• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit of good news to start your morning (well, just a prediction by the paper)

Singdollar likely to rise
tabla!*|*Thu, Apr 05, 2012
Returning capital inflows and high inflation will likely push the value of the Singapore dollar up in the months ahead, analysts have said.

They believe that when the central bank meets later this month to set the exchange rate policy, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will continue to allow the Singdollar to appreciate mainly because inflows seem to have returned to Asia after fleeing the region from the middle of last year.

DBS' head of economic and currency research David Carbon noted that the amount of foreign reserves held by the eight major Asian economies, excluding China and India, is now around US$1.925 trillion ($2.4 trillion).

Speaking at a recent DBS investment seminar, he said: "Between August and December, when things hit the fan over the euro crisis, Asia lost US$85 billion. But since December, Asia basically regained half (US$44 billion) of that in just two months alone. So most of it is on the way back."

The Singdollar hit a record high of $1.20 against the US dollar in August last year, following strong capital inflows into Asia.

But since then, investors began moving funds out of the region, as fears over the euro debt crisis rose, pushing the Singdollar down.

This has since reversed, said Mr Carbon, and it seems as though capital inflows are back again. The Singdollar was worth $1.25 against the US dollar at press time on April 4.

So, this piece of news + upcoming elections in Malaysia will create quite some stirs to the money exchange market, I hope. Good news for us that still need to continuously exchange RM

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha bro. Good that u can see the funny side of it. Don't laugh too hard hor! I dont supply pampers :p lol

Whoa Bro DOA, Arsenal ....... both of you are killing me...... You have made a good start to me Friday..... See type also cannot, I'm laughing too much..... Cannot not concentrate.....

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha bro. Good that u can see the funny side of it. Don't laugh too hard hor! I dont supply pampers :p lol
Wahahahaah, hope Bro Arsenal doesn't too big a hangover...... Bro you have a good day and weekend......

Looked at the traffic Cam for Causeway, chock a block..... scary. TUAS seems to be better, BUT don't know about the Malaysian side. Cannot see...... Sometimes TUAS Singapore side no jam BUT when get o M'sian side, long queue:*:. No traffic cam on M'sian side:confused:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, the situation at 2nd link can be deceiving through the cams

I'm also waiting for the traffic to clear up, but seems like its not gonna happen within the next 2 to 3 hours. Will play it by ear ...

Wahahahaah, hope Bro Arsenal doesn't too big a hangover...... Bro you have a good day and weekend......

Looked at the traffic Cam for Causeway, chock a block..... scary. TUAS seems to be better, BUT don't know about the Malaysian side. Cannot see...... Sometimes TUAS Singapore side no jam BUT when get o M'sian side, long queue:*:. No traffic cam on M'sian side:confused:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai yo.. The traffic at both check points are really tragic.. Wonder how many of us are stucked.. dream action confirm has a good buy.. Next time jet ski from singapore to his house confirmed faster.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, you still have hangover. Do u remember I told u that I have a submarine there? No need to get all wet jet skiing :wink:

Anyway, decided to pop over despite the jam. I'm excited about the fair. Will leave around 11.30am

Ai yo.. The traffic at both check points are really tragic.. Wonder how many of us are stucked.. dream action confirm has a good buy.. Next time jet ski from singapore to his house confirmed faster.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, you still have hangover. Do u remember I told u that I have a submarine there? No need to get all wet jet skiing :wink:

Anyway, decided to pop over despite the jam. I'm excited about the fair. Will leave around 11.30am

Gd luck , better eat full full and empty bladder first before u stuck in e jam.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Had breakfast. I'll buy some buns later. Then eat at city square before going to persada

Jam won't make a difference to me. Be it at home or stuck in the jam, my iPhone still won't leave my hands haha (jialat I know - bad habit)

Gd luck , better eat full full and empty bladder first before u stuck in e jam.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Had breakfast. I'll buy some buns later. Then eat at city square before going to persada

Jam won't make a difference to me. Be it at home or stuck in the jam, my iPhone still won't leave my hands haha (jialat I know - bad habit)

Bro DoA
From my last visit to City Square, it seems they got quite major renovation in there and so many makan shops there closed. But still got a few lah if you not picky. Enjoy your day and do update us if got any interestg or attractive stuffs/offer there at persada.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes!!
28 April...100% definitely and absolutely will be 'free' when this unappreciated approachg 40 yo lowly sgrean will receive a piece of paper in recognition of his service in the defence of this ctry that he once proudly called home (it still is home).

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmmm .... But if u compare to JB, what other exciting things u can do there, other than your usual shopping, saloon and eating?

Everything is 30% cheaper ma . Food is nicer !
Anyway raining now , can take a nap Liao.
Btw , city square has nice food like ah kun noodles etc , y need to eat buns ......

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. Thanks for your heads up. I'm not that fussy, can eat almost anything :smile:

So suay, raining now, but still won't dampen my mood.

Will share and report exciting findings later :smile:

Bro DoA
From my last visit to City Square, it seems they got quite major renovation in there and so many makan shops there closed. But still got a few lah if you not picky. Enjoy your day and do update us if got any interestg or attractive stuffs/offer there at persada.

Status
Not open for further replies.