• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not sure whether these are major cracks, just that they are not fine or hairline cracks, a bit strange for new buildings. In Singapore, may be only see that in old buildings. But only saw at the HH terraces though, not the semi ds.

Er...the Sengkang flats news was in 2003...many years ago. Seriously I won't mind being in their shoes, heard from my colleague who bought HDB in Sengkang/Punggol around that time for 200k+, now is 400k+, double already :biggrin:

Years do not stop people repeating crime reports from 2007 and beyond here but we will be fair.

How about this then, this was recent but in Punggol and the problem lasted from 2007:
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...2416/water_leaks_from_switch_for_3_years.html

There was another one from SengKang that was very recent as well but i can't find it right now, here is one from Yishun

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s....html?articlePage=&photosPage=&commentsPage=2

"To date, there was no such thing except a template reply asking us to share the cost and that the leaks were due to fair wear and tear.

"How can styrofoam in the building structure be fair wear and tear? I am totally disappointed with HDB's professionalism.

"Safety is another question, how safe is my ceiling? I cannot use my toilet knowing that there was shoddy construction and that it might collapse on me.

"I feel that HDB should address the actual problem and make due repairs without pushing it to the residents."

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There is one there ginfreely,its not that fast though but enough for teleconference. I would still get something (and even a backup link) for mission critical usage.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Likely this was not a crime in SengKang but a tyre repair job instead, maybe the rims just needs repainting:

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/images/0924_gallery_tyretheft.jpg

Terence Wong, 34, had driven past the car in the picture in Sengkang East Way carpark level 2B, linked to Blk 260A)on Saturday 25 September at 2pm when he noticed that the vehicle had been resting on a brick - the front left wheel had been stolen.
He then took a closer look at the vehicle and realised the right wheel of the car was missing as well.
In his email to STOMP, he says: "It's kinda worrisome when I think anyone could have taken the wheels from my car too!"

Source:
http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/past/0924.html

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years do not stop people repeating crime reports from 2007 and beyond here but we will be fair.

How about this then, this was recent but in Punggol and the problem lasted from 2007:
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...2416/water_leaks_from_switch_for_3_years.html

There was another one from SengKang that was very recent as well but i can't find it right now, here is one from Yishun

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s....html?articlePage=&photosPage=&commentsPage=2

"To date, there was no such thing except a template reply asking us to share the cost and that the leaks were due to fair wear and tear.

"How can styrofoam in the building structure be fair wear and tear? I am totally disappointed with HDB's professionalism.

"Safety is another question, how safe is my ceiling? I cannot use my toilet knowing that there was shoddy construction and that it might collapse on me.

"I feel that HDB should address the actual problem and make due repairs without pushing it to the residents."

Oh dear HDB got so much problems? Better buy condos then :smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was raining since dinner time... it stopped, but it rained again... and then it finally stopped at 1130pm.

The clock struck 12... lo and behold... thunderous blasts came from all around the house, dark skies were lit with continuous flashes of light... from the east i heard a loud "boomzz"! as a ball of light rocketed up the sky more than a hundred feet, i counted 1..2..3 and the ball of light burst into a glamorous spectacle of fireworks which must be as large as a basketball court... from the west i heard another "boomzz" and the same happened... from the north there were "boom boom boom boom" smaller balls of firework but much faster and concentrated... and then it was "boomzz" and "boom boom boom boom" and "prapprapprapprap" all the way a beautiful syncrony of sight and sound which lasted for the next hour... by then the whole kampong was smouldering with the remnants flames with a few lanterns still floating in the sky...

Happy Chinese New Year !!!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Help, My house main circuit jumper won't start and it is still the CNY period where can i find a diesel or LPG portable power generator to help me tide this period?

I had turn off all the lights and switches and had even pull out the plug on the heater.
Be it Singapore or in JB can I find a supplier.
Help!!!
I'm living in total darkness.....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Help, My house main circuit jumper won't start and it is still the CNY period where can i find a diesel or LPG portable power generator to help me tide this period?

I had turn off all the lights and switches and had even pull out the plug on the heater.
Be it Singapore or in JB can I find a supplier.
Help!!!
I'm living in total darkness.....

Hubby say check ELCB see can or not. Take out the fuse from outside. Then on the jumper from inside. See whether can or not. If not then got to ask electrician to go down and change the whole circuit jumper for you liao. Don't change your self lah. Wait got electricuited! :p

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Danteakc, sorry to hear that, contact the township people, most are out unfortunately but you can still contact folks there and from TNB to help out.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was expecting a terrible jam at the 2 immigration offices on my return to Sg from MY on Sunday. So i left my home in ST at 905am and reached my home in Sengkang at about 950am. That was pretty fast. Only 45 min.

But then when i read the newspapers yday i realised there was no traffic jam the whole day....

Wasted isnt it?

I could have left in the night. But who can predict the traffic situation at the Causeway?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was expecting a terrible jam at the 2 immigration offices on my return to Sg from MY on Sunday. So i left my home in ST at 905am and reached my home in Sengkang at about 950am. That was pretty fast. Only 45 min.

But then when i read the newspapers yday i realised there was no traffic jam the whole day....

Wasted isnt it?

I could have left in the night. But who can predict the traffic situation at the Causeway?

Yes, yes. I gave my wkends home a miss this CNY too thinking it will be bad jam but when I check camera on Sat, it was all clear from both ways . :confused:

I make my trip with family on Sunday to visit relative and got out by 3pm as recommended by M'sia relative. Again smooth going and I even apply for MACS at 2nd link but that took me 1.5 hrs because of lunch hour and there was less than 10 applicants.:(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea the MACS sticker can take time. They take their own sweet time to process it. I was there on 2 occassions. Once to do it for my kids and on the other to do it for my wife and myself. On both occassions I had to wait for approximately an hour.

Now i have a question. My MACS sticker is due for renewal in June this year. Will the procedure be the same as applying for a sticker the first time?

Anybody has already renewed their MACS stickers yet? Please share your experiences with us.

Again smooth going and I even apply for MACS at 2nd link but that took me 1.5 hrs because of lunch hour and there was less than 10 applicants.:(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sad too when i am unable to visit my MY Home. And i felt sad that i had left earlier on Sunday in the morning. Could have spent the whole day there and left around mid night if only i had known the traffic situation would not have been that bad...

Yes, yes. I gave my wkends home a miss this CNY too thinking it will be bad jam but when I check camera on Sat, it was all clear from both ways . :confused:

QUOTE]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy the immigration office complex at Setia Tropika is open i believe. But i am not sure what services they offer.

Do you have any idea? Its a huge complex and i do expect lots of human traffic in time to follow but i have no clue what services are offered there.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the CNY period i was looking for a good traditional massage shop that would be open. That was silly of me right.... Yes... none of the shops were open...

Finally on Saturday i found one open at Bukit INdah (or is it Nusa Bestari) opposite Giant offering massage at RM 50 per hour.

The staff are all from China and speak a lil bit of English too.

The lady who did the massage for me used loads of strenth and i had some parts of my body aching the following day. Reasonably clean place for family massage (no sleaze)

Wuqi just to check with you .... whats the average price for massage? Is that a good price for a good and clean massage?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea the MACS sticker can take time. They take their own sweet time to process it. I was there on 2 occassions. Once to do it for my kids and on the other to do it for my wife and myself. On both occassions I had to wait for approximately an hour.

Now i have a question. My MACS sticker is due for renewal in June this year. Will the procedure be the same as applying for a sticker the first time?

Anybody has already renewed their MACS stickers yet? Please share your experiences with us.

You can just go straight to the office with a photo, fill up the hardcopy of the same form and pay 30RM and it will be done. No need to apply online first like previously. It was just a "show" as they did not make use to the data given online. Just a waste of time.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy the immigration office complex at Setia Tropika is open i believe. But i am not sure what services they offer.

Do you have any idea? Its a huge complex and i do expect lots of human traffic in time to follow but i have no clue what services are offered there.

Yap. Its open. Was hoping that I could apply for MAC over there instead of having to queue at he custom. I have no idea whether they provide this service. Will have to check it out one of these day. Btw, nice to see you back here. Where have you been? :smile:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, thanks for the support. Manage to get my dad over in the wee hours of the morning to deal with the "trip". Pull out all the neutral wire aka black and plug 1 by 1 back to find out which wire causes the "trip".

Ask him to help me diagnose the 2nd flr and was told the main con who had built my house was either unprofessional or "black" heart. Either way I reckon it will take me more then 10k RM to redo the whole wiring for 2nd flr as quoted by my neighbour.

Anyone encounter the same situation to redo the whole house wiring?
I got a SGP conman to do my home and his electrician pull out the ground flr wiring and gave me an overhaul, new wiring, damage, SGD$900 as claim.

Also I dun meant to be a wuss, I love where I am it is much much better then where I was squeeze however the consolation in HDB was the high speed internet. My God I was watching my trade yesterday and my god I had to reopen a trade 3x. There is no speed for market order only pending order how to survive!!!

Anyone trust me to help me open the streamxy acct? Dun wish to invest the 1krm as deposit...

Status
Not open for further replies.