• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Hey guys. Grew up in that area but did not attend any of the schools listed. Many old friends and neighbors are from these schools.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

I lo queenstown pri sch till 1988 kena ask to go liao :*:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi,

Anyone in this forum from the following primary schools ?

Birkhall Primary School,
Queenstown Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Margaret Drive Primary School,
Kay Siang Primary School

You forgot Strathmore Pri Sch

Anyway here is a quick sketch I just did

QTOWN.jpg

Me? Margaret Drive '78

B

Baluku

Famous school so what.

End up producing selfish MIWs who only care about their millions.

And ended up peasants suffering.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I recall when in school if got problems than always settle at block 96 :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I recall when in school if got problems than always settle at block 96 :biggrin:
Hehehehe. I also went to BLK 96 but the 16 storey one to smoke my first Salem menthol during P6. :wink:

Just behind the famous Fried Chicken Wing and Beehoon kopi tiam.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hehehehe. I also went to BLK 96 but the 16 storey one to smoke my first Salem menthol during P6. :wink:

Was this the bLock where the infamous shooting by a sniper of one pair of sisters took pLace ?..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was this the bLock where the infamous shooting by a sniper of one pair of sisters took pLace ?..
Hehehe. Heard of this story but not sure of the exact location. Should be in 10 storey (Tanglin Halt) instead of 16 storey.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hehehe. Heard of this story but not sure of the exact location. Should be in 10 storey (Tanglin Halt) instead of 16 storey.
My best coLLection of that area is the Queenstown cinema compLex which houses the bowLing centre; where bookies wouLd be seated at the front rows offering odds to punters; and the SheLL petroL station next to the
canaL where i worked as an apprentice mechanic during schooL hoLidays..:wink:

crazdesigner

I was living just next to the three primary schools at Margaret Drive, separated just by a fence, in a 3-storey SIT flat where the "New Optometry And Ocular Care Center" now is. There were three primary schools then - Birkhall Primary School,
Strathmore Primary School and Queenstown Primary School. They all existed in the same school grounds, the first being Birkhall Primary School where the present Queenstown Primary School is, followed by the other two primary schools in tandem.
I was studying in Margaret Drive Primary School from 1959-1965, a school then for normal children but it was later demolished. On the same site a new building named Margaret Drive Special School was rebuilt for autistic children. Later it is renamed Rainbow Centre.
Hua Yi Primary School existed on the same grounds as Margaret Drive Primary School but was built much later. You can view the picture of both schools at http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~ylma/margaret.htm, Hua Yi Primary School on the left and Margaret Drive Primary School on the right in the picture labelled "Class Primary 2A". I must thank the person who has posted online these pictures of my primary school as I do not have any.:smile:

I am from QPS. I think Strathmore pri merged into QPS in 1976 and then Birkhall Pri merged into QPS in 1984, that is why most ppl omly know QPS but not the other two.

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal

My best coLLection of that area is the Queenstown cinema compLex which houses the bowLing centre; where bookies wouLd be seated at the front rows offering odds to punters; and the SheLL petroL station next to the

I was from Birkhall where I personally witnessed a pair of teachers falling in love & married too .Mr.Sim is a skinny guy with mustachioe & his prize was a Miss Goh who is quite pretty ,we students were all puzzled how she can fall in love with this scrawny chap who did not have much personality . But he has a durian salesman face which is quite a turn off ,yet he 's lucky with ladies.

There was a Mr.Cheong Yip Seng who taught for a while before joining Straits Times , eventually retired as the Editor-in-chief . Heard he's now an ambassador, Birkhall is not that Boh Hor after all.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro for your info the bee hoon stall at 16 story no more liao, change to a youngster selling liao :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I was from Birkhall where I personally witnessed a pair of teachers falling in love & married too .Mr.Sim is a skinny guy with mustachioe & his prize was a Miss Goh who is quite pretty ,we students were all puzzled how she can fall in love with this scrawny chap who did not have much personality . But he has a durian salesman face which is quite a turn off ,yet he 's lucky with ladies.

There was a Mr.Cheong Yip Seng who taught for a while before joining Straits Times , eventually retired as the Editor-in-chief . Heard he's now an ambassador, Birkhall is not that Boh Hor after all.

Birkhall often win inter-school brass band competition

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehehe. That reminds me of Queenstown Swimming Pool right behind Shell. Spent a lot of my time at the swimming pools those days. Think it's 30 cents or 40 cents for 2 hours. If inside the pool longer than 2 hours kena 'Or Kong'. In fact, till this day. I still like the style. 1 Olympic size pool, 1 very deep diving pool and 1 children pool. Strangely, I can still remember the canteen operator's face. Think he has a big mole. I always enjoy the Lo Mai Kai after the swimming. And that is 30 years ago. Man! How time flies.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro for your info the bee hoon stall at 16 story no more liao, change to a youngster selling liao :biggrin:
Bro, serious? Umm. Am thinking of a food marathon on my next trip back to SG. That stall is one of the feature items in my list. I will start a new thread on 3 day food marathon in SG when the date is closer. :smile:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess the lo mai kai 3o years ago and now lots of difference :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is it after 2 hours lifeguard will blow whistle?
I remembered the place got alot of pools, kids pools the deep diving pool (usually off limits), not so deep pool and the main pool.
From the kids pool side can look down thru the fence at the running track. Besides this pool I also go to the pool at present day Temasek club....back then was the Sande Club for the angmos but the jaga always let us thru....the angmos also dun mind us though it was obvious we were not members.

Hehehehe. That reminds me of Queenstown Swimming Pool right behind Shell. Spent a lot of my time at the swimming pools those days. Think it's 30 cents or 40 cents for 2 hours. If inside the pool longer than 2 hours kena 'Or Kong'. In fact, till this day. I still like the style. 1 Olympic size pool, 1 very deep diving pool and 1 children pool. Strangely, I can still remember the canteen operator's face. Think he has a big mole. I always enjoy the Lo Mai Kai after the swimming. And that is 30 years ago. Man! How time flies.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro chonburifc that bee hoon stall locate at commonwealth right ? used to be next to indian drink stall right ?
comfirm change seller liao :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess the lo mai kai 3o years ago and now lots of difference :biggrin:
Yes, yes. Remember during those days, Lo Mai Gai and Fan Choi all in reusable aluminium bowls. Now it's all in aluminium foils. :(