• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

. . . . And remembered there was a cake shop somewhere in Tai Chung ground floor? . . . . . .

Pii Narong I believe the cakeshop name sounded something like Mont d'or.

Oh ?, never know that GoLden Crown stiLL exist though.CertainLy i remembered that oLd fashioned cake shop..
..the demise of the Hawker centre is the saddest.Corner stall fishbaLL noodLes was great, cheng tng sedap, and up the 2nd floor was the famous chicken rice, aLso the Shanghainese food on the row behind..:smile:

Bro Fishpie all these stalls you mentioned above in blue are now in Mei Ling Street Market second floor hawker centre. I've posted them before here with photos of these new stalls http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110796-Queenstown-Today&p=974853#post974853

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Hehehe. Address on my birth cert is Mei Ling street aka Bee Leng Lor.
I suppose sin kee moved to the hawker centre on top of market.

IMG_1500.jpg

For you only fellow mei ling streeter....

164 Mei Ling Street Food Center
#02-22

My address was block 160.....still around.......many surrounding blocks torn down liao

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Fishpie all these stalls you mentioned above in blue are now in Mei Ling Street Market second floor hawker centre. I've posted them before here with photos of these new stalls http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110796-Queenstown-Today&p=974853#post974853

If Mont d'or then they had a branch in Orchard where Ngee Ann city is now....they were quite famous then....together with Fuji cake shop.....knn all extinct liao

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks bro. I blk 147. Don't think still around.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Oh, thanks..but i do know of some staLLs being reLocated to ALexandra ViLLage h/c oppo Queensway sc as weLL..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Oh, thanks..but i do know of some staLLs being reLocated to ALexandra ViLLage h/c oppo Queensway sc as weLL..

This one I no idea. Don't ,ind I asking so you are also Q'town guy? Where? I 27A.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The arched market is still around right? Think is furniture showroom now.
Yo, arched market building around ..missed that hand made popiah skin stall (order in kgs, as painstakingly done 1 by 1 with flip of hands). Popiah stall in former hawker center was also ok, and affordable. And the popular vegetarian stall in recent years, think moved to Alexandra village (if not mistaken).

Corner white kopi stall (towards Margaret drive end) with grouchy lady owner but shiok choice of latte from machine -also moved to Alexandra village. Good toast too.

I not queens town alumni, and never saw your names in roll of honour in Queenstown Sec leh... (for good reason?):p

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This one I no idea. Don't ,ind I asking so you are also Q'town guy? Where? I 27A.

Studied in Queenstown Sec, truanted in Queensway Sc..no idea where's 27A though..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yo, arched market building around ..missed that hand made popiah skin stall (order in kgs, as painstakingly done 1 by 1 with flip of hands). Popiah stall in former hawker center was also ok, and affordable. And the popular vegetarian stall in recent years, think moved to Alexandra village (if not mistaken).

Corner white kopi stall (towards Margaret drive end) with grouchy lady owner but shiok choice of latte from machine -also moved to Alexandra village. Good toast too.

I not queens town alumni, and never saw your names in roll of honour in Queenstown Sec leh... (for good reason?):p
Bro, was it the back of the popiah skins' staLL that houses the famed Lor duck noodLes ?..the boss wouLd aLways
be hiding his beers behind the counter once his staLL is opened for business.:smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

back of the popiah skins' staLL that houses the famed Lor duck noodLes ?..the boss wouLd aLways be hiding his beers behind the counter once his staLL is opened for business.:smile:
Recall the lor ark noodles stall, but not into ducks (oops, pardon pun). So never spied his pints.:p

Fish ball noodles inside former hawker centre popular but tastes plenty msg. Guy with gold thick gold necklace, had a heart op, then got his young son to do the noodles (he only collect money and directs show). Just outside corner stall (facing arched market) a better bet. Prices then was reasonable, 2 bucks.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone remember the corner drink stall faccing the church. Same row as the char kuay tiao. The guy is always in super short pants. Think he kena complained before.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone remember the corner drink stall faccing the church. Same row as the char kuay tiao. The guy is always in super short pants. Think he kena complained before.
is it a thin dude that looks like a perverted homo? I think appeared in papers for wearing shorts that looked like briefs

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

is it a thin dude that looks like a perverted homo? I think appeared in papers for wearing shorts that looked like briefs

Yes, that's the one. Hair quite long and wearing ray ban style specs.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

His business somehow was quite good; perhaps due to the short shorts ?..:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His business somehow was quite good; perhaps due to the short shorts ?..:biggrin:
Day time not a lot of biz but evening time quite good. Mainly the church goers. There are a few mobile tables (actually illegal) for the smoking customers just outside the drink stall centre. The stall only sell Carslberg and no Tiger/Heineken. I remember one Ah Pek fxxked a church goer for making the 'very smelly' (fanning her hands in front of her nose) when she and her gang sat at the smoker's area.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Mont d'or then they had a branch in Orchard where Ngee Ann city is now....they were quite famous then....together with Fuji cake shop.....knn all extinct liao

Not branch the original shop, where the extint Ngee Ann Building was, & I can still remember, how the door of the shop, & the inside look like...extinct like the dinosaur!...and Polar Cafe, High Street..:p