• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, apologies have been working really overtime and mentally physically tired but my 2 cents worth:

1. Laguna - Really worth buying, finally got green light from bros to disclose as they have already bought.
Pros:
Proximity to 1st link and good for doctors working at the nearby govt hospital
Danga bought up all the area around it and will be building million dollar bungalows around
The native people around will be resettled

Cons:
Prices are pretty high right now as compared. They did have a locals only sale where some
went for about 580-600k

2. Sometime back, someone asked about Casa Almyra, i had some reservations back then.
Its now largely resolved with the building of the private jetty for some residents.
More importantly, they have built a new road which will lead from the main road.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for your view. Based on the Psf price, it's still cheaper than a lot of other tamans. But when I compare to the previous launch price, like you have mentioned, I feel like a silly boy to commit this new high price. It's as if I'm at the mercy of the developer.

Did u or ur family get one? :smile:

U take care and rest more bro

Dear all, apologies have been working really overtime and mentally physically tired but my 2
cents worth:

1. Laguna - Really worth buying, finally got green light from bros to disclose as they have already bought.
Pros:
Proximity to 1st link and good for doctors working at the nearby govt hospital
Danga bought up all the area around it and will be building million dollar bungalows around
The native people around will be resettled

Cons:
Prices are pretty high right now as compared. They did have a locals only sale where some
went for about 580-600k

2. Sometime back, someone asked about Casa Almyra, i had some reservations back then.
Its now largely resolved with the building of the private jetty for some residents.
More importantly, they have built a new road which will lead from the main road.

Last edited:

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION said:
Thanks bro for your view. Based on the Psf price, it's still cheaper than a lot of other tamans. But when I compare to the previous launch price, like you have mentioned, I feel like a silly boy to commit this new high price. It's as if I'm at the mercy of the developer.

Did u or ur family get one? :smile:

U take care and rest more bro

Yo bro u cannot compare with its prevous launch. Price onli go up never go down. Imagine if previous launching is 400k but now is 350k, somethig weird right? It may due to the house are not good selling. If that is the case,less ppl buy=less resident so become ghost taman lol~b4 that its 400k is exp during that time, the trend now is 600k. If there is houses with 400k,sure cheap like siao rite?hehe..so diff period different situation~^^

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la bro. I get your point. But for new launches, develeoper normally pushes out new design, or beef up their building specs/freebies to subtlely make purchasers feel better for the higher price mah. For laguna, they just recycle the design and everything has been status quo since 2006. I dont expect the new launches to have lower pricing, but from 418k to 600k in a relatively short period of time is a shock mah. If the new price was 500 - 530k, still palatable la.

Don't get me wrong, I still like laguna very much. Just trying to get over the emotional factor based on the circumstances mentioned above :wink:

Btw, I'm not an economist. This is not meant to Be negative or anything. Can I humbly ask: if the economy crashes, property comes to a stand still. Resale price goes down. Developer will hold on to the land and build later. Then assume economy now recovers slowly after 3 years, developer then slowly push out new launches again. What will this new price be? Using the very last launch of 600k as a benchmark, then push out even higher launch price now? Or?? How does this work. Some of u have been in this market long enough to see the previous crisis. How did it evolve and how was the trend? Can educate me? Thx

Yo bro u cannot compare with its prevous launch. Price onli go up never go down. Imagine if previous launching is 400k but now is 350k, somethig weird right? It may due to the house are not good selling. If that is the case,less ppl buy=less resident so become ghost taman lol~b4 that its 400k is exp during that time, the trend now is 600k. If there is houses with 400k,sure cheap like siao rite?hehe..so diff period different situation~^^

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah, envy is an under statement :smile:

Can sell before completion meh?

PM me the price? :smile:

Because we have another corner unit in P8B with bigger land; so no point keeping the one in P8A. This unit is close to completion; you can see it from the road; second row corner unit after you pass the road leading in to P8.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la bro. I get your point. But for new launches, develeoper normally pushes out new design, or beef up their building specs/freebies to subtlely make purchasers feel better for the higher price mah. For laguna, they just recycle the design and everything has been status quo since 2006. I dont expect the new launches to have lower pricing, but from 418k to 600k in a relatively short period of time is a shock mah. If the new price was 500 - 530k, still palatable la.

Don't get me wrong, I still like laguna very much. Just trying to get over the emotional factor based on the circumstances mentioned above :wink:

Btw, I'm not an economist. This is not meant to Be negative or anything. Can I humbly ask: if the economy crashes, property comes to a stand still. Resale price goes down. Developer will hold on to the land and build later. Then assume economy now recovers slowly after 3 years, developer then slowly push out new launches again. What will this new price be? Using the very last launch of 600k as a benchmark, then push out even higher launch price now? Or?? How does this work. Some of u have been in this market long enough to see the previous crisis. How did it evolve and how was the trend? Can educate me? Thx

Bro , Based on my positive logic , Nusajaya wont be that hard hit. 1) The growth story of Nusajaya was supposed to compliment SG as a affordable place for people like us . Unless suddendly , things in SG become so afforable and livable (no more overcrowding , coe 2/=, chicken rice 2/= , etc) that we start thinking about retiring in SG once again. Look like it wont happen anytime soon . Recession or not , things wont be easy in SG lah
2) In JB , more likely developer takes the lead . They up price , resale follow and when developer cut the price, resale price down. Currently , developer got not much prime land already , especially the Jusco area. A check with a few developers will tell you they are only interested to built house price above 600K or even near the 1M range.
3) When property in JB was depressed @2008, psf was like 160/= for my cluster house. At that point of time , JB market was like under value by a big margin. Today 2012 you say psf at Laguna 210/= , factor in inflation ,how can it be over value by a lot ? No worry bro , buy while you still can afford .

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. All the cables/conduits are laid internally I supposed? Any chance they can disable the alarm by cutting the wire from outside?

The cables are beneath the walls & they will cover it up.. so have to do this before painting..
think the alarm system has a standby battery source that can last ard 8 hrs during blackout..

The contractor mentions that if the wiring is cut, the alarm will also trigger

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
How sensitive is the detector please? If a kid leans on the grill, then shake it, will that trigger the alarm?
Think alarm sensitivity can be adjusted.. mine is the default sensitivity..
so far during thunderstorm, it did not activate.. I did test the effectiveness by banging the grille with my palm & alarm did go off..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro avalon,

they cant, if i have not renovated the house, they have to honour the warranty....i feel the frustration for you as well...but at the same time, i felt that its quite difficult to claim warranty for your case...

a scenerio i can paint is this.... you bought a car... 3 mths after your drive the car, you realise there is a deep scratch on the bonnet.... it's quite hard for anyone to claim warranty from the car dealer at this point of time when u have already signed that the car is in good shape during the purchase....

However, if the fault is that ur car speakers exploded and u did not mod ur I.C.E, and they checked that u didnt spray water into the speakers, then the warranty will definitely be valid...

the reason why i wanna wait for 6 to 9 mths is because roof leakage, pipe breakage, walls cracking are expensive to remedy...and sometimes it takes time for these defects to surface..... if its due to the poor workmanship, of cos i want the bloody developer to settle it for me FOC.... =)

Depends on developer.. my fren had a burst underground piping that led to water ponding in ground floor. IOI did the repairs for the piping though furniture losses are not claimable..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just rec a call from CIMB Msia telling me my credit card application approved.

No annual fees but understand Msia govt collects RM50 anually as tax on Credit Card...no such thing in SG tho.

Also need to pledge an equal amount of money in their FD as credit limit for the card (min RM3K). for me its ok cos their FD rate is high. Need to go branch and open FD and sign some document. Intend to pledge RM10K,...cos foresee will be spending tons of RM soon for house reno,..haha.

So would say whole process hassel free and glad that NO issues with Singapreans getting a CC from Msia banks.

cheers.

What you have is a secured credit card & not a true credit card. When I was studying overseas I got a secured credit card by putting money in a term desposit. However the bank was meow & only gave me a limit half of what I had in the account:(

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends on developer.. my fren had a burst underground piping that led to water ponding in ground floor. IOI did the repairs for the piping though furniture losses are not claimable..

hi Bro Avalon,

yah...i guess case to case basis...and also depends on developer bah.... ur fren's house's pipe burst after reno? how long after reno?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi Bro Avalon,

yah...i guess case to case basis...and also depends on developer bah.... ur fren's house's pipe burst after reno? how long after reno?
A number of months as well.. even furniture is moved in.. believe rugs & wooden furniture was disposed after the ponding incident..

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am doing a lot of thinking... my situation.. i'm a single breadwinner and have wife and little kids. 40yrs..the age where if i lose my current job, i'll have to drive a taxi :eek:

some options..

1. get a condo in sg (S$800k?),
- for rental income (pay the property for itself should be easy).
- however, it is much costlier and
- empty out my rainy-day fund
- take longer time before fully paid (probably 20-30yrs.. would be 60-70yr old by then!)
- but can start rebuilding the rainy-day fund almost immediately cos of the rental income

2. get a cluster in my (RM$800k?),
- for own weekend stay, and retirement.
- kids will not likely want to stay cos of school/work (when they grow up).
- thus renting out hdb and stay here not likely (unable to let the property pay for itself/by hdb)
- renting out the cluster also not viable.. heard rental in my is not good.. may even need to top up damages/wear/tear
- hence have to pay out from my own pocket and
- take comparatively shorter time before fully paid but can only start rebuilding the rainy-day fund again after that (probably after 10-15yrs.. 50-near 60yr old already. but would i be able to keep my job till then :confused:)

3. don't get anything.. be contented with hdb... and save that money in bank, save the headache. consider renting in my instead when the time comes.

options 1 & 2 that require emptying out.. may have affordability issues when my kids reach university age.
option 2 is probably not feasible at all?

is my analysis correct?
i believe some bro/sis have gone thru that thinking process.. perhaps you can share yours/views?

and btw, for a cluster house, how much do you budget annually for maintenance costs? grass, roof, painting, electricals, etc. RM$5k to 10k?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know for a fact that there will be a Refuse Room for each level at 1Medini, as opposed to a Refuse Chute at each level. You will dispose of your garbage in this room, where there will be a rubbish bin. Each morning, a cleaner will collect all the rubbish from the various Refuse Rooms in each level and bring them down to the main rubbish collection centre. A friend living in a condo in KL told me that this system of throwing rubbish (Rubbish Room) is passe....and for hers in KL, there is a rubbish chute for each level.

Is this true that there will be no rubbish chutes to throw away the garbage, instead a Refuse Room? Seriously? Then there will be rats, cockroaches and all other pests!!!

What about at Fairway Suites, Sky Park, Tropez and other condos in Nusajaya?

I visited the Puteri Harbour showflat before and recall PH has a special central vacuum feature, can sweep the rubbish to a particular spot inside the apartment and there'll be a central vaccum to suck away the dirt to somewhere. As for other condos, seen a few JB condos and they are refuse room indeed but don't know whether all JB condos are like that.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am doing a lot of thinking... my situation.. i'm a single breadwinner and have wife and little kids. 40yrs..the age where if i lose my current job, i'll have to drive a taxi :eek:

some options..

- take longer time before fully paid (probably 20-30yrs.. would be 60-70yr old by then!)
- but can start rebuilding the rainy-day fund almost immediately cos of the rental income

- thus renting out hdb and stay here not likely (unable to let the property pay for itself/by hdb)
- renting out the cluster also not viable.. heard rental in my is not good.. may even need to top up damages/wear/tear
- take comparatively shorter time before fully paid but can only start rebuilding the rainy-day fund again after that (probably after 10-15yrs.. 50-near 60yr old already. but would i be able to keep my job till then :confused:)

3. don't get anything.. be contented with hdb... and save that money in bank, save the headache. consider renting in my instead when the time comes.

options 1 & 2 that require emptying out.. may have affordability issues when my kids reach university age.

is my analysis correct?
i believe some bro/sis have gone thru that thinking process.. perhaps you can share yours/views?

and btw, for a cluster house, how much do you budget annually for maintenance costs? grass, roof, painting, electricals, etc. RM$5k to 10k?

Abt option 1 - i won't be too optimistic about rental sure can cover installment. Price is quite high now. Interest rate may not stay low for next 30 yrs.

Abt option 2- if assume there's no rental possibility, and you are not staying there....then better dun buy unless someone mentioned you keep enough cash to pay loan for next 8 years. Because if you can hold so long, there's higher possibility there's capital gain. Buy somewhere which you think have better rental potential. Many bros here did rent out their properties for quite reasonable price.

About option 3 - I rather invest instead of putting in bank. I rather option 1 or 2 than putting all money in sg bank. Renting in My for retirement is feasible. But if many people think so, it will drive up rental in My and wouldn't it be contrary to earlier assumption that there's no rental market in My?

I think you want to retire in My. If in 15 years time, you can pay off the hdb and My house, you can sort of retire already by staying in JB and renting out HDB regardless how much is the JB property price. By that time, your kids should be in university... And can stay in hostel.

Sorry, I think I'm making you more confused...haha
Key is do you believe in Iskandar Malaysia? If yes, and can afford, then buy.
Nobody knows right now which is the right choice.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

some options..

is my analysis correct?

First of all , you dont need to buy a cluster house @ 800K . You can go for something around the 500K mark , maybe a terrace will do just fine. Secondly , I am not so sure you will remain happy when you are old ,helpless and unwanted in SG . Drive a taxi in Sg is dangerous too , you might get wacked by some angry ang moh / prc FTs, even taking a MRT can get slap by a foreigner maid , no one is going to help you bro . See:

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/64271274-post1.html

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2674816

Let us all join this old man forum and we take care of each other here in JB . Think of going Kopi session with all of us in the morning , some Taiji and gardening. Look after grand children in JB if we still able . The time for the big party is getting nearer . Last time got a bro Skippy trying to organise one but dont know what happen ?
So far I have a number of friends / relatives already decided to come over . Just do it , financial gain should be your last priority , bro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.