• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it religiously ethical to convert a dying person?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
just visited a terminally ill pal in hospital. was rather irriated by one of the visitor of another old patient in the same ward who kept preaching jesus christ to him and pestering him to "accept the lord and be forever safe".

it really pissed me off! when a person is dying, the best thing to give him is peace and calmness so that he could pass on without fear. by telling him to take such and such religion so that it could guarantee him safe passage to heaven is really wicked of the preacher to have implanted fear and exploit such situation.

how many have faced such encounter before? pls share.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just visited a terminally ill pal in hospital. was rather irriated by one of the visitor of another old patient in the same ward who kept preaching jesus christ to him and pestering him to "accept the lord and be forever safe".

it really pissed me off! when a person is dying, the best thing to give him is peace and calmness so that he could pass on without fear. by telling him to take such and such religion so that it could guarantee him safe passage to heaven is really wicked of the preacher to have implanted fear and exploit such situation.

the truth of the matter is.....................for those that understand Emptiness.................

there's no one to convert....................and nothing to convert to.................

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can be a murdurer, drug abuser, drug king pin until ur last moment and then u decide to embrace christ!! u r saved!!!!! tok cock!!!

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

Christians do it! They are building up their heavenly army mah! to fight with Taoist clestial army mah! Otherwise one sided win, where got shiok! Christians also wants to have their monkey god & piggy god also lah!

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wbxxM6swCAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...........

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

it really pissed me off! when a person is dying, the best thing to give him is peace and calmness so that he could pass on without fear. ......

If it pissed you off and irritated you, why didn't you tell that bugger to stop it and let the dude die in peace? Might want to consider posting it on Stomp next time it happens.

Cheers!

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno. I think people should be given more choices rather than being restricted.

Not many can die peacefully alone and painlessly without fear.

If they can have all the help they can get I think it is a good thing.

Do not always look at one side of the story.

Yes it is possible to be forgiven if you genuine repent.

This happens in real life too.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u can be a murdurer, drug abuser, drug king pin until ur last moment and then u decide to embrace christ!! u r saved!!!!! tok cock!!!

all those priests try to get people to join church mah..............more people join, more tithes to collect..............

people that believe are all wishful thinking only...............

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a heaven to go to and a hell you want to avoid. Why else do you think the man wants to share with a dying person? Do you want the dying man to go to hell after he dies? How cruel can you be?

And what makes you think the guy will die peaceful not knowing where he will end up after that?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it pissed you off and irritated you, why didn't you tell that bugger to stop it and let the dude die in peace? Might want to consider posting it on Stomp next time it happens.

Cheers!

i wanted to but that was a hospital ward. it might initiate a meaningless argument that might led to uncalled commotion.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a heaven to go to and a hell you want to avoid. Why else do you think the man wants to share with a dying person? Do you want the dying man to go to hell after he dies? How cruel can you be?

And what makes you think the guy will die peaceful not knowing where he will end up after that?

u do not have to die to go heaven or hell. both these are already present and manifesting to a living person.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal

How gracious! Would you want to go on a God's mission to amazon forest to share with the indegenous tribes because God is powerless to make his existence felt in that region though he is claimed by salvation wanting believer like you to be almighty?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i ve just watched 3 pcs dvd about the life of christ by BBC. historians are researching in this "christ" as written by the bible. if the outcoeme of their investigation prove otherwise, the whole faith may just collapse. then again, when i read the bible, it also mentions about anti-christ arising and all those. so which is which?

imo a religion is good to believe in when one is at difficult times, it provide strength for one to carry on. however if one is too obsessed into it, then he is deluded and already misled himself.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wanted to but that was a hospital ward. it might initiate a meaningless argument that might led to uncalled commotion.

don't try to convert a dying person.................you'll only make him/her agitated and confused...........and your last thoughts before you die has great bearing on your rebirth.............get him to think positive thoughts and think about the good deeds he/she did..................

always remember.........in truth, there's no one to convert and no religion to convert to..........

WinneMUCCA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the point of converting a person at death bed? The person is most likely struggling to stay alive and the mind is not alert anymore. It is just not the right time to convert someone when the person is in dire straits. It's just putting meaning to an act when there's no meaning at all, IMHO.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure if there's a priest around to preach the person salvation if the dying person has not opted out of HOTA?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the point of converting a person at death bed? The person is most likely struggling to stay alive and the mind is not alert anymore. It is just not the right time to convert someone when the person is in dire straits. It's just putting meaning to an act when there's no meaning at all, IMHO.

Because there is a heaven to go to and a hell to escape from.
Whatever dire straits you experience on earth can never be compared to what you will experience in hell bro. Wake up now!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because there is a heaven to go to and a hell to escape from.
Whatever dire straits you experience on earth can never be compared to what you will experience in hell bro. Wake up now!

pls share with us when u r there especially the happening hell part :wink:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls share with us when u r there especially the happening hell part :wink:

In hell, all your senses n memory are fully alert.
You will only have demons for partners and they hate you and torture you non stop. You will never touch another human being again but you can hear them screaming beside you or even cursing you.
You will never eat, drink or sleep again although you are perpetually hungry, thirsty and exhausted while at the same time never pass out or go insane.

Thats the reality of hell.
There are many testimonies of people who have visited hell and came back to tell that you can find on the net