• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got chio like this one not? This one I like

null-127.jpg

have lah. russian and ukraine you see before liaoz rite. now i think i also fall in love with a st petersburg sao sao who plays the piano really well. my wallet quite empty liaoz so can only see from far. :(

thekingsmen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thumbs up to this thread and its contributors... So many tips and information around and about LOS... So far i managed to scroll through the last 20 pages only... Anyway I just stumble across this forum... I keep going through when I'm free... Cheers to everyone who is here...:smile:

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
good morning everyone...chonburifc & joetys> planning for my trip to bangkok and pattaya,cant wait,everyday see this thread with all the food posting i beh tahan liao,any nice hotel in pattaya to recommend? no need 5star,i jst need a clean nice place,reasonable price and convenient,thanks. i use to stay in carlton in pattaya but its been a long time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arun Sawats. Was back early this morning as today have to bring a Dutch client to take a look at some apartments. Of course, will receive some 'water money' for the work. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
good morning everyone...chonburifc & joetys> planning for my trip to bangkok and pattaya,cant wait,everyday see this thread with all the food posting i beh tahan liao,any nice hotel in pattaya to recommend? no need 5star,i jst need a clean nice place,reasonable price and convenient,thanks. i use to stay in carlton in pattaya but its been a long time.

Welcome to you Fusoh. If need any help please ask. Have a pleasant trip.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. friend came on this monster, kawasaki vulcan special edition.
kns, told him to go see apartment in my vios better. owner see such bike sure knock carrot head. :p

20121205_085730.jpg

20121205_085741.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro joe,

i remember u posted b4 that u been to saiyko camp in the 80s. did u ate at the chicken rice stall beside the main canteen. that stall was the only stall there not owned by saf camp commandant. the granny served a toned down version of our chicken rice and chicken soup meehoon which i find very nice. while the rest of goondus headed for the canteen, i always go to this stall by the side with only 3-4 tables who main customers were the thai soldiers and saf perm staff. i tot that type of makan is common food until prove wrong as i cannot find anything similar in bangkok. even the coconut ice cream sold by the "mobile s4" also cannot find in bangkok.

Alamak it was 1987 April more than 25 years ago seriously I cannot recall la. Only can recall drinking hot Singha beer at that 43degC summer heat under vehicle and can also recall the cold icy chow-kuey (ching chow).
I dun recall the chicken rice as well.........my time was 3 food stores side by side with the sweet thai teenage girls manning the stores........maybe different era......remembered the horse machines.......the empty skyvan body in the field behind (used for fucking sessions).......the gift shop FL MILF (one of the camp thai capt's wife).......

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a Dutch client to take a look at some apartments. Of course, will receive some 'water money' for the work. :smile:
Basket, you moonlighting with side income +555. More beer money, or fatten wallet for your new ruskie piano player or tanned friend? Other lobangs?? :p

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basket, you moonlighting with side income +555. More beer money, or fatten wallet for your new ruskie piano player or tanned friend? Other lobangs?? :p
hehehe. recently money not enough liaoz. anyway, ka nam or water money not a lot for rental lah.but enough for few night beer and ciggies.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
beh tahan liao,any nice hotel in pattaya to recommend? no need 5star,i jst need a clean nice place,reasonable price and convenient....carlton in pattaya but its been a long time.
Comfort level is very individual. Not been to Patts awhile, but you could check out below 4 star types (not the Ritz). Also now high season, with selll out circa xmas/new year stretch. Check both direct hotel webbies and resellers like Agoda or Booking.com

Page 10 (near Central Festival, WS). Eyeing this, with good reviews by independent Tripadvisor

http://www.page10hotel.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...-Page_10_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Stayed at August Suites once, comfy big rooms with balcony ..just need to take the baht bus

http://www.augustsuites.com/

Positive reviews by Tripadvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...-August_Suites-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Failing above, ChonburiFC might be tempted to share his room with you :p

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about Pattaya hotels.......is the A1 still there? As a starry eyed impressionable 18 year olds back then........this hotel was the epitome of 5 star back then for us NS men......saving a princely sum to stay there finally.......shape of a ship was really impressive.
Later years started working graduated to those real 5 stars with private beaches aka Wong Amat

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Comfort level is very individual. Not been to Patts awhile, but you could check out below 4 star types (not the Ritz). Also now high season, with selll out circa xmas/new year stretch. Check both direct hotel webbies and resellers like Agoda or Booking.com

Page 10 (near Central Festival, WS). Eyeing this, with good reviews by independent Tripadvisor

http://www.page10hotel.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...-Page_10_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Stayed at August Suites once, comfy big rooms with balcony ..just need to take the baht bus

http://www.augustsuites.com/

Positive reviews by Tripadvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...-August_Suites-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Failing above, ChonburiFC might be tempted to share his room with you :p
hehehe. share room cannot lah. one recent not too old hotel will be ibis near patt. north.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about Pattaya hotels.......is the A1 still there? As a starry eyed impressionable 18 year olds back then........this hotel was the epitome of 5 star back then for us NS men......saving a princely sum to stay there finally.......shape of a ship was really impressive.
Later years started working graduated to those real 5 stars with private beaches aka Wong Amat

nw, a1 still around but very old liaoz. yes, wong amat is the new hi-so place with the opening of the new centara.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nw, a1 still around but very old liaoz. yes, wong amat is the new hi-so place with the opening of the new centara.

Ya few years back pass by looks run down.....
All the SAF perm staff hotel of choice then was Lek Hotel.....because got discount for SAF......now they got a Lek Jomtien even.......fonds memories of the place.
Another cheap favourite was Cherry Hotel.....250 baht for a nice room.......walking distance to beach and had a swimming pool even.......

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great meal Spotter. This 古早人 dishes looked a little like our Teochew porridge. I bet if eat this in Singapore say in Havelock road will surely cost you more than $50. So how much was this meal?

Almost RM90 :eek:
Split by 3 person :p
Exchange rate : SGD$1 = RM2.48