• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it religiously ethical to convert a dying person?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did they force?

imagine u dying and wanting to die peacefully. then u are intruded by strangers who claim they can send u to heaven if u only accept their saviour in their religion. u say, NO i got my own belief. they would start preaching whether u like it or not. it's more becoming a harrassing.

are they forcing you, you ask?

this is worst than forcing to irritate one who's dying and not allowing him to die in peace.

those fuckers are very chek ark! presumably their god would be the same chek ark as they claim they are the followers. make sense?

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
imagine u dying and wanting to die peacefully. then u are intruded by strangers who claim they can send u to heaven if u only accept their saviour in their religion. u say, NO i got my own belief. they would start preaching whether u like it or not. it's more becoming a harrassing.

are they forcing you, you ask?

this is worst than forcing to irritate one who's dying and not allowing him to die in peace.

those fuckers are very chek ark! presumably their god would be the same chek ark as they claim they are the followers. make sense?

Make no sense! The true creator has no religion , no human converter.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
They didn't supply me with earplugs whenever their appointed pastor goes on stage to preach and pray during assembly time.

You are being ridiculous. Would you say they forced you into registering to study in the school? You know what you get into when you enrolled in a mission school. Would foreign students complain about being forced to listen to our Singapore athem and pledge at assembly time and ask for legal protection and complain about human rights violation?

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not so bad. I hear the Space Shuttle orbits the earth 6 times in 24 hours. If a muslim prays five time a day, then when s/he becomes an astronaut and is assigened a mission on the shuttle, would have to pray 5 x 6 times a day. God (cannot say Allah right?) would be so sick of hearing the prayers repeated so often!

Cheers!

It doesn't matter whether muslims pray 5 times or 30 times a day, christians pray 1 time a week because the prayers won't be answered. No proof whatsover that prayer can be answered.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had my prayer answered, and I ain't even Christian or religious.

During NS, as I booked into camp in the morning, they suddenly sprung a urine test and all those booking in were suddenly in line to take a surprise urine test. I just smoked ganja the night before and I was bloody standing in line to be sent for some detention or rehab, I prayed to god to save me and just as I did, a soldier appeared shouting my name and saying inche needed to see me right away! I was taken out from the line an went straight to the CSM's office and avoided the urine test! God intervened and saved me! He works in strange ways! There's your proof!

Cheers!

It doesn't matter whether muslims pray 5 times or 30 times a day, christians pray 1 time a week because the prayers won't be answered. No proof whatsover that prayer can be answered.

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal

During NS, as I booked into camp in the morning, they suddenly sprung a urine test and all those booking in were suddenly in line to take a surprise urine test. I just smoked ganja the night before and I was bloody standing in line to be sent for some detention or rehab, I prayed to god to save me and just as I did, a soldier appeared shouting my name and saying inche needed to see me right away! I was taken out from the line an went straight to the CSM's office and avoided the urine test! God intervened and saved me! He works in strange ways! There's your proof!

Cheers!

Did you say God save me or Jesus save me? Now that is the question.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know what you get into when you enrolled in a mission school.

I don't think a 12 year old kid would understand that. MOE didn't inform me of these things when I enrolled for the school. I enrolled only because it is a SAP school.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

Just by chance or luck, your encik wanted to see you and you escaped. It is normal to turn to supernatural means for solution during moment of emotional crisis like this, being quick and ready to turn to.

I have a colleague who wife was in high intensive care unit last year. One of his christian relative who was not really closed to him suddenly called up. Asking if it ok for her pastor to visit his wife at ICU to pray for her. She said her whole cell group was praying for the wife (Wow, a very common and standard protocol to show emotional support). My colleague was firmed and politely turned it down. The wife recovered and was out of ICU to normal ward in about 1 week. Had my colleague accepted the 'kind' offer, it would be taken a real proof that prayer was answered. Pastors are crafty at exploiting situations of emotional down and trouble, knowing the chance of success higher than normal situations. It's all working on psycho. Also, evangelism is working on the feeling of uneasiness concerning's someone destiny, most weak minded people would give in and choose to take the safer side. I noticed those converted to catholic are out of freewill mostly, they chosen and wanted to be catholic themselves.

Last edited:

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think a 12 year old kid would understand that. MOE didn't inform me of these things when I enrolled for the school. I enrolled only because it is a SAP school.

Why don't you transfer to another school midway? It seems like you at looking back with deep regret!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahh, your colleague's wife's condition was improved by medical attention, I didn't have that kind of luck to be taken care off in ICU, I was standing in line waiting for an unfortunate fate when I asked for God's help and he immediately showed his great mercy and invoked his powers to act to save my poor self. Praise the Lord!

Cheers!:biggrin:

Just by chance or luck, your encik wanted to see you and you escaped. It is normal to turn to supernatural means for solution during moment of emotional crisis like this, being quick and ready to turn to.

I have a colleague who wife was in high intensive care unit last year.......

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahh, your colleague's wife's condition was improved by medical attention, I didn't have that kind of luck to be taken care off in ICU, I was standing in line waiting for an unfortunate fate when I asked for God's help and he immediately showed his great mercy and invoked his powers to act to save my poor self. Praise the Lord!

Cheers!:biggrin:

That was exactly how unguarded people got convinced to convert and later self hypnotized to be the never forgotten first experience of God's almighty revelation.

I am damn proud of my colleague. Anyone in the same situation of life and death concerning a loved one would have no second thought to try anything. He has a very clear mind. Had he been moved, the pastor would appear again to claim false credit for the recovery and make false claim that Jesus or God(why cannot be allah?) has answered the prayer. It would be hard to reject the 'proof' as it would be taken as ungrateful and may incur god's anger. I said before it's all working on emotional weaknesses. You have or heard of similar proselytizing stories?

Last edited:

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
No regret. I got to know Christianity in depth. I chose Theravada Buddhism.

I believe you have made an informed and evaluated choice out of freewill. Four years in a mission school, I am interested to know why you had not been convinced and accepted the 'grace'?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was a muslime mullah, he'd call for Allah.

Many people pray for peace in the Middle-East, I think too many people asking, God is unable or unsure which one to answer, so he let the humans slug it out among the different tribes.

Cheers!

.............(why cannot be allah?) .................................................................... You have or heard of similar proselytizing stories?