• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawasdee Krup pi. Chai chai mao mak mak ruei.

Cannot da-pao la pi, kin mod liao. Now 8am liao go Tiong Bahru for my lor-mee and Guinness. Cheers.

KNN, it seems that once you're back in Sinkieland you 'mao' everyday and night right ? Are Sinkies girls that ugly compared to sao sao LOS, so much so that you need to keep yourself "mao" from accidentally looking at any of them ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
KNN, it seems that once you're back in Sinkieland you 'mao' everyday and night right ? Are Sinkies girls that ugly compared to sao sao LOS, so much so that you need to keep yourself "mao" from accidentally looking at any of them ?

First of all I am more of a doer than a looker meaning I don't really look at girls because can do nothing. However I did notice this time that many Singapore young girls like to wear very short denim shorts. I think many look nice in it. For face and body surely Thai phuying much better as Thai phuying us fashionable and have good dressing sense generally.

As for drinks, I like The Wine Company at Dempsey because environment very sabai sabai I cannot fine a place like his anywhere in Thailand. Also when I was living here I go there about 4 times a week usually starts at 4pm and home before 9pm. Will be there again this afternoon.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No poo yai lah. Fake goods, Pattaya still long way to go. Pattaya standard only can bluff tourists.

Although products original, products price still not as attractive. Product range also not so latest. Might be cheap and latest to some non to well-travel tourist, defintely not Sinkees. BKK should have better choice at the departmental stores.

NW, Tawan Daeng got 'accompany table' or not? Never been there.

PTTY got alot of fake watches bluff tourist........but standard lose to PRC fakes...

Tawandaeng is good clean fun but you can try to sian the waitresses though

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya agree no need anything to open bank account except passport....
There is no hard and fast rule.......you can go from branch to branch of smae bank and they have own different rules.....i opened with Bangkok Bank with only passport.....

People tell me Aeon ATMs no 150baht charge........yet to confirm......anyone knows?

Do not require an ED VISA to open a bank account in LOS but the tellers might ask for it. Just go to another branch/bank if they reject your application. You only need to provide them a permanent address.

Forget about Citibank. Outside BKK, Siam Commerical Bank (Thai Panich), Kasikorn and Bank of Ayutaya (Grung Sri Ayutaya) have many branches and ATMs are quite easily available. You can also use ATM from other banks with a surcharge. Also take note you will need to pay a surcharge for withdrawal if you withdraw $$$ from branches other than the province you open your account.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all I am more of a doer than a looker meaning I don't really look at girls because can do nothing. However I did notice this time that many Singapore young girls like to wear very short denim shorts. I think many look nice in it. For face and body surely Thai phuying much better as Thai phuying us fashionable and have good dressing sense generally.

As for drinks, I like The Wine Company at Dempsey because environment very sabai sabai I cannot fine a place like his anywhere in Thailand. Also when I was living here I go there about 4 times a week usually starts at 4pm and home before 9pm. Will be there again this afternoon.
Start one in BKK. Can also save on the QC by being the QC manager yourself. :smile: If got waitress narak narak, sure no lack of customers.

PTTY got alot of fake watches bluff tourist........but standard lose to PRC fakes...

Tawandaeng is good clean fun but you can try to sian the waitresses though
S
Waitress Chio Bo? What is the price like to have a decent dinner and drinks at TawanDaeng SG?
Ya agree no need anything to open bank account except passport....
There is no hard and fast rule.......you can go from branch to branch of smae bank and they have own different rules.....i opened with Bangkok Bank with only passport.....

People tell me Aeon ATMs no 150baht charge........yet to confirm......anyone knows?
Yeah, miss out the most important thing, passport.
Have never try AEON, according to some forumers at thaivisa, there's no THB 150 charges but reputation very bad. Do a search at Thaivisa.
Why you all runroad? Actually I think Singapore not bad. Not say perfect, can't expect perfect, but not bad.
What runroad? It's call Voluntarily Exile.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why you all runroad? Actually I think Singapore not bad. Not say perfect, can't expect perfect, but not bad.

I heard the calling I heeded the calling. It's been one jihad after another while the 72 virgins await me. In the meantime care to join me for a bottle of Malborough Sauvignon Blanc at 5 followed by a red preferably my favourite Simonsig's CabSav and then it's off to Longbeach for chilli crab. All these in Dempsey.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just settled down and passed the white and go directly tothe red. Spotted something I've not seen. A beautiful bottle of '06 Amarone by Caterina Zardini. Just beautiful this red. Smooth, soft yet strong with character. One of the best Amarone I've tasted. Anyone interested can come join me, I'm all alone with my wine. Oh the cheese platter just arrived.

Salud!!!!

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just settled down and passed the white and go directly tothe red. Spotted something I've not seen. A beautiful bottle of '06 Amarone by Caterina Zardini. Just beautiful this red. Smooth, soft yet strong with character. One of the best Amarone I've tasted. Anyone interested can come join me, I'm all alone with my wine. Oh the cheese platter just arrived.

Salud!!!!

Why you drink breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper still not drunk???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why you drink breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper still not drunk???

Enjoying a drink or two with my meal is what I look forward to, not getting drunk. I think the last time I was drunk was more than 15 years ago. And since I don't like afternoon tea, I have my cookies and cheese with wine like now.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not sure if I'm biased. This is my observation. In Thailand if you get to see girls wear "very short denim shorts", more often than not they're either WLs or Gogo Bar girls etc. The decent ones studying in good universities or the Thai-Chinese girls with rich papa mama selling gold or shark fins in Yaowarat don't subscribe to the same dress code you mentioned.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just go to another branch/bank if they reject your application. You only need to provide them a permanent address..

On one of my visits to Bangkok a few years ago I got varying response, from "CANNOT" to wanting a referral letter from their branch in Spore.:(
Back then I wasn't ready to move to LOS, just attracted by the higher interest rate:smile:

Is the required "permanent address", a Spore or Thai address:confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On one of my visits to Bangkok a few years ago I got varying response, from "CANNOT" to wanting a referral letter from their branch in Spore.:(
Back then I wasn't ready to move to LOS, just attracted by the higher interest rate:smile:

Believe it or not I got a friend on 2 weeks holiday who managed to open with his hotel room address....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm not sure if I'm biased. This is my observation. In Thailand if you get to see girls wear "very short denim shorts", more often than not they're either WLs or Gogo Bar girls etc. The decent ones studying in good universities or the Thai-Chinese girls with rich papa mama selling gold or shark fins in Yaowarat don't subscribe to the same dress code you mentioned.

Sawasdee Krup Khun Pojaman.

Last night I quiet because too much drinks and food until get back to hotel pengsan liao. Will be back this evening.

Since you asked I must say your observation is a little biased KYP please allow me to share. WLs and Agogo girls and Cayote girls view themselves lower than "proper" girls. Yes they are aware of this themselves. If you ask them if they had been to Siam Square, Paragon or Emporium the answer is obvious, many not been there and when asked why the answer is simply, its too expensive. Yes prices may be alittle too expensive there compare to night markets like in Ramkhamhaeng or Huay Kwang night markets (their favourite hand out places) the other reasons are, they feel shy to shop there because they feel they banook and also they simply have no time as the only time they have is after work which is after midnight.

So when one goes to Siam Square, Paragon, Emporium one can see many beautiful and young girl there wearing short denims and I will say most are just normal young girls but whether decent or not really cannot tell. Talking a little bit more about denim shorts, I have shopped for this with some ladies before and I must say that a new arrival denim shorts in Siam Square shop could cost around 2000baht (no brand or just brand of shop) and if one can wait for 1-2 months and shop at say normal night markets I mentioned price for the same shorts could be had for less than 800 baht. Brand-less or unknown brands clothes in Bangkok can be expensive if its just arrived and sold in Siam Square or even Ratchayothin Major night market.

Side track a little recently I was with a nice Thai Chinese man around late forties. Has beautiful Thai Chinese wife (not the hi-so ones). I was drinking with him and just talking about Thailand ladies. I said to him how lucky Thai men are because Thai ladies are so caring and considerate to their husbands and family. He told me not true for Thai Chinese ladies because afterall they are still Chinese in their upbringing for any Chinese family. He said what I am talking about are the real Thais and Thai Thai ladies. He told me that Thai Chinese ladies and even men are afterall still Chinese because of upbringing whether rich or poor.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night I quiet because too much drinks and food until get back to hotel pengsan liao. Will be back this evening.

I notice you report full drunk or over drank almost every day. Do cut down your drinking for your own good. When I was a stewardness, I noticed some men, usually middle aged and above, kept ordering alcohol drinks throughout the flight. It's very bad for their health but I had to serve them with a smile anyway as long as they're not exhibiting drunken behaviour. We're entitled the power to stop serving if that happened and it'd be too troublesome for a stewardess to handle. We'll call for the steward. Some of them are really good drinkers and I've only encountered once a passenger drunk until became rowdy.

Side track a little recently I was with a nice Thai Chinese man around late forties. Has beautiful Thai Chinese wife (not the hi-so ones). I was drinking with him and just talking about Thailand ladies. I said to him how lucky Thai men are because Thai ladies are so caring and considerate to their husbands and family. He told me not true for Thai Chinese ladies because afterall they are still Chinese in their upbringing for any Chinese family. He said what I am talking about are the real Thais and Thai Thai ladies. He told me that Thai Chinese ladies and even men are afterall still Chinese because of upbringing whether rich or poor.

Many pretty nice decent Singaporean women suffer from unfair stereotyping that we're bossy and demanding and uncaring of our men; foreign women are always better. This unfair stereotyping ranges from ignorance to sour grapes. When local man marries foreign woman, most local men gang up and say look, that's because the foreign wife is a better wife. When local woman marries foreign man, most local men gang up and say look, the local woman looks down local men.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a stewardness, I noticed some men, usually middle aged and above, kept ordering alcohol drinks throughout the flight. It's very bad for their health but I had to serve them with a smile anyway as long as they're not exhibiting drunken behaviour. We're entitled the power to stop serving if that happened and it'd be too troublesome for a stewardess to handle. We'll call for the steward. Some of them are really good drinkers and I've only encountered once a passenger drunk until became rowdy.

Good drinkers then let them drink. The top drinker here is not Joetys, he's Equalisation LOL

Many pretty nice decent Singaporean women suffer from unfair stereotyping that we're bossy and demanding and uncaring of our men; foreign women are always better. This unfair stereotyping ranges from ignorance to sour grapes. When local man marries foreign woman, most local men gang up and say look, that's because the foreign wife is a better wife. When local woman marries foreign man, most local men gang up and say look, the local woman looks down local men.

Many decent Sg men suffer unfair stereotyping that we're not gentleman enough, not caring enough, blah blah blah too LOL

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Johnny, NW is right in post #1715. You can just open an account even with a hotel address. Most branch are OK. The tellers just need this information as this is a compulsory 'field' in their computer system. You will also get a ATM/debit card and online banking.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, NW is right in post #1715. You can just open an account even with a hotel address. Most branch are OK. The tellers just need this information as this is a compulsory 'field' in their computer system. You will also get a ATM/debit card and online banking.

Ok, thanks. I'm really surprise about this but it must be a Thai thing:smile:

When I opened my Malaysian account I provided my Spore address. Maybank is actually using the address to send me stuff.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, thanks. I'm really surprise about this but it must be a Thai thing:smile:

When I opened my Malaysian account I provided my Spore address. Maybank is actually using the address to send me stuff.

that's pretty nice of them.....i used to bank with standchart and they refused to forward my statements to me in LOS......ask me to use see online statements...