• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd Story, Winter Clothing

You damn good la Conqueror. Centre staircase going up to 2nd floor has 2 units right is often the arcade (first time played space invaders there) the left unit changed hands many times but bookshop I guess lasted the longest, was it Popular Bookshop I don't remember. Then it was also a big sports shop and I guess they too sold camping equipment.

More like ... winter clothing ? I heard those stuff there were much cheaper.

WinningsClearanceSale09.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: 2nd Story, Winter Clothing

More like ... winter clothing ? I heard those stuff there were much cheaper.

WinningsClearanceSale09.jpg

Like I'd said businesses come and go up there on the 2nd floor and yes I did remember winter clothes too even for the video arcade. The most memorable one is the bookshops because they stayed the longest which is why impression on this is stronger. Hey conqueror you also Q'town boy/girl? I lived in 27A overlooking the primary schools' field from 1971 after chased out of the old ABC Brickwork estate.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Report-Book.jpg

Birkhall Primary School Song

Part 1:
Steady in work and strong in games
E. E D CC B_CD

Merits and credits are ours to claim
FF EDDC C DE

Success shall come to one and all
CGG EC FGA

With confidence and courage , We'll stand tall
A GGG AGC E D C

- - - START OF CHORUS - - -
United we stand, divided we fall
CCC G GAAAG

Birkhall student will answer the call
EFG G E C FFED

Our motto is : "Give OF your best"

E FF G AAAG

We demand hard work we'll accept no less
EEF GE CE D C
- - - END OF CHORUS - - -

Part 2:
To Birkhall our sincerity
Never forgetting our loyalty
True to our school we'll try to be
We shall work hard like a family...

[video=youtube;2kVou6yxgJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kVou6yxgJE[/video]
http://www.facebook.com/groups/10094899871/doc/?id=10150217055174872

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

thanks for sharing....images really brings back memories.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you boss.

Me, no boss, SAM is!, me just small fry!. I remember that part of Queenstown, way back army dazed ( days, oop!), when there were just too few places to go & visit civilization from camp; and felt like the cinderella, have to rush back to "stalag 13" before 23:59:p

Seeing the video sure bring back memories of a time, lost...thanks for the memory. :wink:

CindyWang

Alfrescian
Loyal

the video is excellent !

Things have changed so much - the design of buildings, dressing, hairstyle etc.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Report-Book.jpg

Birkhall Primary School Song

Part 1:
Steady in work and strong in games
E. E D CC B_CD

Merits and credits are ours to claim
FF EDDC C DE

Success shall come to one and all
CGG EC FGA

With confidence and courage , We'll stand tall
A GGG AGC E D C

- - - START OF CHORUS - - -
United we stand, divided we fall
CCC G GAAAG

Birkhall student will answer the call
EFG G E C FFED

Our motto is : "Give OF your best"

E FF G AAAG

We demand hard work we'll accept no less
EEF GE CE D C
- - - END OF CHORUS - - -

Part 2:
To Birkhall our sincerity
Never forgetting our loyalty
True to our school we'll try to be
We shall work hard like a family...

[video=youtube;2kVou6yxgJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kVou6yxgJE[/video]
http://www.facebook.com/groups/10094899871/doc/?id=10150217055174872

Nice cLips ! That GoLden Crown Restaurant atop of the Ta Chung Emporium reminds me of those wonderfuL time when we wouLd be having Dim sum there.
The Arched market is the pLace where we used to buy catch-your-own guppies with one friendLy aunty there too.
:wink:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Iremember that time we school boys bought fighting fish :biggrin:

fredteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Margaret Drive School lah without the words Primary as there is no Margaret Drive Sec Sch.
Reporting to Mr Teo the headmaster ! :biggrin:

The same old site has gone through at least three phases of change. As I have stated I was in Margaret Drive Primary School throughout my primary education. So my friends and I should know better. When the school was first built it was known as "Margaret Drive Primary School" for normal children.
In 1987 the building was renamed Margaret Drive School to cater to children with multiple handicaps.
The old building was demolished and in 1992, the Rainbow Centre was established on the same old site for children with autism aged between six and sixteen years old.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Iremember that time we school boys bought fighting fish :biggrin:

What have happened to the fighting fishes of oLd days and now ? ; now these fishes just can't fight anymore,
more for ornamentaL & dispLay onLy ! :cool:
BaLu asai pai swee nia ..knn.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last time fighting fish cost $1 at most fight until siow now they smart liao :biggrin:
What have happened to the fighting fishes of oLd days and now ? ; now these fishes just can't fight anymore,
more for ornamentaL & dispLay onLy ! :cool:
BaLu asai pai swee nia ..knn.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nice cLips ! That GoLden Crown Restaurant atop of the Ta Chung Emporium reminds me of those wonderfuL time when we wouLd be having Dim sum there.
The Arched market is the pLace where we used to buy catch-your-own guppies with one friendLy aunty there too.
:wink:
The arched market is still around right? Think is furniture showroom now.
And remembered there was a cake shop somewhere in Tai Chung ground floor?
OUB is no more but Golden Crown still around.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The arched market is still around right? Think is furniture showroom now.
And remembered there was a cake shop somewhere in Tai Chung ground floor?
OUB is no more but Golden Crown still around.
Oh ?, never know that GoLden Crown stiLL exist though.CertainLy i remembered that oLd fashioned cake shop..
..the demise of the Hawker centre is the saddest.Corner stall fishbaLL noodLes was great, cheng tng sedap, and up the 2nd floor was the famous chicken rice, aLso the Shanghainese food on the row behind..:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh ?, never know that GoLden Crown stiLL exist though.CertainLy i remembered that oLd fashioned cake shop..
..the demise of the Hawker centre is the saddest.Corner stall fishbaLL noodLes was great, cheng tng sedap, and up the 2nd floor was the famous chicken rice, aLso the Shanghainese food on the row behind..:smile:
Knew it moved to Safra bukit merah........heard now moved to Depot road.
At a point of time (later part) the downstairs of tai chung also became a kopitiam.

There were alot of good food at the HC.
Remembered 2 cheng tng stalls side by side that were arch rivals (at the corner end near to polyclinic) always fighting for customers.
Upstairs there was a coffee house and POSB.
CK Tang family goes to one of the cinema turned churches and the whole family would dine on chicken rice there every sunday afternoon after service.
My first brush with elites there.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Knew it moved to Safra bukit merah........heard now moved to Depot road.
At a point of time (later part) the downstairs of tai chung also became a kopitiam.

There were alot of good food at the HC.
Remembered 2 cheng tng stalls side by side that were arch rivals (at the corner end near to polyclinic) always fighting for customers.
Upstairs there was a coffee house and POSB.
CK Tang family goes to one of the cinema turned churches and the whole family would dine on chicken rice there every sunday afternoon after service.
My first brush with elites there.
Bro, any idea where the chicken rice and the Sui Jiao Soup relocated?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro, any idea where the chicken rice and the Sui Jiao Soup relocated?

Sin Kee moved back to my old place...Mei Ling Street....but i never went back to check it out.

Dunno about the Sui Jiao......me looking for the claypot rice also

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

The same old site has gone through at least three phases of change. As I have stated I was in Margaret Drive Primary School throughout my primary education. So my friends and I should know better. When the school was first built it was known as "Margaret Drive Primary School" for normal children.
In 1987 the building was renamed Margaret Drive School to cater to children with multiple handicaps.
The old building was demolished and in 1992, the Rainbow Centre was established on the same old site for children with autism aged between six and sixteen years old.

Yes you are right, never heard of secondary before. I'm also from there finished at 1978. How about you?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Last time fighting fish cost $1 at most fight until siow now they smart liao :biggrin:

Fighting fish is still a very big thing here in Thailand. Lots of money exchange hands in betting and also the trading of the fish.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sin Kee moved back to my old place...Mei Ling Street....but i never went back to check it out.

Dunno about the Sui Jiao......me looking for the claypot rice also
Hehehe. Address on my birth cert is Mei Ling street aka Bee Leng Lor.
I suppose sin kee moved to the hawker centre on top of market.