

Best offer today was 237 but did not see any big cups :biggrin:

Cheers!

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know which money changer Singapore do remittance to Malaysia? Do you have their contact number?

Any of those at Parkway. I usually use Sino (next to Citibank) or Yakadir (beside HSBC).

Sino tends to have better rates than Yakadir for larger amount, but this fluctuates daily so just check. Sino waives the S$10 charge for larger amount.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still lose money for wiring and commission.

You get to remit at money changer's rate, for Sino (at Parkway) they might even offer you better rate than changing cash, or same rate. The S$10 is waived for larger amount, i think more than 10k thereabout. There are no other costs involved ==> same as changing cash except you don't have to carry them around.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of carrying cash?
Say..$5 to 10k worth?

Remember largest ringgit note is only Rm100 since bigger notes are no longer in circulation. But even RM100 are in short supply. Most likely moneychanger will give you RM50 notes. This means walking away from the moneychanger carrying thick wads of cash looking like you have just robbed a bank.

Best part when you get to the Malaysian bank to deposit, the bank teller will tell you to use the cash deposit machine. The machine can only swallow max 99 pcs in one go. Often times there'll be some notes it cannot digest and you have to try again. You end up hogging the machine while here you are trying to be discreet and a long queue is forming behind you.

No shit Sherlock will come by shortly to spell out the big obvious reason why it is not safe.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh! Our washing machine broke down and have to buy a new one. I was hoping it can last us one more year so that we don't have to move from Singapore to JB when the house is ready. I was told there are taxes when you move electrical items to JB. :(

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know which money changer Singapore do remittance to Malaysia? Do you have their contact number?

There are so many money changers that remit money to M'sia : Jurong point basement has 2, Boon Lay shopping at least 3 that I have traied. I use to bring stack of ringgits to deposit but it is so unsafe and troublesome. Now I use those that I have tried. You get a 0.005 point extra for remittance compare to cash but you pay an extra S$10 as well , so max it at RM10,000 because that is the limit. Was told that today rate is 2.375 , so remittance would be 2.38.:smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah that really is a very good price.

Where did you go? Address?

I am a sucker for good and clean massage.

Address I not sure. Because I see the big banner RM22 45min foot massage. Is a clean joint. Is the saloon and foot massage joint together.
Some where in Pelangi same st with Alliance Bank( Behind the Maybank). Near to the end of the st selling comic book and fishing tackle shop.
I way near by to buy fishing tackle. Whne I saw the banner just give it a try. Really experience massager by adult Malaysian Uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.