• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Nope, at Beo Cresent.To save $ on bus fares; a few of us wouLd waLk home after schooL.Our routine route wouLd be through Cresent GirLs' sch,Prince CharLes' Cresent, Tiong Bahru Park..or something Like that.

Wah-lao-eh you stay in Or-Kio-Tau ah? One side of the wet market is selling food right and directly opposite is the block with the famous hainam curry-rice stall in a coffee shop right? And if I'm not mistaken in another coffeshop same block one guy fry hokkien-mee with charcoal very delicious ma. I love this place so many good food. Only think I hate is teochew porridge so expensive but sometimes lan lan still eat there.

fredteo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Birkhall Pri Sch? Never heard of this sch. Located where, bro? Curious.

Birkhall Primary School was opposite Queenstown Baptist Church along Margaret Drive. On the same grounds and through the same gates, behind Birkhall Primary School were Queenstown Primary School and Strathmore Primary School. All three schools were demolished and in its place now stands only Queenstown Primary School on the exact spot where Birkhall Primary School used to be.
In the 50s to 70s most schools, be they primary or secondary, were all built in the same design. Here is a picture of Birkhall Primary School, which was the first of the three primary schools, facing the main gate along Margaret Drive.
Birkhall Primary School, Margaret Drive (27Sep1962) - 2.jpg
This picture (27Sep1962) was taken from outside Margaret Drive Primary School (MDPS) where I graduated in 1965. MDPS was later taken over by Margaret Drive Special School, then demolished and rebuilt to become the now Rainbow Centre. The picture shows policemen chasing away and knocking down the stalls of the roadside food-sellers. These sellers usually come from very poor families which were in abundance in those days.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Everyone in this thread should one day meet up together in Mei Ling Street market for coffee and chicken rice and fish ball noodles and of course some Tiger beer.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just so surprised many not heard of Birkhall Pri Sch

me neither till now...SBF is better than the education Min of Education had given me all the years...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

me neither till now...SBF is better than the education Min of Education had given me all the years...

Actually Queenstown has many nice names not just to the streets but also to buildings and schools. Hmmmmm making me miss home so much liao.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Narong Wongwan said:
If Mont d'or then they had a branch in Orchard where Ngee Ann city is now....they were quite famous then....together with Fuji cake shop.....knn all extinct liao

Remember that especially their Black Forest Cake.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This guy's family monopolies the SAF.
Both his other brothers also high flying generals.
Were they same the same primary school too?

This guy was formerly from Birkhall Primary School.

Ng Chee Khern (simplified Chinese: 黄志勤; traditional Chinese: 黃志勤; pinyin: Huáng Zhìqín; born 18 October 1965[1]) is the Director of Singapore's Security and Intelligence Division.[2][3] He was formerly Chief of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) and held the rank of Major-General.

Prior to his appointment as RSAF Chief, Ng served as second-in-command as Chief of Staff (Air Staff). He took over the role of RSAF Chief from Lim Kim Choon, who retired in March 2006.

Ng joined the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) in 1984, and was a recipient of the President's Scholarship in 1984 and the SAF Overseas Scholarship in 1985.[4]

Ng was educated in Victoria School and Hwa Chong Junior College. He holds a Master of Arts in philosophy, politics and economics from the University of Oxford, and a Master of Public Administration from Harvard University.[5][dead link] He was one of the RSAF's first F-16 pilots, and flew the Northrop F-5E Tiger-II.[6]

Among his other appointments in the SAF, Ng was the Commanding Officer of the RSAF's 149 Squadron, the Commander of Tengah Air Base, and the Director of the Joint Operations and Planning Directorate (JOPD).[7]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I think they were very famous then and a bit premium brand...to have a shop in orchard.
Too bad they din survive like Polar Cafe did.

Remember that especially their Black Forest Cake.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Conqueror said:
Very old. That was ... started in the 50s ? 60s to 70s ? Was it even active in the 80s ? I think by the 90s this place had already slowed down quite a lot - an old estate with many old folks by then.

Queenstown was started in the 50s. Around mid-50s several blocks had been up stretching from Margaret Drive and Strathmore Ave all the way to Alexandra Rd. Tanglin Halt comes in later. And Bukit Ho Swee only after the fire (late 50's).

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal

This guy's family monopolies the SAF.
Both his other brothers also high flying generals.
Were they same the same primary school too?

Bro, I don't know leh.

All that I know are from other people. You see, I screwed a lot of girls. And many of these girls were from the Queenstown area. So, they have friends and siblings who are connected and they gossip, so I just listen and I remember the names. As years passed, you start to see these outstanding people's names appearing in the newspaper. That's how I remembered.

I screwed girls from Queensway Sec, New Town Sec, Crescent Girl's, Tanglin Tech, and as far as Cedar Girls.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Birkhall Primary School was opposite Queenstown Baptist Church along Margaret Drive. On the same grounds and through the same gates, behind Birkhall Primary School were Queenstown Primary School and Strathmore Primary School. All three schools were demolished and in its place now stands only Queenstown Primary School on the exact spot where Birkhall Primary School used to be.
In the 50s to 70s most schools, be they primary or secondary, were all built in the same design. Here is a picture of Birkhall Primary School, which was the first of the three primary schools, facing the main gate along Margaret Drive.
View attachment 5293
This picture (27Sep1962) was taken from outside Margaret Drive Primary School (MDPS) where I graduated in 1965. MDPS was later taken over by Margaret Drive Special School, then demolished and rebuilt to become the now Rainbow Centre. The picture shows policemen chasing away and knocking down the stalls of the roadside food-sellers. These sellers usually come from very poor families which were in abundance in those days.

Fredteo gor-gor, I also from Margaret Drive Primary School enter 1973 left 1978. My time principal is an angmoh lady Mrs Quinn or something sound like queen. Don't know why my time school has many Indians. So you must also be staying in Q'town area.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I screwed girls from Queensway Sec, New Town Sec, Crescent Girl's, Tanglin Tech, and as far as Cedar Girls.
You missed out commonwealth sec, baharudin vitb, mei chin...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait Till You See Clementi's Empress Cinema Complex

why_isn_t_the_old_empress_cinema_at_clementi_being_redeveloped-thumbnail

why_isn_t_the_old_empress_cinema_at_clementi_being_redeveloped_1-data

4624671940_46b06617e0_z.jpg

Wow this building is still standing today going to undergo redevelopment

https://maps.google.com.sg/maps?q=1...=qqrrjeuDhxwawld-GOX7xQ&cbp=11,55.87,,0,-8.94

Wah ! Ready, steady, pom pee pee ! Empress Cinema Complex at Clementi is still there !

Recently, there were some heavy machinery trying to thresh it or what ... dono what's happening now.

DSC01741.jpg

IMG_0154_1_.JPG

Like many old buildings with fond memories fading into one's twilight years and like a dead fallen leaf blown away with the wind. 伤感,啊!可惜!可惜!Hor Sake ! Hor Sake !

2418661516_c2cb73dd1e.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

You missed out commonwealth sec, baharudin vitb, mei chin...

Oh yah ! Crescent Girl's or CGS ! A few Media Cock artistes also from there. My sis was also from there. Cynthia Koh, Chen Li Ping, Jeanette Aw, Stella Ng and ... Felicia Chin ? And you don't want to know who else is from there too. Make a guess.

CGS_Crest.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Oh yah ! Crescent Girl's or CGS ! A few Media Cock artistes also from there. My sis was also from there. Cynthia Koh, Chen Li Ping, Jeanette Aw, Stella Ng and ... Felicia Chin ? And you don't want to know who else is from there too. Make a guess.

CGS_Crest.jpg

Madam is from there too.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queenstown Has Got A Good Ol' Brits Heritage

31RAF00Z.jpg

Queenstown was started in the 50s. Around mid-50s several blocks had been up stretching from Margaret Drive and Strathmore Ave all the way to Alexandra Rd. Tanglin Halt comes in later. And Bukit Ho Swee only after the fire (late 50's).

Yep ! Very old estate. Older than TPY ? I think so. It was named after the QE2.

It has got that good ol' British heritage. And don't forget Colbar.

colbar-s1-lah.jpg

1306157961queen-elizabeth-ii-british-elite-2.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Rep From Queenstown !

Yes, I got alot of MCs from there :biggrin:

I studied at a school nearby - Queensway Secondary School. Before that, I was from Birkhall Primary, always last in class.

Queensway Sec ? This guy from CSS 2 许国豪 He Guo Hao (left). The guy on the right was from Gan Eng Seng. The trio got an instant fame that they were invited to a Taiwanese TV variety program. Si Bay Ho !

[video=youtube;UsUt98bwPCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsUt98bwPCw&feature=related[/video]