• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. All the cables/conduits are laid internally I supposed? Any chance they can disable the alarm by cutting the wire from outside?

Mine is wired.. connected to all grilles (even the toliet ventilation opening) & grouped into 8 zones for alarm triggering..

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe still try to pester. Ask them to give u the WC but tell them that u don't need them to install. Then u have a spare one to keep :wink:

Bro,
Maybe if I tried hard enough, I can get the replacement WC.. however will have to follow up with sufficient pestering & chalk up my phone bills..
Besides I think they are not focused towards customer satisfaction hence no point wasting time..

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
Think the developer will give same reason that it did not crack during the joint inspection. Anyway since we bought the place & paid the interest for the housing loans, better enjoy it rather than let it idle for 6 mths.. :smile:

Hi bro avalon,

they cant, if i have not renovated the house, they have to honour the warranty....i feel the frustration for you as well...but at the same time, i felt that its quite difficult to claim warranty for your case...

a scenerio i can paint is this.... you bought a car... 3 mths after your drive the car, you realise there is a deep scratch on the bonnet.... it's quite hard for anyone to claim warranty from the car dealer at this point of time when u have already signed that the car is in good shape during the purchase....

However, if the fault is that ur car speakers exploded and u did not mod ur I.C.E, and they checked that u didnt spray water into the speakers, then the warranty will definitely be valid...

the reason why i wanna wait for 6 to 9 mths is because roof leakage, pipe breakage, walls cracking are expensive to remedy...and sometimes it takes time for these defects to surface..... if its due to the poor workmanship, of cos i want the bloody developer to settle it for me FOC.... =)

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. All the cables/conduits are laid internally I supposed? Any chance they can disable the alarm by cutting the wire from outside?

I am no security expert bro,..i read somewhere once the wires are cut, the alarm is activated. thinking of taking up a night job bro?..haha

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see ... Then I will want one that I can control the central system online. Imagine while a family is away, and gotta arm it for several days, and then the alarm goes off. If iPhone can reset and arm it again, that will be great! Cost wise, will be even greater, I know I know ...

bro. normally the alarm is 'armed' when everyone is going to bed or when everyone is away from home,..to minimise false alarms.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm the bolder one, remember? I do my job openly, tactfully and under the bright day light ! :p hehe

I am no security expert bro,..i read somewhere once the wires are cut, the alarm is activated. thinking of taking up a night job bro?..haha

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see ... Then I will want one that I can control the central system online. Imagine while a family is away, and gotta arm it for several days, and then the alarm goes off. If iPhone can reset and arm it again, that will be great! Cost wise, will be even greater, I know I know ...

Have bro, ive seen those online types..To be effective, normally alarm systems are linked to a 3rd party such as the guard house (hopefully not sleeping) or security company (got to pay money). They will inform you bro if the alarm goes off.

cheers.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha ... It just intrigued me la. So much to learn about a house. Get me all excited :smile:

Hi

If anyone here have wifi , u can install those camera which does not require any cabling except a 13a plug. Its motion activated, pan n zoom n it will inform you through yr hand phone. You can watch it life.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, those are called IP cameras. Many comes with infra red nowadays. These IP cameras use ip address so one can access online, real time. For cheaper range, the cheapest I have seen so far is about RM400. One is selling at Sutera mall. Also saw some higher range one at IT fair before, about RM1800 per camera. Shiong ....

Hi

If anyone here have wifi , u can install those camera which does not require any cabling except a 13a plug. Its motion activated, pan n zoom n it will inform you through yr hand phone. You can watch it life.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, those are called IP cameras. Many comes with infra red nowadays. These IP cameras use ip address so one can access online, real time. For cheaper range, the cheapest I have seen so far is about RM400. One is selling at Sutera mall. Also saw some higher range one at IT fair before, about RM1800 per camera. Shiong ....

Dreamoraction,

No siong, we still save on cabling n it triggers alarm too. It might be cheaper?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno leh. But I will agree with u. Once u have the system, u just need to add on more ip cameras, should u need to. So will definitely save on cabling. But I don't think cables will be expensive? Maybe about RM5 a meter? One thing I haven't asked in details is that, what happen if there is disruption to online system or if there is some fault to the modem that the cameras connect to?

Dreamoraction,

No siong, we still save on cabling n it triggers alarm too. It might be cheaper?

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought it is mentioned in some regulations that 70% of residents must approve before a company can manage security in a taman?
Correct me if this is incorrect.

A great business to be in if it is not already in existence.

In crime-ridden Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa. Such businesses, though not illegal of course, are thriving in the face of security incompetency. Famous stars depend on that for their investments in the scenic properties.

Bros in security businesses should approach IRDA!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno leh. But I will agree with u. Once u have the system, u just need to add on more ip cameras, should u need to. So will definitely save on cabling. But I don't think cables will be expensive? Maybe about RM5 a meter? One thing I haven't asked in details is that, what happen if there is disruption to online system or if there is some fault to the modem that the cameras connect to?

Yeah, am not sure about that too, know about this Ip cam thing thru my bro as he said I should install so I know what is happening to my Jb house n at the same time can get to talk to them. As for the cabling rm 5 is reasonable, does it include hacking (concealing) the wall?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think need to hack wall bah. Installing and conceal it using conduits will do, wont it? Of course gotta hide the conduit nicely so it wont be too visible for easy cutting?? Really not sure. I will enquire in details during the next IT fair to totally understand how it works.

But ip system is the way I will go for. With motion sensor, they will send SMS or email alert when they detect motions. Totally love the idea :smile:

Yeah, am not sure about that too, know about this Ip cam thing thru my bro as he said I should install so I know what is happening to my Jb house n at the same time can get to talk to them. As for the cabling rm 5 is reasonable, does it include hacking (concealing) the wall?

GiaNetta

I know for a fact that there will be a Refuse Room for each level at 1Medini, as opposed to a Refuse Chute at each level. You will dispose of your garbage in this room, where there will be a rubbish bin. Each morning, a cleaner will collect all the rubbish from the various Refuse Rooms in each level and bring them down to the main rubbish collection centre. A friend living in a condo in KL told me that this system of throwing rubbish (Rubbish Room) is passe....and for hers in KL, there is a rubbish chute for each level.

Is this true that there will be no rubbish chutes to throw away the garbage, instead a Refuse Room? Seriously? Then there will be rats, cockroaches and all other pests!!!

What about at Fairway Suites, Sky Park, Tropez and other condos in Nusajaya?

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told that to move your household items cum furniture from Singapore to Johor, there is a one time tax free, if you are going to stay in Johor. Anyone is aware of this?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.